SD-AL/Rasmussen: After primary, Noem (R) defeats Herseth-Sandlin (D) by 12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:40:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  SD-AL/Rasmussen: After primary, Noem (R) defeats Herseth-Sandlin (D) by 12
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SD-AL/Rasmussen: After primary, Noem (R) defeats Herseth-Sandlin (D) by 12  (Read 2591 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »

I haven't a clue.  KELO-TV is probably the most watched in the state, and covers both the Sioux Falls and Rapid City markets.  They have the best website of the South Dakota stations.  Google searches show at least two instances when she was mentioned on their website before this election cycle.  There could be more.  She definitely was mentioned during the election cycle.  And as I said, there was a contested Republican primary and Noem was likely advertising outside of the newscasts, too.

Our problem here is that we're both arguing from our guts and what we believe to be true, and don't have data. I do believe that the percentage of people watching local tv news is fairly low.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »

Here's some data. By 2008, all network news reports combined had an audience of only 22.8 million out of a country of about 300 million. I believe that something like 130 million people voted in 2008, which a substantially smaller number voting in 2010. This is network news, by the way, and doesn't count local news.

http://www.stateofthemedia.org/2009/narrative_networktv_audience.php?cat=2&media=6
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 01:52:26 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2010, 02:00:56 PM by cinyc »

Here's some data. By 2008, all network news reports combined had an audience of only 22.8 million out of a country of about 300 million. I believe that something like 130 million people voted in 2008, which a substantially smaller number voting in 2010. This is network news, by the way, and doesn't count local news.

http://www.stateofthemedia.org/2009/narrative_networktv_audience.php?cat=2&media=6

Nightly network news viewership is irrelevant.  It's on once a day for half an hour.  Local news viewership is higher because it is on more frequently.  In 2008, 29% of respondents told Pew that they watched a network newscast yesterday.  52% said they watched their local newscast.   Local newscasts were still the number one source for news in 2008, according to Pew.  That's still true in 2010 - local TV is the top news source for Americans on a typical day, with 78% of Americans telling Pew they get news from a local TV station.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies