FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:30:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11  (Read 2797 times)
ajc0918
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2010, 04:28:47 PM by ajc0918 »

http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2010/06/chamber-poll-gov-race-tightening-crist-still-with-wide-lead.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Update: More info here:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2010/06/chamber-poll-rick-scott-has-5-point-edge-on-mccollum.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+news%2Fpolitics%2Fpoliticalpulse+%28Central+Florida+Political+Pulse%29
You must be logged in to read this quote.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2010, 04:26:20 PM by ajc0918 »

And btw, in the very unlikely event that Crist gets 50% I will just off the skyway bridge.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:30:07 PM »

Go Scott. Cheesy

And I've given up on that Senate race. Crist has officially pulled a Lieberman.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:41:11 PM »

AN ELEVEN POINT LEAD?! Sad
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Angry
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »

I highly doubt that the Democrats will manage 56% of the vote in Florida this year.  What's the history of this polling firm?

Did you add 42+14 to get 56?

I don't think that's how it works...
plus Crist has high numbers of independents and probably 15% of republicans.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »

Crist will make a great senator, even if he probably will caucus with the GOP.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »

Just wondering, why does Marco Rubio has online ads attacking Meek for being a rubber stamp to the Obama agenda? Isn't the last thing he wants to do is tear down Meek?

Attacking Meek would only help Crist in the long run wouldn't it?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 03:14:39 AM »

If that Greene dude manages to win the Democratic nomination, Crist is probably golden. If he doesn't, I think things will remain up in the air.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 07:35:32 PM »

Just wondering, why does Marco Rubio has online ads attacking Meek for being a rubber stamp to the Obama agenda? Isn't the last thing he wants to do is tear down Meek?

Attacking Meek would only help Crist in the long run wouldn't it?

Online ads don't really mean anything, from what I understand. I imagine it's probably just some attempt to fire up the base or something.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 07:48:09 PM »

Did anyone else lol at the issues Floridians could choose from to care about?  Because my #1 issue is totally "Education and the Oil Spill".  They're completely related!
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 07:56:04 PM »

Fix'd.

Honestly, you prefer that neo-con Rubio over a moderate like Crist?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 07:56:29 PM »

According to our database, since Crist broke off as an Indy, 8 of the 11 polls released have Crist with the lead over Rubio.  And the other three were all Rasmussen polls.

Discuss.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 08:05:35 PM »

Fix'd.

You think Crist won't be a neocon if he gets into the Senate?
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »

Fix'd.

Well, there's no way he'll caucus with the GOP, which means he'll likely caucus as a Democrat (if not change party affiliation).

I don't see him as a neo-con.  He's definitely a political opportunist, but so are 99% of other politicians.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 08:29:58 PM »

Fix'd.

Neither of them are neocons.  Somebody really needs to bump that old BRTD thread on this.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »

I will just off the skyway bridge.

I'll pay the toll for you.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »

Fix'd.

Well, there's no way he'll caucus with the GOP, which means he'll likely caucus as a Democrat (if not change party affiliation).

I don't see him as a neo-con.  He's definitely a political opportunist, but so are 99% of other politicians.

You know I find it amuzing that the guy claiming to be the outsider fighting against the broken two party system is in fact running that way because the ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FL GOP could not trick 51% of the FL GOP into voting for him in the primary. I hope Rubio is smart enough to create that narrative, establish Crist's connections to the GOP establishment including Jim Greer in a then versus now way.

Crist is has taken great advantage of the oil spill in a state that is famously anti-Oil. Rubio needs to go after the Independents and squeeze whatever GOP voters he can from Crist. While simultaneously aiding Meek by illustrating his shifting positions on the issues (Democrats realize he is an opportunist Conservative, Republicans realize he cares more about himself then any core beleifs or values).

According to our database, since Crist broke off as an Indy, 8 of the 11 polls released have Crist with the lead over Rubio.  And the other three were all Rasmussen polls.

Discuss.

I'll take this, Rasmussen is projecting higher GOP turnout as a percentage of the total vote. Since Rubio has at least 70% to 75% of the GOP that benefits him greatly (though I still expect Rubio to be at 85% of the GOP when this is over)
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »

According to our database, since Crist broke off as an Indy, 8 of the 11 polls released have Crist with the lead over Rubio.  And the other three were all Rasmussen polls.

Discuss.

Well, the Rasmussen polls are literally all over the place. First Rubio is up by 7, then Crist is up by 4, then Rubio is up by 8, then they're tied. Also, for all of the polls Meek is polling in the 15-19 range which is pretty consistent, so I guess you might be able to consider that his floor? I'm pretty sure there are a good amount of hardline democrat voters that are going to support Meek no matter what...

A scenario that could happen is Greene and Meek get into a huge closely contested primary (could happen) and Meek narrowly wins the nomination which could disenfranchise many of the jewish voters who would have voted for Greene(he's jewish) but are upset with Meek so they might move to Crist.
Or
Greene wins and black voters get mad, protest Greene and vote for Crist, remember Crist got 18% of the black vote as governor. It's the highest percentage a republican has ever got. And he was named the first 'black' governor.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 11:52:06 PM »

And Democrats that already know Meek has no chance and plan on backing Crist might go for the weaker Greene in the primary.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 12:01:40 AM »

Greene actually sounds pretty cool by Florida standards. Didn't he make a fortune betting against the housing bubble (Aka make millions off of morons) and was once roommates with the head of a prostitution ring?

I'd vote for him for sure if I was unfortunate enough to live in that hellhole, though I'd still vote for Crist in the general.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 06:45:54 AM »

The majority of Florida voters don't quite know who Rubio or Meek is [yet].
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 06:46:48 AM »

Greene actually sounds pretty cool by Florida standards. Didn't he make a fortune betting against the housing bubble (Aka make millions off of morons) and was once roommates with the head of a prostitution ring?

Yes, and my 3rd favorite fact is that Mike Tyson was the best man at his wedding.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »

You know I find it amuzing that the guy claiming to be the outsider fighting against the broken two party system is in fact running that way because the ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FL GOP could not trick 51% of the FL GOP into voting for him in the primary. I hope Rubio is smart enough to create that narrative, establish Crist's connections to the GOP establishment including Jim Greer in a then versus now way.

Why would Rubio do that?  He's best served by letting voters forget that Crist was ever a Republican, as he needs to create the narrative that his two opponents are both liberals.  No one cares who Jim Greer was.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 04:48:53 PM »

Why would Rubio do that?  He's best served by letting voters forget that Crist was ever a Republican, as he needs to create the narrative that his two opponents are both liberals.  No one cares who Jim Greer was.

There are lots of folks who like Republicans but hate the Republican establishment. I imagine Rubio could really fire up his supporters by portraying Crist as the vanquished puppet of the evil party establishment, at least as much as he could by portraying Crist as a liberal.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies