Oh Dear :( - This could get REALLY ugly.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:50:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Oh Dear :( - This could get REALLY ugly.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oh Dear :( - This could get REALLY ugly....  (Read 7179 times)
millwx

« on: November 01, 2004, 09:41:28 PM »
« edited: November 01, 2004, 09:45:42 PM by millwx »

The 9thEDIT 6th Curcuit has just ruled to allow GOP "challengers" at poll stations.

I agree conceptually that having observers and challengers at poll stations is a required and nessesary thing for the GOP to do given history, but I really hope the folks the GOP has sent out are very diplomatic, and very well trained.

If not - this could get really ugly on a fairly large scale.
Vorlon, do you have a link for this?  They were discussing it (on MSNBC, I think) and they said it was the Ohio Supreme Court which ruled this way.  And it muddied the waters rather than clarifying anything, because the Federal court takes priority, but if and only if the Federal court ruling is based on protection against discrimination.  Otherwise, the State sets the rules for elections.  It was unclear to the panel which ruling stands and what would be allowed.  The news had just broken, so maybe they got it wrong (that it was the Ohio Supreme Court).  That's why I ask for a link if you've got one.  If not, I'll go look for one myself.  Smiley

...edit: I've found a story on Fox an it looks like you're right (but even that story is somewhat unclear).  Most other news sites, oddly, don't even have the story up yet.  But it appears that you've got it right and the MSNBC panel misunderstood it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies