Speed Things Up
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:01:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speed Things Up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Speed Things Up  (Read 10820 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2004, 11:23:35 PM »

Because of our recent stagnation, I am calling for a copy of our constitution to be completed and post by 3 pm Eastern Tuesday or earlier to be put up on this board for debate.
We need to move this along.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 11:29:51 PM »

Because of our recent stagnation, I am calling for a copy of our constitution to be completed and post by 3 pm Eastern Tuesday or earlier to be put up on this board for debate.

MIGODD, man! You're putting too much preasure on me....
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 11:30:37 PM »

Is that too soon?
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 11:33:20 PM »

Is that too soon?

I'll try to re-write it by 3pm Tuesday...but no promises.....the Illinois Primaries are being held that day and I gotta make sure I vote. Wink

But if it's not on the desk by Tuesday....I'll get it there by Wednesday.....At the moment....I don't have an incredible amount to change....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 11:37:31 PM »

Dan, have you read my proposal on how to rectify the population vs perminance problem for Senate districs.  If not, I ask that your look at it and give it consideration.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 11:38:31 PM »

It's in the 5 regions thread.
Demrepdan

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 12:08:51 AM »

Dan, have you read my proposal on how to rectify the population vs perminance problem for Senate districs.  If not, I ask that your look at it and give it consideration.

When I re-write the second draft of the Constitution....I will leave the region section blank....until everyone has agreed on how we will handle that for Senate elections.

But aside from the regions.....the Senate plan is as follows:

2 Senators from every Region (5 Regions of course). Senate terms are staggered....with 5 seats up for election during Presidential elections....and 5 seats up for election during mid-terms. A Senate term if 4 months. Senators simply need a majority of it's member to vote on any bill.

2/3'rds  vote is need in the case of Regional Redistribution, Amendment Ratification, and Impeachment (accompanied by a majorty vote in a public poll in those three instances). Any vacant Senate seat will be filled by the respective Regional Governor...and that Senator will face the nearest election for either re-election or retention.

That's how it will be for the Senate....and I doubt that part will change.....but again...since the regions are in dispute....I will leave that part empty for my re-write.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 12:10:12 AM »

When I re-write the second draft of the Constitution....I will leave the region section blank....until everyone has agreed on how we will handle that for Senate elections.

But aside from the regions.....the Senate plan is as follows:

2 Senators from every Region (5 Regions of course). Senate terms are staggered....with 5 seats up for election during Presidential elections....and 5 seats up for election during mid-terms. A Senate term if 4 months. Senators simply need a majority of it's member to vote on any bill.

2/3'rds  vote is need in the case of Regional Redistribution, Amendment Ratification, and Impeachment (accompanied by a majorty vote in a public poll in those three instances). Any vacant Senate seat will be filled by the respective Regional Governor...and that Senator will face the nearest election for either re-election or retention.

That's how it will be for the Senate....and I doubt that part will change.....but again...since the regions are in dispute....I will leave that part empty for my re-write.

i agree with demrepdan
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 12:12:13 AM »

Will you not even consider my proposal?Huh
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 12:12:56 AM »

Plus, we voted for five regions, not ten.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 12:13:38 AM »

Will you not even consider my proposal?Huh

what is your prospal put it in here - respond to my posts in the other thread superosulty
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 12:18:51 AM »

This is my proposal as it stands.  we have 10 regions.  Each with one Senator.  5 are perminant, 5 based on population of registered voters and adjusted every 10 month (census).

These are not the acctual maps to use but I'm only making a point

This represents distrcicts 1-5.  Each has 10 states.  These don't change.

This represents our map based of the census (registered voters)  These would be subject to change as demographics shifted.  Districts 6-10

See what I mean?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 12:22:09 AM »

kinda, too complicated, like demrepdans instead, sorry
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 12:23:50 AM »

kinda, too complicated, like demrepdans instead, sorry

I think that it would solve the problem of population vs Permenance.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 12:24:27 AM »

maybe put a out a vote on it
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 12:24:36 AM »

We would also have the effects od a House and Senate in a unicameral body.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 12:27:01 AM »

Didn't we vote for unicameralism? Smiley
Demrepdan

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 12:27:25 AM »

This is my proposal as it stands.  we have 10 regions.  Each with one Senator.  5 are perminant, 5 based on population of registered voters and adjusted every 10 month (census).

This represents our map based of the census (registered voters)  These would be subject to change as demographics shifted.  Districts 6-10

See what I mean?

You know.......I kinda like your plan....so I'm not going to knock it YET....but...yeah...I'd go for it....but depends on what others want too....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 12:28:39 AM »

See what I mean?

You know.......I kinda like your plan....so I'm not going to knock it YET....but...yeah...I'd go for it....but depends on what others want too....

Thank you.  I have the endoursment of the father of our constitution.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 12:31:11 AM »

put it too a vote... ill consider it... no promises though...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 12:32:10 AM »

(quotes Gustaf)
Bring. It. On.
Demrepdan

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2004, 12:43:38 AM »

I like Supersoulty's plan because it's like the Virginia Compromise.....or whatever it was called.....was that the name of it? Damn....I should know this being a history major....

Anyway...brief history lesson...the Virginia Plan (Virginia was a large state in population during the 1780's) wanted congress to be distributed by population and wealth.....and the New Jersey Plan (New Jersey was a small state in population during the 1780's)...thought that the Virginia Plan was unfair to small states.....and they wanted a plan where all states were represented equally. So they had a compromise...and decided to have a bicameral congress...with one house (the House of Representatives) representing population which was the plan of the Virginia Plan....and the other house (the Senate) representing each state equally which was the plan of the New Jersey Plan.

And since we have had a big dispute and numerous arguments here at the forum discussing..."should we have a Senate that represents each registered voter...or a Senate that is split up into arbitrary equal regions?"

Well....I think Supersoulty's idea is great! I think it'll work! I urge you all to think about his plan...and support it! YES YES YES!!! This can work!! In all honesty....of all the plans for regions and the Senate that have been brought before me......THIS is the one that has REALLY caught my attention!!!! It makes everyone happy!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2004, 12:46:14 AM »

I like Supersoulty's plan because it's like the Virginia Compromise.....or whatever it was called.....was that the name of it? Damn....I should know this being a history major....

Anyway...brief history lesson...the Virginia Plan (Virginia was a large state in population during the 1780's) wanted congress to be distributed by population and wealth.....and the New Jersey Plan (New Jersey was a small state in population during the 1780's)...thought that the Virginia Plan was unfair to small states.....and they wanted a plan where all states were represented equally. So they had a compromise...and decided to have a bicameral congress...with one house (the House of Representatives) representing population which was the plan of the Virginia Plan....and the other house (the Senate) representing each state equally which was the plan of the New Jersey Plan.

And since we have had a big dispute and numerous arguments here at the forum discussing..."should we have a Senate that represents each registered voter...or a Senate that is split up into arbitrary equal regions?"

Well....I think Supersoulty's idea is great! I think it'll work! I urge you all to think about his plan...and support it! YES YES YES!!! This can work!! In all honesty....of all the plans for regions and the Senate that have been brought before me......THIS is the one that has REALLY caught my attention!!!! It makes everyone happy!

Thank you so very much.
dunn

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2004, 04:14:30 AM »

The one that pushed for a constitution (and had a first draft) were the progressive (ex constitutional) party
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2004, 06:42:22 AM »

Might I be permitted to propose a re-worded draft of the present Constitution? I have already made a proposal for the rewording of the first Article - the meaning of the original has been retained, but several redundancies have been eliminated, the use of the second person ceased, and the phrases made (in my humble opinion) clearer.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies