Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 11:10:27 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  Dave Leip vs The Vorlon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: For whom would you vote?
Dave Leip (Moderator)   -35 (68.6%)
Vorlon (Master Pollster)   -16 (31.4%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Dave Leip vs The Vorlon  (Read 1138 times)
??????????
StatesRights
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2004, 03:35:42 pm »
Ignore

Would you vote for THE YaBB God or Mr Pollman. I think the polls would definately be biased towards the Vorlon however because he would payoff all the major pollster to show him with a lead.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 05:44:22 pm »
Ignore

I would be a swing voter on this election. I would probably vote Dave though...

Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 05:58:55 pm »
Ignore

Sorry, The Vorlon, you're the best Libertarian ever, but gotta go with Dave on this one. It's like God vs. Jesus.

Since I have no idea what Dave's political views are, I pretty much just generated a random map.

I can't explain why I chose the states I did.

Leip 332
Vorlon 206

n/c
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 06:40:08 pm »
Ignore

Dave. Vorlon is a bit too fond of Ayn Rand for me.

Green = Fake Scotland
Red = Real Scotland

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Akno21
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 07:22:39 pm »
Ignore

Dave is winning big. Did Republicans actually vote for someone from Massachusetts?

Ats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 07:41:33 pm »
Ignore

Vorlon!

Political Compass
Economic Right/Left: 7.25
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.13
Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 12:43:32 am »
Ignore

Dave. I have no idea if he's a Nazi, a Democrat, a green or a Log Cabin Republicn, but he's done soo much on this site that i'd vote for him if he was all of the above Smiley

Not that Vorlon is a bad guy Smiley

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 06:31:19 am »
Ignore

I haven't got a clue about Dave's politics, so  I guess I'd have to vote for the devil I know.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 08:39:51 am »
Ignore

IIRC on a thread about voting he said something along the lines of "in the Mid Terms, I voted for 2 Democrats, 1 Republican, 1 Libertarian and 1 Whig"

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 09:59:00 am »
Ignore

Vorlon. I might vote Dave but I have no clue what his politics are. I'm sure they're sound and all, but I like to have an idea what I'm voting for. Does anyone who did vote for him know what his politics are?

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 10:20:56 am »
Ignore

Vorlon. I might vote Dave but I have no clue what his politics are. I'm sure they're sound and all, but I like to have an idea what I'm voting for. Does anyone who did vote for him know what his politics are?

He's a vaguely Republican-leaning Independent.  I remember him saying that on some online radio show when he was interviewed Smiley

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 10:52:32 am »
Ignore

He's a vaguely Republican-leaning Independent.  I remember him saying that on some online radio show when he was interviewed Smiley

He's from Upstate New York originally (Syracuse I think) so that fits.

I found the Whig quote:

As for my voting history, I'm really an independent and look at the strenghts of individual candidates (especially since my political ideology spans many parties, depending on the issue) -> in the 2002 election here in Massachusetts, I voted for 2 Democrats, 1 republican, 1 Libertarian, 1 independent, and 1 Whig (strange as it may seem). 

Back on the old forum I dimly remember something about him liking a third party candidate somewhere in the Mid Terms. Can't recall whether it was Senate or Gubernatorial. And my memory may be playing tricks on me.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 11:09:01 am »
Ignore

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/leip/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=12&topic=3

Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 09:49:33 pm »
Ignore

Interestingly enough, it seems that one can still post to the old Forum, though no one has done so for a year, other than Tweed who made one post on Feb. 2.
Redefeatbush04
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 09:52:40 pm »
Ignore

Vorlon, I do not know enough about Dave's positions because he will not tell us (wink wink)

Man is by nature a political animal - Aristotle
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout