Meg Whitman, a moderate on immigration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:16:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Meg Whitman, a moderate on immigration
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Meg Whitman, a moderate on immigration  (Read 929 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:29:41 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2010, 10:35:44 PM by Lunar »

Not even letting the dust settle on this one, are we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnlisJuYfRc

http://www.megwhitman.com/latinos
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:31:38 PM »

compare: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0510/Whitman_against_immigration.html

"NO drivers licenses, NO sanctuary cities"
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 10:33:46 PM »

Did anyone believe that someone like her actually had principles? She's in this for the power.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »

For once Libertas is completely correct. It's going to be fun watching Jerry Brown kick this bitch's ass.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:38:35 PM »

I just added this URL to the OP as it was in the ad: http://www.megwhitman.com/latinos

but wtf is up with these .pdf's and .ppt's for me to download?  Do they think Latinos love information formats that are as unwieldy and unexpected as possible?  You can't just shove a "toolkit" at a latino and expect him or her to go run to a latino meeting and throw it onto the projector.  And no, green-on-orange and dark-orange-on-orange are not the best color formats!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 07:59:59 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2010, 08:18:06 AM by Lunar »

Actually, funnily enough, I went to Jerry Brown's website and I was hit with a splash page filled with Nazi colors of stark red, black, and white on the splash page.  I thought Meg was Goebbels?

Also, because although I'm not an equal-opportunity mocker, sometimes I vaguely make said effort, what's up with all of the arrows pointing every direction on Jerry Brown's page?  Just trying to figure out what's going on feels like I'm a mouse navigating a maze.  One of the three arrows moves to a bottom left corner of my screen for a second [to my relief] and I'm literally trying to read something about banana cake, but the image flies away from me before I can even read one sentence out of five, back to more arrows in my face.

What's with the arrows Jerry Brown?

Confusing stuff*.

http://www.jerrybrown.org/

*Yes, I'm a complete ass, but an honest one, when critiquing web design for political campaigns.  It's my favorite thing to do.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:14:48 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2010, 10:17:04 AM by Holmes »

Yeah, the arrows are kinda tacky. And the site seems kinda "thin", at least on my computer screen (1366 x 768). There's a lot of empty space on the sides. And some empty space on the bottom too, due to the "latest tweets" and "recent photos" on the right side stretching the page. The colors are ok, at least they don't clash and hurt your eyes.

No "en español" button, Lunar!!

Ehh, the Palin video pisses me off, but that's what it's supposed to do. Get the  out of California, Sarah.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2010, 05:17:57 PM by Lunar »

I'm not the biggest fan in the world in letting any visitor of a campaign website ever see "latest tweets" on a homepage.  Like, you don't have your campaign commercials on TV do eighty different things, the private sector doesn't let their websites do eighty different things, so why are you trying to create a website that does eighty different things?  "Latest tweets" does nothing in terms: (1) convincing undecideds to vote for you or (2) convincing your faithful to get more involved.  F'n scrap that crap off any home page entirely imo.

Haha on the espanol part.  You won't find a website I helped design that I even like.  My favorites right now are Toomey's and Hickenlooper's.   Toomey understands that you want a giant image and an automatically playing video, but he doesn't get that I don't want crap docked on my screen [seriously, it's uncomfortable], and Hickenlooper seems to "get it" that the cliche design isn't the best as he allows his donate button to be ORANGE instead of red.  ORANGE!!  Really, I don't think 999 campaigns out of 1000 could be talked into an orange donate button.  

I keep saying it, but if I had complete creative control, I'd make my campaign website look like this, but where golf is replaced by campaign stuff: http://www.Masters.com
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »

Wow, that was a fast flip-flop. Of course the Republicans will be trying to point out how Brown had a different view on some issue in 1974 than he has today.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies