1972 Gameplay thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:51:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1972 Gameplay thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 1972 Gameplay thread  (Read 10989 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2010, 12:34:01 PM »

This is where the gameplay is. The events happen the same as in RL.

Here are the rules:

1. You come up with the speeches, ads and all that.

2. Any assassination attempts or something in that nature must be approved by me in advance. Same goes for endorsements. Any wild and wacky stuff is not approved

3. Once most of the players go for the round, i will put up polling.

You guys can start, but be aware tmthforu94 won't be on for a week.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »

Kennedy announces
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »

Speaking to a local television station, Nixon responds on whether he plans on running for reelection...

As of now, I do plan on running for reelection. I'm proud of what we have accomplished over the past couple of years. However, it will be up to the people, not myself, on whether or not we actually win reelection.
- President Richard Nixon
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »

Senator George McGovern makes an announcement in Mitchell, South Dakota:

"For too long we have heard silence from our leaders as innocent lives, American and Vietnamese, continue to perish in a senseless war in southeast Asia. It is time for a change. I feel a moral obligation to thus announce my candidacy for Presidency of the United States in 1972."
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2010, 09:13:01 PM by Barnes »

At an anti-war rally in New York City, Dr. Benjamin Spock announces he'll be running for President on the Peace & Freedom party ticket.

"This country has been abused by corrupt Washington insiders, and war-mongers content on continuing a war that will never be won.  I believe that this country should try and better it's own people.  Therefor, to help that goal, I am running for President of the United States!"

Spock makes a tour of the city and then proceeds to an anti-war rally in California.  

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2010, 09:24:52 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

The Nixon campaign announces that over the next month, they will conduct a 50-state tour. Their hope is to learn the problems and issues of Americans from all walks of life.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:31:29 PM »

Senator Henry "Scoop" Jackson of Washington announces that he will run for the Presidency, and will begin campaigning with a tour of the Deep South, starting on Thursday.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 09:57:10 PM »

Dr. Spock travels to Minnesota and speaks about the desperate need for Universal Health Care in America.

"The government must be made to help the people.  We are the greatest nation in the world, yet we let thousands die each year because they cannot afford quality health insurance.  This is a broken system, and it must be fixed!  If you elect me as your president, it will be fixed, mark my words!"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »

Nixon holds a rally in Las Vegas, Nevada, one of his first stops on his 50-state tour.

But let me just say this last word. Regardless of what happens in this election, I am going to continue this fight for the people. I am going to campaign up and down America until we drive the crooks and the Communists and those that defend them out of Washington! America is a great nation. Elect me for a second term, and we can make it greater than it ever has been!

hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »

Kennedy attacks Nixon for his "Inexcusable actions in Vietnam, and also says "What happened to your "secret plan to end the war?""
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »

Senator Jackson takes the podium at Clemson University in South Carolina

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »

Dr. Spock gives an interview with John Chancellor of the NBC Nightly News.

"I believe, John, that an immediate and total withdrawal from Vietnam is the best policy for the United States and its brave sons and daughters fighting overseas.  In 1968, Mr. Nixon promised to have 'An honorable end to the war in Vietnam'.  That has not happened, more Americans are dieing every day, more innocent Vietnamese, who are simply civilians, are dying every day.  Mr. Nixon has failed to deliver on his promise.  His Administration is infested with lies and crime.  It's a disgrace to the American people and it's brave soldiers who are dying for a lost cause in a far away country." 
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 04:38:01 PM »

Kennedy talks about health care reform on Walter Cronkite.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »

George Wallace announces his run for the presidency as a Democrat.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 08:19:56 PM »

Senator Jackson giving a speech at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 08:33:20 PM »

Dr. Spock travels to Dallas, Texas, and attacks both Democrats and Republicans as being the "Parties of big money and little interest in people". He also attacks President Nixon on the Vietnam War.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 08:41:15 PM »

Senator McGovern heads to Gary, Indiana to hold a rally with local black leaders, promising that he is the right candidate to move race relations forward. He cites George Wallace's support for segregation and Henry Jackson's opposition to busing as evidence that his primary opponents are out-of-touch with the needs of black Americans and with the Democratic Party in the post-Civil Rights era.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »

Speaking in front of a televised audience, Nixon speaks with a reporter with the main focus being on the Vietnam War...

War is not fun. It is evil. But in some cases, like this, it is essential to the well-being and prosperity of mankind. This race is just a small speck in history, but this war could change this world for centuries to come. I would rather lose this election than lose the war. The cost and implications of a losing effort are too great for Americans to even begin to imagine, thus we musn't put America in a position to even think of it. While we have begun troop withdrawal, we still have yet to complete the mission by destroying the enemy. Fellow Americans, I promise you, that I will chase the enemy to the gates of hell if that's what it comes to. We must stay united and strong as one nation, under God. That is our only way of prevailing. I believe, unlike my Democratic opponents, that failure cannot be an option.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »

Dr. Spock responds to President Nixon's comments:

"How can the President really claim that whether or not Vietnam is a communist country would change the course of the future in unimaginable ways?  That is completely ludicrous.  The President promised an 'Honorable end to the war in Vietnam', yet he has clearly stated that he'll fight to the death to justify his complete failure in that country.  Mr. Nixon has the wrong ideas on Vietnam, and he fooled the voters in 1968, because it's becoming apparent that he didn't have any idea regarding Vietnam back then."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »

When asked to respond to Dr. Spock's comments, Nixon states the following...

Well, Dr. Spock clearly does not have the nation's future at heart when he wants to go around and stop a massive war as soon as possible. We are withdrawing from this war, and things are running smoothly. However, we must make sure that before we leave, we are successful in defeating the enemy. Until that occurs, the Vietnam War will be a complete failure.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »

"The Vietnam war is a complete failure. The only way to honor our troops is to get them out of there. Things are not running smoothly, there has been no real progress, and more and more people are dying every day."
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 12:17:10 PM »

Dr. Spock attends an anti-war speaking event in Chicago, Illinois.

"We have to pull our troops home now! Not in a year or two, or when Mr. Nixon think the time is right, but now! The Vietnam War will never be won. It's not a fault of our brave soldiers, but a fault of misguided leaders forcing them into a misguided war!"
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 12:56:24 PM »

The First Polling is released in November 1971:

The Democratic Polling:

Kennedy(Red)-35
McGovern(Blue)-25
Jackson(Green)-25
Wallace(Brown)-25

Presidential Race Polling:

Nixon/Agnew- 360 EV, 59.0% PV

Democratic Candidate-178, 40% PV

Spock: 0 Ev, 1%

yougo1000
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »

"I shall challenge President Richard Nixon for the Presidency" Declares Prescott Bush in Conneticut
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »

In a speech, President Nixon welcomes Former Senator Bush to the race...

I welcome Senator Bush to the race. It's nice to see him trying to get back into politics after spending nearly a decade out of them. However, I must ask Americans, do we want a President who is a sympathizer to Nazi's? Someone who makes financial dealings with them, specifically a man named Fritz Thyssen? I'll leave it to Republican voters to decide. But right now, I think we need a leader who will stand up for Americans, not Nazi's.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies