Mr. Trump runs for the White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mr. Trump runs for the White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: How would you guys rate this so far?
A: + or -

B: + or -

C: + or -

D: = or -

F

I need to quit writing TL's

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Mr. Trump runs for the White House  (Read 29127 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »

Sorry guys I was in the middle of posting the update and it posted itself somehow. Give me some time and I will finish it
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »

The 2000 Republican Convention-Day 2

After the first ballot of the Republican Convention, Senator John McCain was growing restless. "Those a--holes are trying to screw me", said McCain to his wife Cindy. "I really don't think that's going on John, it could just be a one time only thing", said Cindy. "I can promise you one thing, if this keeps up tomorrow, i'll quit and let that idiot Bush win." "John, you can't be serious." "I am, either way I'm tired of the stress, I feel awful."

The second day of the Convention opened with a speech by General Norman Schwartkopf, who endorsed Governor Bush. "I respect Mr. McCain's accomplishment's, but he has had not had any experience leading a Government. Governor Bush has, and after having known him for many years he is the most ready to become president and he has my support."

Bob Dole followed and surprisingly endorsed Senator McCain. "I have known John McCain the man for years. He is a family man and a man of his country. He will be a great leader and he has my support."

McCain-1111
Bush-879
Forbes-12

Mccain's worries have been proven. What will he do now?
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2015, 02:14:06 AM »

Woah, since college and life got in the way I totally forgot about this TL.

While so crude and full grammar and election based errors I forgot how fun it was writing this. I'm considering bringing it back just for the hell of it. Anyone game?

I will at least have more attention to detail when it comes to writing and political knowledge and I can go with it. I hope to stretch this to 2015 hopefully.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »

Woah, since college and life got in the way I totally forgot about this TL.

While so crude and full grammar and election based errors I forgot how fun it was writing this. I'm considering bringing it back just for the hell of it. Anyone game?

I will at least have more attention to detail when it comes to writing and political knowledge and I can go with it. I hope to stretch this to 2015 hopefully.
Interested. Good luck.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2015, 12:44:39 PM »

Here's some things that I hope makes since in hindsight because when I was 17 I didn't explain them the best:

-The Reform Party (since Perot got 8% in 1996,) is recognized as a national party due to his performance in 1996 are recognized on all 50 states.  They decide to have a set of primaries in 2000 to give the public a chance to legitimately consider the party and Perot does all the work from 1997-1999 to make it happen.

-Perot decides since he didn't do the best to step aside as a candidate but stay the leader of the party. He has a better grip on reality than he did in RL.  He wants to make the Reform party the third choice for Americans in every race.

-Nader is convinced to not run due to two things: 1. Trump is a billionaire and unlike Perot his more twords the center (in RL he wants a billionaire to run in '16 and he would support him/her,) and 2. Trump compromises secretly on some issues like trusts and corporate corruption. He just hasn't made it public yet.

-Bush lets Rove do everything and has no backbone here.

-Gore is Gore of course.

Besides that that is all I can think of for now. Back to the convention deadlock..
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »

2000 Republican Convention Day 3:

Tim Russert: “Katie, no matter how hard the Republicans try to shake it around they are getting into 1968 Democratic Convention territory. They haven’t nominated anyone as of yet and if this keeps up the party could be in a huge mess. With Trump around as a viable candidate it will not be a two horse race. They need to be united as possible because if not they will not get anywhere. If they stay stuck after day 4 without a nominee two things will happen: 1. A comprise candidate like in the 1800’s or 2. A disillusioned party behind an unwanted candidate if Bush gets the nomination.  Either way the Republicans are in rough shape.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newt Gingrich: John I called you here today to propose a truce. We have enough power to get you the nomination. We will give you Georgia, Florida, the Carolinas and Delaware at least but here’s what we want in play:

1.A deep tax cut for our true base, the wealthy.
2.Increased military spending.
3. Return to Reagan era polices.

In a nutshell we want in and to make all the decisions. If we decide to evade Iraq over oil we will do so and we will win. If we tell you to wear diaper you have to do so.  So what do you say John, are you in?

McCain: Is this a joke Newt? Seriously?

Gingrich: No we are dead serious. John we advise you to tread lightly here because your future relies on your decision. If you decline George Bush will defiantly say yes in fact he already has.

McCain: Newt you know me well enough by now for me not to accept this. I cannot operate as a puppet. We have some serious issues here and they need to be fixed. We need a clear and steady mind in charge. Bush as we all know is a moron and a puppet. We cannot elect him our country will go to hell in a handbasket.

Gingrch:  I know wouldn’t that be delicious? We can then fix it in 2008 just for kicks.
McCain: Have you lost your mind Newt?
Gingrich: No I’m right and you will be if you say yes. One more chance.
McCain:  ........ Hell no Newt. I will not be bought off and I’m disgusted by this.

Gingrich: Well thanks anyways, be prepared to watch your following die away.
McCain: Well the joke’s on you Newt. I have this whole conversation recorded and you cannot get to it. I suggest YOU tread lightly.
Gingrich: Alright John what do you want?
McCain: I don’t want anything I’m done this has seriously sickened me. But I do promise one thing if you, Bush, Cheney or any of those idiots do anything to insult me or my supporters this tape will go out and an avalanche will fall. No get out of here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McCain: Cindy come here.
Cindy: How did it go John?
McCain: I’m done.
Cindy: What?!
McCain: I’m done, those idiots tried to buy me off and I couldn’t take any more of it. I have it recorded to.
Cindy: Do what?
McCain: Yeah Gingrich wanted to make me a puppet for him and his cronies. They offered me everything but I can’t live that way dear. I can’t do it. Let that idiot Bush run and somehow loose. Trump isn’t so crazy after all.
Cindy: What are you saying John?
McCain: I’m considering endorsing Trump. He can get enough votes for cost that idiot the election to Gore. Then in 2004 I can return triumpthant.
Cindy: You can’t do this.
McCain: Yes I will and am. But right now I don’t feel so good.
Cindy: What’s wrong?
(McCain then pukes all over the bed and falls over.)
Cindy: JOHN!

TO BE CONTINUED....
RR1997
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2016, 07:05:51 PM »

Bump
swf541

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2016, 11:10:38 AM »

This is good
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2023, 09:45:45 PM »

The original post was made June 16, 2010 - five years to the day before Trump announced his campaign in 2015. Spooky.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies