Westman Timeline Pt. I (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:51:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Westman Timeline Pt. I (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Westman Timeline Pt. I  (Read 185823 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 10, 2010, 11:56:04 AM »

I can't see Thurmond running for President in 1960, as he would have been simultaneously having to run for reelection as a Senator.  Not a good tactic at the best of times and it would have required a change in State law, as South Carolina law prohibits running for two offices simultaneously.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »

Good to see that you have people who know how to style and profile in your timeline.   However, I have to wonder about what could have cause Flair to be in Las Vegas at that time.  In 1983, the territory system hadn't yet broken down and Las Vegas was an AWA territory.  Flair wrestled for Jim Crockett Productions at that time.  So unless there are some butterflies affecting pro wrestling, it would be far likelier for the room next door to have had Hulk Hogan rather than Ric Flair.  (Altho I agree that Flair's a more appropriate choice of color commentator.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »

But I remember reading Flair's autobiography that he performed some special event in the mid 1980's in Vegas.  You know like a cross promotional appearance?

Flair was probably referring to the short-lived "Pro Wrestling USA" effort that was an attempt to counter the growing clout of McMahon's WWF, but that was 1984-85.  If Flair was in Las Vegas, it would most likely have been to defend the cross promotional NWA Heavyweight Title, but in OTL, Harley Race was the champion during the honeymoon.  Still, butterflies in when Flair had his title reigns certainly could have happened, and I said, Flair was certainly the right choice.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »

Presidential Election Season 1984:
Such crushing realities would make the GOP ticket of 1984 the worst performance for the GOP in history.

Unless the POD is earlier than 1912, the Republicans did worse in 1912 in the EV, tho not the PV.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »

OOC: An explanation of my moderation

I haven't been going over these timelines with a fine-tooth comb as while the characters so sometimes verge on the vulgar, they have been entertaining, and I'm not as worried about the kiddies coming here as I would be on more factually oriented forums (such as the main history forum itself).

However, two posts were reported, so I looked over them and applied what I consider to be my usual moderation standards.  One post I gave two points for evading the profanity/vulgarity filter twice, and one which I gave zero points since while you did evade the filter in that one also, you apparently did it to express dialect rather than vulgarity.

Yes, I know it sometimes stinks like seven-day-old sh**t to not be able to use unexpurgated profanity appropriately in fiction writing, but Dave put the filter in place and as a mod I do not consider that it is my place to second-guess the decision he made.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »

I have a question, Ernest.

If Mechaman did, for example, use f**k instead of evading filter, would that be ok?

Even though the filter just blanks that word out, since sh**t is what the filter does with excrement, I'd generally have no problem with manually doing the same sort of thing for this sort of thread. (Indeed, that's the type of f-ing edit I did when I moderated the one post.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »

I thank Mechaman for the Xmas gift of his kind words.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies