CA: Rasmussen: Boxer still the favorite in the senate race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:06:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA: Rasmussen: Boxer still the favorite in the senate race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Rasmussen: Boxer still the favorite in the senate race  (Read 2452 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »

New Poll: California Senator by Rasmussen on 2010-06-09

Summary: D: 48%, R: 43%, I: 5%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »

lol fiorina.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »

Wow, she doesn't even get the Patented Scott Rasmussen Double-Digit Primary Bounce? That must hurt.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:46:21 PM »

Wow, she doesn't even get the Patented Scott Rasmussen Double-Digit Primary Bounce? That must hurt.

Only the teabaggiest of the teabaggers get The Bounce. If DeVore had won he'd be up outside the MoE.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2010, 08:14:48 PM by Lunar »

Maybe it's an outlier.  

I've been of the opinion that Rasmussen's bias comes from their tight voter screens far out from election day.  For a race like this, which really wasn't THAT high profile, Boxer probably benefits more than Blumenthal and Conway in name I.D.  In an open-seat race, such screens would favor the "I'll vote Republican, even if I have no idea who that guy is" voter more than the equivalent for the Democrat.  However, in this race, it'd be the inverse maybe?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »

More irrational, incorrect Rasmussen hate.   Double-digit primary bounces are very rare in Rasmussen's polling.  If you follow TRENDS (which are the only things that matter this far out from election day anyway), Fiorina is up NET 2  (Boxer +3, Fiorina +5) from Rasmussen's pre-primary poll.  So yes, Rasmussen shows a small post-primary bounce for Fiorina, like he did for Angle (Net +3).  But it's not huge.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »

More irrational, incorrect Rasmussen hate.   Double-digit primary bounces are very rare in Rasmussen's polling.  If you follow TRENDS (which are the only things that matter this far out from election day anyway), Fiorina is up NET 2  (Boxer +3, Fiorina +5) from Rasmussen's pre-primary poll.  So yes, Rasmussen shows a small post-primary bounce for Fiorina, like he did for Angle (Net +3).  But it's not huge.

Oh, for God's sake, get a sense of humor.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »

Everything is pretty much falling into place so far.  Why am I not surprised?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »

Have you ever been surprised? 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »

Did you read the specific predictions I made in my thread a week ago?  I'm not surprised because I demonstrated there is no reason for me to be surprised.  Fiorina likely fits the doomed challenger pattern and there is no reason for me to change such observation...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 10:06:26 PM »

I suspect this will end up like the Bush-Kerry matchup with Boxer winning with about a 10% margin, but with higher third party votes of course. The governor's race may be closer but Brown should prevail.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »

I just wanted to say that I think it's funny that Fiorina criticized Boxer's hair when she sports that dyke haircut that is so unattractive.

Umm...she had cancer.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2010, 10:13:05 PM by Torie »

I suspect this will end up like the Bush-Kerry matchup with Boxer winning with about a 10% margin, but with higher third party votes of course. The governor's race may be closer but Brown should prevail.

I read the newspaper dated November 3, 2010, and Whitman will win by a 6% margin. The amount she spent per voter will make the Guinness book of records to boot. But, for her, the marginal utility of a mere 150 million is quite low.

Carly lost after she was caught doing a demon ram.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 10:18:17 PM »

Let's not underestimate Carly. I didn't expect her to make it past the primary and she did.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 11:59:19 PM »

I just wanted to say that I think it's funny that Fiorina criticized Boxer's hair when she sports that dyke haircut that is so unattractive.

Umm...she had cancer.

Awwkwaaard.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »

Umm...she had cancer.

Awwkwaaard.

Not for Blubb, I'm sure. Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 12:45:02 AM »

I read the newspaper dated November 3, 2010, and Whitman will win by a 6% margin. The amount she spent per voter will make the Guinness book of records to boot. But, for her, the marginal utility of a mere 150 million is quite low.

I don't think her money is going to do anything, tbh. People already know her and will probably get sick of her way before that 150 million is gone. I'll be an optimist and say issues will decide things in the end. This is why I think Whitman will only lose by a 5 point margin rather than a more "normal" double digit margin loss. Brown might not have the issues going his way, but he's a good politician. Don't count him out.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »

Now we all know your secret, you....

...have a time machine. Tongue

sg0508
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »

It's only this close because of the post primary bounce.  I doubt you will see a poll any closer than this one the rest of the way.

Boxer will win by 15-20 pts now that she can play the "too conservative for CA" nonsense.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 01:04:32 PM »

Vander Blubb for the win as usual.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »