Budget Process Committee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:53:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Budget Process Committee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Budget Process Committee  (Read 26521 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2010, 08:39:10 PM »

In case it wasn't clear, We have a tropical storm coming on Thursday and the town of Smithfield has already had 7.4 inches of rain. And we likely will hit 8 before the the storm even hits. Thats what I meant by arrival of a female. The storm will likely be named Nicole, I think.
And here I thought you finally had a woman in your life! Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »

In case it wasn't clear, We have a tropical storm coming on Thursday and the town of Smithfield has already had 7.4 inches of rain. And we likely will hit 8 before the the storm even hits. Thats what I meant by arrival of a female. The storm will likely be named Nicole, I think.

Your fate will be painfully agonizing and slow. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2010, 08:42:43 PM »

SECURITY!!!!

THROW THE VILE INTERLOPER OUT!!!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2010, 08:46:50 PM »

And here I thought he was just getting his period.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »

Alas poor Badger, I knew him well. Shortest Game Moderator tenure yet measured. He didn't even get to see the fruits of a GOP sweep this fall in Ohio. RIP.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »

AYE
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »

Aye.

Sorry everyone, stuff going on here at home yet again.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »

20 inches of Rain since Sunday. Most of it is over though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »

As there's a majority of the Committee voting to accept the bill for consideration, it is hereby adopted.

OK Committee members, this is where the rubber meets the road. We need to figure out how the Atlasia Relief and Recovery Act changes the template budget's numbers. Start talking. I wasn't the person who proposed it so I better not have to be the first one posting suggestions here. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2010, 07:34:26 PM »

Template is not currently in front of me so I don't know the exact categories right now. But I will remind everyone that much of the bill has been spent. So a carefull review will be necessary to look for time limits and ranges of the spending. Figuring out percentage of time has passed and then substracting that amount from the total of each spending category and see what is left. It's not perfect but it should get us close to outstanding spending and tax changes as a result of the Stimulus Bill.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2010, 07:29:58 AM »

Template is not currently in front of me so I don't know the exact categories right now. But I will remind everyone that much of the bill has been spent. So a carefull review will be necessary to look for time limits and ranges of the spending. Figuring out percentage of time has passed and then substracting that amount from the total of each spending category and see what is left. It's not perfect but it should get us close to outstanding spending and tax changes as a result of the Stimulus Bill.

(bold) See third page of this thread

(italics) Just a reminder, we're currently only doing spending changes between Atlasian law and the RL budget.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2010, 06:37:50 PM »

(bold) See third page of this thread

(italics) Just a reminder, we're currently only doing spending changes between Atlasian law and the RL budget.

I realize its on the third page of the thread. I didn't exactly have the option of loading, otherwise, I would have. Use some common sense you badger. Tongue How many times do I have to remind you people that I have very limited bandwidth, and I am limited to the number of pages I can load at a time. I swear to god if another JCPer is caught questioning my intelligence I have no way to know what I might do. As if I don't know where it was. Really?

Really, I never would have guessed. Roll Eyes Frankly I don't give a damn which we are talking about or whether this is out of order. I shall say them as they come to me. If all you want to discuss is spending for now then DON'T READ THE DAMN STATEMENTS ABOUT TAXES.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »

August 13, 2009 - Would this be the best date of effectiveness for the bill?

Section 1
(b.) $70 billion to extend unemployment benefits for eighteen months, individual unemployment compensation checks will be increased by $50

Subtract 67% from the amount ($70 B) and add to appropriate category

Section 2: Infrastructure Investment ($532.5 billion)

Best estimate for me would be to subtract 50% or multiply by .5, whichever you prefer, each clause  and add to the appropriate category

Section 3: Aid to the Atlasian Auto Industry ($20 billion)

(b.) Atlasia shall provide $5 billion towards research for advanced fuel efficient vehicles, particularly hybrid cars. A special reseach group shall be appointed by the Senate to conduct the appropriate research in a professional and cost efficient manner.

(c.) Should GM, Ford or Chrysler be in imminent danger of liquidation within the next 2 years, an emergency government loan of up to $12 billion each shall be available upon consideration by the Senate. This emergency funding may only be used once by any single automaker.

This most likely spent except for maybe $2.5 billion in Clause b.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2010, 03:22:24 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2010, 01:48:56 PM by Badger »

August 13, 2009 - Would this be the best date of effectiveness for the bill?

Section 1
(b.) $70 billion to extend unemployment benefits for eighteen months, individual unemployment compensation checks will be increased by $50

Subtract 67% from the amount ($70 B) and add to appropriate category

Section 2: Infrastructure Investment ($532.5 billion)

Best estimate for me would be to subtract 50% or multiply by .5, whichever you prefer, each clause  and add to the appropriate category

Section 3: Aid to the Atlasian Auto Industry ($20 billion)

(b.) Atlasia shall provide $5 billion towards research for advanced fuel efficient vehicles, particularly hybrid cars. A special reseach group shall be appointed by the Senate to conduct the appropriate research in a professional and cost efficient manner.

(c.) Should GM, Ford or Chrysler be in imminent danger of liquidation within the next 2 years, an emergency government loan of up to $12 billion each shall be available upon consideration by the Senate. This emergency funding may only be used once by any single automaker.

This most likely spent except for maybe $2.5 billion in Clause b.

I see your point in terms of prorating the various expenditures, but remember this budget is what goes into effect the next fiscal "term" (i.e. the next presidential term). Accordingly I think we're okay with just increasing expenditures in the budget by the amount listed in the bill.

EDIT: I take it back re: unemployment. That's clearly needs prorated to convert 18 months expenditures into annual. For other expenditures that aren't explicitly authorized to be spent over multiple years it's probably easiest, yet still reasonably accurate, to just assume such spending changes the template budget's spending levels by the amount listed in the bill ($30 Bil/yr for food stamps, $12 Bil for Section 8 housing, etc.).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »

I think the $100 bil allocated under Sec. 1 (a) for programs under the Atlasian National Health Care Act should be deferred until we consider that bill (next in the que, but someone PLEASE educate me if it should be calculated here instead). With that I propose the ANRA creates the following changes to the template budget:

Sec. 1
(b) $46.5 Billion ($70 Bil prorated by 67% as Yank suggested) under Unemployment Compensation: Template Budget (TB): $39.33 Bil. ; Atlasian Budget (AB): $85.83 Bil

(c) $30 Bil increase in Food Stamps.
TB: $37.58 Bil; AB: $67.58

(d) $12 Bil increase under Housing Assistance.
TB: $38.45; AB: $50.45 Bil

(e) $10 Bil increase to "welfare" I propose applying $7 Bil under Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and $3 Bil under Family Support Payments (TANF).
SSI--TB: $38.66 Bil; AB: $45.66 Bil.
TANF--TB: $18.21 Bil; AB: $21.21 Bil.

(f) $10 Bil increase under Training and Employment.
TB: $6.88 Bil; AB: $16.88 Bil.

(g) $2 Bil increase to Other Nutritional Programs.
TB: $19.3 Bil; AB: $21.3 Bil.

Sec. 2 (a): $150 Bil increase to Highway and Highway Safety:
TB: $36.51; AB: $186.51 Bil.

(b) $20 Bil increase under Mass Transit:
TB: $8.51 Bil; AB: $28.51 Bil.

(c) $30 Bil under Railroads:
TB: $0.61 Bil; AB: $30.61 Bil.

(d) $30 Bil applied as $20 Bil under the Universal Service Fund, and $10 Bil under Area and Regional Development:
USF--TB: $7.96 Bil; AB: $27.96 Bil.
A&R Dev--TB: $2.86 Bil; AB: $12.86 Bil.

(e) $30 Bil increase to Community Development:
TB: $6.25 Bil; AB: $36.25 Bil.

(f) $30 Bil to repair and modernize government buildings should be prorated across almost every major category of spending, but I'm going to shamefully punt and suggest allocating it to "General Government Administration" and divided equally among the four subcategories listed there ($7.5 Bil each). If anyone else wants to calculate a different application across most spending categories, please be my guest. Tongue

(g) $30 Bil applied $10 Bil. each to Water Resources & Pollution Control and Abatement, and $5 Bil. each to Community Development and Area & Regional Development:
New numbers: $15.45 Bil; $18.42 Bil; $41.25 Bil; and $17.86 Bil respectively. (Note these last two figures also include the increases from Sec. 2 (d) & (e) above).

(h) $10 Bil applied $2 Bil to Energy Supply (now $2.73 Bil), and $4 Bil each to Community Development and Area & Regional Development (increased to $45.25 Bil and $21.86 Bil, respectively).

(i) $2 Bil to.....? Seriously, what is the "Crisis" program and what category does it fit under in the Template Budget? Otherwise, "General Government Administration".

I'm tired and will have to pick up later. Tongue Please feel free to comment on the proposal thus far, and/or pick up where I left off in the bill (HINT HINT). Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »

I think the $100 bil allocated under Sec. 1 (a) for programs under the Atlasian National Health Care Act should be deferred until we consider that bill (next in the que, but someone PLEASE educate me if it should be calculated here instead). With that I propose the ANRA creates the following changes to the template budget:

Sec. 1
(b) $46.5 Billion ($70 Bil prorated by 67% as Yank suggested) under Unemployment Compensation: Template Budget (TB): $39.33 Bil. ; Atlasian Budget (AB): $85.83 Bil

(c) $30 Bil increase in Food Stamps.
TB: $37.58 Bil; AB: $67.58

(d) $12 Bil increase under Housing Assistance.
TB: $38.45; AB: $50.45 Bil

(e) $10 Bil increase to "welfare" I propose applying $7 Bil under Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and $3 Bil under Family Support Payments (TANF).
SSI--TB: $38.66 Bil; AB: $45.66 Bil.
TANF--TB: $18.21 Bil; AB: $21.21 Bil.

(f) $10 Bil increase under Training and Employment.
TB: $6.88 Bil; AB: $16.88 Bil.

(g) $2 Bil increase to Other Nutritional Programs.
TB: $19.3 Bil; AB: $21.3 Bil.

Sec. 2 (a): $150 Bil increase to Highway and Highway Safety:
TB: $36.51; AB: $186.51 Bil.

(b) $20 Bil increase under Mass Transit:
TB: $8.51 Bil; AB: $28.51 Bil.

(c) $30 Bil under Railroads:
TB: $0.61 Bil; AB: $30.61 Bil.

(d) $30 Bil applied as $20 Bil under the Universal Service Fund, and $10 Bil under Area and Regional Development:
USF--TB: $7.96 Bil; AB: $27.96 Bil.
A&R Dev--TB: $2.86 Bil; AB: $12.86 Bil.

(e) $30 Bil increase to Community Development:
TB: $6.25 Bil; AB: $36.25 Bil.

(f) $30 Bil to repair and modernize government buildings should be prorated across almost every major category of spending, but I'm going to shamefully punt and suggest allocating it to "General Government Administration" and divided equally among the four subcategories listed there ($7.5 Bil each). If anyone else wants to calculate a different application across most spending categories, please be my guest. Tongue

(g) $30 Bil applied $10 Bil. each to Water Resources & Pollution Control and Abatement, and $5 Bil. each to Community Development and Area & Regional Development:
New numbers: $15.45 Bil; $18.42 Bil; $41.25 Bil; and $17.86 Bil respectively. (Note these last two figures also include the increases from Sec. 2 (d) & (e) above).

(h) $10 Bil applied $2 Bil to Energy Supply (now $2.73 Bil), and $4 Bil each to Community Development and Area & Regional Development (increased to $45.25 Bil and $21.86 Bil, respectively).

(i) $2 Bil to.....? Seriously, what is the "Crisis" program and what category does it fit under in the Template Budget? Otherwise, "General Government Administration".

I'm tired and will have to pick up later. Tongue Please feel free to comment on the proposal thus far, and/or pick up where I left off in the bill (HINT HINT). Wink

That was Marokai's way of incorporating my suggestion that some amount be put into the "crisis funds" program through Social Services. He wrote it, not me. Probably some kind of welfare or emergency program can be used to stash it under.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2010, 04:46:44 PM »

And in fact, you probably don't need to worry about it. I can guarrantee that they are depleted a long time.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »

Badger, I wrote that under the assumption that "crisis" funds were for something like disaster relief. FEMA money, money to protect the shores in case of an oil spill, money to help prevent flood damage, random stuff like that. I can only assume that's what it would mean. And as Yankee said, they've probably been depleted by now anyway.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2010, 04:53:33 PM »

Badger, I wrote that under the assumption that "crisis" funds were for something like disaster relief. FEMA money, money to protect the shores in case of an oil spill, money to help prevent flood damage, random stuff like that. I can only assume that's what it would mean. And as Yankee said, they've probably been depleted by now anyway.

Now I really do beleive you when you said you didn't read other people's post.

The "Crisis Funds" program is actually used to help people who have been displaced by fire, flood, etc. They also pay electric bills (they used to pay rents but not anymore). You have a yearly limit on how much you get (about $800 I think) and often times they don't have any funds.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »

Got it. We'll dump the crisis funds.

So, there's only a handful of lines left in the ANRA and I'm going to be busy this weekend. I would VERY much like it if members of the Committee could please finish it up by monday, PLEASE?

Thanks. Fortunately I beleive this'll be the most difficult bill to assess of all those nominated.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

Got it. We'll dump the crisis funds.

So, there's only a handful of lines left in the ANRA and I'm going to be busy this weekend. I would VERY much like it if members of the Committee could please finish it up by monday, PLEASE?

Thanks. Fortunately I beleive this'll be the most difficult bill to assess of all those nominated.

Do you mean the tax lines or are we still just doing the spending side of it?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am unsure on how much of this has been depleted and spent. My take is many of those smaller amounts at bottom were depleted completely. Clause b is an enormous joke. $70 Billion for 18 months? What were you smoking Marokai? Anyway that is all gone by now. Despite it saying 18 months.

There might be some left of clause a but even that is debatable.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This anywhere from 60% to 75% depleted.

Everything else is taxes.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »

I was supposed to take Badger's place on this committee. Has the window closed on me?

And with the LSATs over, I'd like to reintroduce myself to everyone. Hi! Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »

Was the $100 billion given to the regions on a project-by-project basis, or was it given in a lump sum to the regions to let them do as they see fit with it?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2010, 08:01:01 PM »

Was the $100 billion given to the regions on a project-by-project basis, or was it given in a lump sum to the regions to let them do as they see fit with it?

That is an important question. I would assume lump sum.

Considering that, it is all gone now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies