attention-whore thread and poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:15:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  attention-whore thread and poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: read post and answer
Yes, surely

Yes, perhaps so

Meh, probably not

rofl lol no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: attention-whore thread and poll  (Read 912 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:10:40 PM »

My friend contends that the girl who wrote this comment in my yearbook likes me. What do you believe?

Below is said comment and in [square brackets] are my notes on what she meant when it's unclear. Be honest and don't say bullsh**t.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ftr, she was one of 6 students who signed my yearbook (around a third of signatories overall) who actually placed the umlaut on the e. Didn't know she knew that I had umlauts - my friend in question forgot them - but then, so did random people who don't know me that well.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:28:13 PM »

She likes you, but whether she likes you (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean), I have no clue from that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 07:35:15 PM »

Any girl that writes that much wants to bang you, yeah.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 05:24:02 AM »

It's difficult to say just with what she wrote.

If she's more a shy girl, well, sure, she likes you, as this text is pretty developed and precise and means to please you on precise and true (for what I can know...) points.

But if she's usually at ease, speakes a lot, is usually smiling, etc, well, it's just her nature and a fine way of saying positive things on people (a thing which has been lost, recently...). No special hope in that case.

Can you read other students' yearbooks ?
Didn't you see what she wrote in other student's yearbooks when you were yourself signing them ?

(Oh and of course, your pig comparison is disgusting, of course, and I must condemn it ! Wink)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 06:02:46 AM »

I'll concur with the rest.  She likes you, that's for sure...but the question is does she like you.  For that we'd need to know more.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 08:38:37 AM »

But if she's usually at ease, speakes a lot, is usually smiling, etc, well, it's just her nature and a fine way of saying positive things on people (a thing which has been lost, recently...). No special hope in that case.

That's more the case, and that's what I assume. I personally know she likes me, but probably not in the italicized manner of the word. Of course, my friend also has a shtick in saying that some other girl who I barely talk to likes me, so him being obsessed with that kind of stuff is nothing new. Honestly, there's probably a case of jealousy when he saw the girl writing this much in my yearbook given that he broke up with some girl (who was a quasi-slut and is an annoying sod) in grade 10 and his affection for another girl were crushed given that she was an hockey girl. And that he's scared to grow closer with some other girl he likes, though frankly I'd probably be in his situation as well. (Yeah, we had an hour long talk on the Facebook last week the night before the last day of classes about this stuff).

She only signed mine yesterday after an exam when the school was pretty much empty. I asked her to do it, she did it, but she didn't ask me to sign hers.

You sound like my friend Wink He claims I have 5 lovers.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 09:30:53 AM »

That's more the case, and that's what I assume. I personally know she likes me, but probably not in the italicized manner of the word. Of course, my friend also has a shtick in saying that some other girl who I barely talk to likes me, so him being obsessed with that kind of stuff is nothing new. Honestly, there's probably a case of jealousy when he saw the girl writing this much in my yearbook given that he broke up with some girl (who was a quasi-slut and is an annoying sod) in grade 10 and his affection for another girl were crushed given that she was an hockey girl. And that he's scared to grow closer with some other girl he likes, though frankly I'd probably be in his situation as well. (Yeah, we had an hour long talk on the Facebook last week the night before the last day of classes about this stuff).

She only signed mine yesterday after an exam when the school was pretty much empty. I asked her to do it, she did it, but she didn't ask me to sign hers.

Oh, you asked her to do it and she didn't ask you to.
So, frankly, no, no italicized manner, here Wink. Sorry (or not... I don't know her !).
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »

So, frankly, no, no italicized manner, here Wink. Sorry (or not... I don't know her !).

That's what I had always assumed, but I suppose that my friend being constantly reminding me of my alleged lover(s) got me wondering if he had a point.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 10:44:06 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2010, 10:57:18 AM by Força Brasil »

My friend found this page which includes a video of the girl in question, given that I'm sure certain people are curious about whether she's hot or not.

http://mmva.muchmusic.com/living-proof-why-much-contests-rule/

She's the girl in the black dress in the second video. My friend is angry at her and the other girl, who's also from the school, for winning this contest and apparently getting to go to Toronto for something. Now, of course, his parents probably think she's my girlfriend. Ugh.

and apparently she likes Justin Bieber. Ugh. I thought being IB precluded you from that.

You may now do a hot or not hot contest.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »

Incorrect, actually; I comment of that length would've been short relative to the comments from females in my yearbooks, and I sincerely doubt some 20-odd girls had a crush on me.  This is something that has changed over time; I found my mom's senior yearbook, and the comments from the guys have always been as terse ("have a good summer - greg"/"you're really cool have a good life - scott") but girls' yearbook comments seem to have increased in size exponentially.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »

Well, with a similar message it seems pretty evident she likes you in the proper sense of the word (except if she's being hypocritical, but I don't see any reason).

However, when it comes to "serious" things with girls, I'm a pathetic fail, so I can't help you about that.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »

She definitely does not want your seed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »

Perhaps.  She is flirting with you, that's for sure.  But is she a flirty girl normally?  If so, she may or may not like you.  But I'd certainly say that there's a chance.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »

I like how this is practically a 50-50 Yes/No poll. Maybe I was foolish in thinking that there'd be a clear-cut decision.

(and removing my vote, it's 7-6 for the Yes. Haha).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »

I like how this is practically a 50-50 Yes/No poll. Maybe I was foolish in thinking that there'd be a clear-cut decision.

Is she flirty in general to all guys?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »

Is she flirty in general to all guys?

Not sure, she is nice to practically everybody but she doesn't seem to have a set boyfriend and she has, ftr, acted flirtilly (new word) with me, at least imo
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies