If U.S. Presidents were Atlas posters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:34:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If U.S. Presidents were Atlas posters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If U.S. Presidents were Atlas posters  (Read 2458 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »

I like his platform besides segregation, but I forgot to mention it when I said it
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 03:53:32 PM »

Sorry I didn't know that.  Most of his supporters were segregationists.  I'm curious as to why I'd be JQA
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »

If I asked I'd probably get the generic "Reagan", and that's no fun, because, well, if you just see the "(R-_), someone automiatically would say Reagan. I wonder if there are any, more obscure, alternatives.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 05:35:11 PM »

None of them are a great ideological fit for you - JQA is a good example of someone who (at the time) would have been considered very socially liberal and fiscally center-left.*

*At the time, the economic "center-left" was considered "center-right," since people correctly recognized that Whiggish state intervention was beneficial to large business interests.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 08:46:23 PM »

Tmft- HW

What about me
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »

Coolidge, of course.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 09:03:59 PM »

If I asked I'd probably get the generic "Reagan", and that's no fun, because, well, if you just see the "(R-_), someone automiatically would say Reagan. I wonder if there are any, more obscure, alternatives.

Cleveland, I think.  But he's hardly obscure, having won the popular vote three times.  He was very focused, even to a fault.  Cleveland also took stalwart positions and was roundly criticized for them, but he wasn't quick to cave in to the changing whims of moral fashion.  He was progressive, honest, and religious.  Not entirely comfortable in his own skin.  And when he was 50, he married a 21-year-old trophy wife.  He was also magnanimous, appointing folks from both parties to cabinet positions.  He also appointed former confederates to the Supreme Court at a time when it was difficult to get them through confirmation.  He was generally polite, but detested formality and never shied away from a fight.  That's you, man. 
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »

Me?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »

Cleveland, I think.  But he's hardly obscure, having won the popular vote three times.  He was very focused, even to a fault.  Cleveland also took stalwart positions and was roundly criticized for them, but he wasn't quick to cave in to the changing whims of moral fashion.  He was progressive, honest, and religious.  Not entirely comfortable in his own skin.  And when he was 50, he married a 21-year-old trophy wife.  He was also magnanimous, appointing folks from both parties to cabinet positions.  He also appointed former confederates to the Supreme Court at a time when it was difficult to get them through confirmation.  He was generally polite, but detested formality and never shied away from a fight.  That's you, man. 

I'm not sure what to say about the amount of joy welling up in me every time I read this, so thanks. I enjoy being compared to a man who took a stand for his principles, didn't cave into changes in morality, and above all, had a trophy wife.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 09:06:19 PM »

Barack Obama or Jimmy Carter.
UpcomingYouthvoter
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »

I'll guess I would be John Quincy Adams.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies