Nikki Haley Declared Winner in SC Runoff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:57:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nikki Haley Declared Winner in SC Runoff
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nikki Haley Declared Winner in SC Runoff  (Read 1562 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »

NY Times just called it for Nikki Haley, although I don't think anybody else was really expecting her to lose.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:59:56 PM »

Praise! Tim Scott wins too! All my candidates fight on. I'll be able to vote GOP this November sans my boy Alvin Greene.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2010, 09:51:03 PM by August Spies »

Angry

So much for this being an "anti-establishment" year...

Sheheen it is then!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »

Angry

So much for this being an "anti-establishment" year...

Sheheen it is then!

What? In SC, Haley is as anti-establishment as you get. The alternative is the pork-barreling side of the Party who Sanford and Haley opposed and which controls the legislature.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:41:28 PM »

Praise! Tim Scott wins too! All my candidates fight on. I'll be able to vote GOP this November sans my boy Alvin Greene.

Why Alvin Greene?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »

Why Alvin Greene?

DeMint turns off a lot of Republican political junkies here on this forum, while I respect DeMint in many ways as one of the smarter politicians in the GOP, I could very much understand a protest-vote against him.

There are Democratic politicians whom I would privately not vote for in local races, should I have settled at a different address (I like all of my Reps), although still very much believing in the Democratic ideals, sometimes some GOP reps have more integrity than some Democratic Reps Smiley  I know it's hard to believe for a Republican like yourself, but occasionally it's true!
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 09:31:50 PM »

Why Alvin Greene?

DeMint turns off a lot of Republican political junkies here on this forum, while I respect DeMint in many ways as one of the smarter politicians in the GOP, I could very much understand a protest-vote against him.

There are Democratic politicians whom I would privately not vote for in local races, should I have settled at a different address (I like all of my Reps), although still very much believing in the Democratic ideals, sometimes some GOP reps have more integrity than some Democratic Reps Smiley  I know it's hard to believe for a Republican like yourself, but occasionally it's true!

Actually I can believe it. After all I am a Crist supporting 'RINO'.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 01:15:05 PM »

WHat kind of Republican is this?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »

Why Alvin Greene?

I don't actually plan on voting for him, although I may just for purely superficial reasons, but I just think the guy has been unfairly destroyed by the media and the SC Democratic Party. He seems likable enough as it is. It isn't like DeMint has anything to worry about, and he isn't one of my favorite Senators.... and that's putting it nicely.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »

One you probably would approve of. She received the endorsement of Palin, Romney, the Tea Party and Club for Growth. She's very conservative on fiscal policy but doesn't talk much about social issues unless she's called a whore or closet Muslim, both of which have gone on during the primary.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »

One you probably would approve of. She received the endorsement of Palin, Romney, the Tea Party and Club for Growth. She's very conservative on fiscal policy but doesn't talk much about social issues unless she's called a whore or closet Muslim, both of which have gone on during the primary.

You blunderer, now he will endorse Shaheen. Tongue

Why Alvin Greene?

I don't actually plan on voting for him, although I may just for purely superficial reasons, but I just think the guy has been unfairly destroyed by the media and the SC Democratic Party. He seems likable enough as it is. It isn't like DeMint has anything to worry about, and he isn't one of my favorite Senators.... and that's putting it nicely.

We will change that in 2014. Tongue

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 05:48:23 PM »

Closet Sikh, not Closet Muslim, though I'll admit, there are a fair number of South Carolinians who would be hard pressed to notice that there was a difference, and of those that do, a number of them think that they are a variety of Hindu.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »

Closet Sikh, not Closet Muslim, though I'll admit, there are a fair number of South Carolinians who would be hard pressed to notice that there was a difference, and of those that do, a number of them think that they are a variety of Hindu.

I actually have a very good friend who is Sikh and who's family houses Nikki's family when they come to Charleston - funny you mention that. Anyway, I never heard the rumors so I wasn't really aware of the accusations. He did tell me she was not happy about being forced to make ads that talked about religion...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies