AP Poll: Plurality now supports Obamacare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:44:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AP Poll: Plurality now supports Obamacare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP Poll: Plurality now supports Obamacare  (Read 6331 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 19, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.  While I believe it is okay, and a good idea, that's rather irrelevant, what's important is what you believe [although, your dismissive way of saying "So you support tyranny?" without elaboration is kinda meh].

So, do you see the problem when we use the most extreme words to describe something that is not extreme?  Like, why not say coercion instead of tyranny?  By abusing the word tyranny and slapping that on everything which doesn't represent something that is intense, you do a disservice to actual tyranny.  

Here, lets take a glance at the definition:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

See?  Absolute?  Extreme harshness?  Tyranny which is "not of the highest form," as you call it, may actually be something else entirely!

Plenty of other words are abused too.  Pundits desire to label every militant a "terrorist" does a disservice to our ability to distinguish between those who target civilians & spread terror and those who target only our military.  Now, because people abused the word "terrorist" so much, I don't know if most Americans even know what it is anymore, which is a tragedy.  

Dammit, Lunar, when I saw this thread I thought, "I'm going to post the definition of tyranny to show that Morgan has no clue what he's talking about."  Then I get to the end and someone's already done it.

Lunar's stealing my thoughts.  Must get tinfoil hat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies