2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:10:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90
Author Topic: 2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)  (Read 177941 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »

I voted for Scott and Haley today. I have a good feeling that at least one will win.

Ya think? Tongue
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »

Dorchester is now 1/6th in and Scott is winning it 75-25. He's really beating the pants off Thurmond.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »

I voted for Scott and Haley today. I have a good feeling that at least one will win.

Haley was always a shoo-in, I mean, McMaster endorsed her, and despite his 3rd place showing, he's still a powerhouse in SC GOP politics, and Barrett only got 22% to her 49% in the first-round.

Haley could never act like she's a shoo-in, as she didn't want to depress her turn-out, but Barrett never had a chance without Haley suffering a non-fake scandal.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 07:02:18 PM »

Duncan is the conservative bloggers favorite, as far as I can tell (and probably therefore the establishment favorite).  He's also a State Rep.

Cash is more out of left field - no one expected him to get here in the first place.  He's a businessman and pro-life pastor - pretty hardcore in the movement from what his site says.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2010, 07:04:43 PM by Lunar »

Dorchester is now 1/6th in and Scott is winning it 75-25. He's really beating the pants off Thurmond.

Impressive, no?

Who would have, a year ago, thought that the son of Strom could EVER be soundly beaten by a black guy in a GOP primary SC-01, especially in a case like this where all of Scott's white opponents endorsed whats-his-face-son-of-the-racist?  If post-racial politics can profoundly show up in low-turnout GOP primaries in South Carolina, our country has a promising future indeed!

Remember, Scott only got like 31% in the first round -- not really that convincing of a showing.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 07:04:34 PM »

Most of these races are already over with, so I'll just keep wasting my time here for a while.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 07:05:27 PM »

OTOH, boy was Cal Cunningham a real fail candidate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »

Where is Thurmond and Scott from county wise.

Haley is winning Charleston and Spartanburg. She is in a strong position.

Both are from Charleston County. I know Scott is. He was the city council chairman. SC-01 is mostly CHS county anyway.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »

Impressive, no?

Who would have, a year ago, thought that the son of Strom could EVER be soundly beaten by a black guy in a GOP primary SC-01, especially in a case like this where all of Scott's white opponents endorsed whats-his-face-son-of-the-racist?  If post-racial politics can profoundly show up in low-turnout GOP primaries in South Carolina, our country has a promising future indeed!

Remember, Scott only got like 31% in the first round -- not really that convincing of a showing.

I wonder how long this sentiment lasts? Especially when the GOP starts hyping Scott as their Obama. Tongue Its like their fifth or sixth now I beleive.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »

Most of these races are already over with, so I'll just keep wasting my time here for a while.

Yeah, that's why I've already jumped to my extrapolations.  I got burned doing that for the Lincoln/Halter thread too soon, but the only surprise of the night I see at this point being a mild upset of Bridgewater in Utah by the conservative grassroots...no real impact there outside of whether the GOP gets a sewage pipe for a Senator or someone eloquent who votes the exact same.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »

MS is closed; I know you're all on the edge of your seat to see who gets to run against Bennie Thompson.

There's one precinct in from Greenville, and Gowdy won it 62-38. Poor Bob Inglis.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »

8 more precincts in Berkley Scott now is up 68-32 in Berkley County. I Think he is over 70 in three of the 6 counties.

Slight miscaluculation Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »

Really don't see how Cash wins in SC-03.  Duncan's base of Laurens hasn't shown up yet in the numbers.

EDIT:  That doesn't mean it won't be close.  Probably within 5 points.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »

Isn't it ironic that there is guy on the ballot whose name is B. Connor? lol

A Thurmond and a Connor both losing.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »

Impressive, no?

I wonder how long this sentiment lasts? Especially when the GOP starts hyping Scott as their Obama. Tongue Its like their fifth or sixth now I beleive.

If anyone is the GOP's "next Obama" it's Marco Rubio until if/when Scott primaries Graham.

J.C. Watts didn't really help the GOP address their disconnect with black voters, as far as I know.  

BUT it's a very promising sign that the three of the GOP's current minority rising stars are taking place in places that were once possibly the center for racist politics (SC & LA).
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:10 PM »

Big chunk o'Charleston, Scott still ahead by a ridiculous almost-3-1 margin.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »

Bunch of both Spartanburg and Greenville in SC-06, Inglis is getting humiliated.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:19 PM »

All of the SC races are pretty much over except for the SC-3 race.  
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:37 PM »

Impressive, no?

If anyone is the GOP's "next Obama" it's Marco Rubio until if/when Scott primaries Graham.

J.C. Watts didn't really help the GOP address their disconnect with black voters, as far as I know.  

BUT it's a very promising sign that the three of the GOP's current minority rising stars are taking place in places that were once possibly the center for racist politics (SC & LA).

I am sure Duke would love to have his favorite new Congressman defeat his favorite Senator in a primary. Cheesy
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »

What a snoozer tonight is. Hopefully Utah will be interesting (but it probably won't be).
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 07:15:03 PM »

Are you guys getting a live stream from AP or something for covering the primaries?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »

Bernie Reeves is losing 58-42 in NC-13; it hasn't been on anyone's radar but he did raise nearly a quarter million. So it will stay off the radar.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »

Big chunk o'Charleston, Scott still ahead by a ridiculous almost-3-1 margin.

Sounds like some kind of Southern dish.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »

Where are y'all getting the results from? Scvotes.org is ridiculously behind.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »

OTOH, boy was Cal Cunningham a real fail candidate.

Well, he was always a flop when the DSSC ----***SCREWED***--- him over, long before Marshall entered, by refusing to get behind him out of the slim hope that Etheridge and Shuler would reverse their previous statements that they wouldn't enter the race.  Marshall got into the race when there was a complete vacuum (besides Ken Lewis), and only then did the DSSC, very late in the game, decide, "Hey, let's get behind this young, veteran and elevate his profile, even if he doesn't win, he'll be a better candidate!"  

Of course, by then, it was long too late and Marshall has better connections statewide, having run so many times for statewide and for higher office before, and better name recognition.

Cal's only hope was getting into the race early and having the field cleared for him.  So this is, in my opinion, completely on the DSSC's shoulders for not realizing the obvious early enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies