I'm out!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:26:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm out!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I'm out!  (Read 2224 times)
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »

So you finally came out of the closet?

He kinda already did when he admitted he enjoyed Real Housewives of New Jersey. Tongue
it has caught a lot of peoples eye. it is better then RHOOC
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 10:07:24 PM »

So you finally came out of the closet?
He kinda already did when he admitted he enjoyed Real Housewives of New Jersey. Tongue

Haha, maybe I should reexamine my sexuality after all.  First I admit to watching a show on the gay channel of choice about middle-aged women, then I participate in a conversation in the "Hot Guys" thread, and now I inadvertently create a thread largely assumed to be my admitting to being gay.  Whoops... Tongue

I'm thinking the decisions my groin has made for me in the past disagree with my recent betrayals of heterosexuality.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »

An orifice is an orifice Fez. Our species seems to get so hung up sometimes on inconsequential stuff. Smiley

The sad thing, is that at my age, nobody cares much about such matters anymore as it pertains to me, even though I have read that I can still sire, and I act accordingly.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 10:17:21 PM »

Shame. Now I'm all alone in this room. What am I to do?
Hang in there you two! Wink

Yeah, it's a shame you guys aren't represented enough within the party.  I personally don't want to go along for the ride with a party that clearly has no interest in our values.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:31 PM »

Good job! Feel free to come out of that other closet! Wink
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 11:13:02 PM »

Ha, unfortunately I'm about 99.9% sure I'm strictly a P in the Va-G kinda guy, so don't hold your breath.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 02:08:53 AM »

The green avatar confuses me when I look at it Sad
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:58 AM »

Welcome!  Grin

Are you still a fan of Mitt Romney?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 08:07:56 AM »

Welcome!  Grin

My image of him finally changed after his comments about the healthcare bill, so nope not anymore.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »

Welcome!  Grin

My image of him finally changed after his comments about the healthcare bill, so nope not anymore.

Which comments, if I can ask.  I honestly didn't pay much attention to what he said.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »

Ha, unfortunately I'm about 99.9% sure I'm strictly a P in the Va-G kinda guy, so don't hold your breath.

Well yes, using such vulgar epithets would rather suggest so Grin

It's good to know you've jumped ship before you became forever tainted by the teabaggers Shocked
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2010, 04:50:08 PM by fezzyfestoon »

Welcome!  Grin

Which comments, if I can ask.  I honestly didn't pay much attention to what he said.

He said it was nothing like his program and tried to make his out to be something it wasn't.  That was one of the biggest reasons I supported him, for his healthcare overhaul.  But that's not what the loonies in the party want to hear, and all he's interested in is manipulating his record to make it sound as conservative as possible.  It was always an annoying aspect of his candidacy that I could overlook as long as he kept governing by sense.  As time went by he just became more and more about politics and I hate that.  I saw him in a similar way I saw Howard Dean, as the kind of executive who didn't do things because he "should" but because it's what needed to be done for the best of whatever he was running.  Dean owned it, Romney tried to pretend he was a conservative demagogue.

Anyway, he said things like Obama's plan is "a big government takeover of health care" while his extremely similar system is the "ultimate conservative plan".  What he said, like that the whole issue should be state by state I agree with, but his whole dismissive attitude towards his own approach that I admired so much turned me off big time.  It's more of the negative partisan politics I hate the Republican Party for.  Instead of saying something like "I would have liked to see states adopt my plan rather than the federal government, but hopefully the plan will further improve upon what I had done" he stood entirely in the negative, contrarian position for political positioning purposes.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 04:53:10 PM »

The last political donation I made was to a democrat, who defeated the incumbent Republican by 29% (county race).
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 05:00:31 PM »

Congratulations, Fez. Welcome to the happy medium. Cheesy
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »

Enjoy the fresh air, fezzy!!  I really wish I could register Indy, but Oklahoma looks down on indies.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »

Enjoy the fresh air, fezzy!!  I really wish I could register Indy, but Oklahoma looks down on indies.

Do you actually change your registration every time you change your avatar?  I know I don't.

Shilly
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »

Great! I can't wait to get you confused with Verily Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »

Do you actually change your registration every time you change your avatar?  I know I don't.

If he didn't change his registration to match his avatar, he would be lying.

Congratulations on being born again, Fezzy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 02:40:31 AM »

Well yes, using such vulgar epithets would rather suggest so Grin

It's good to know you've jumped ship before you became forever tainted by the teabaggers Shocked

The odd thing is the Tea Party is the last chance for moderate Republicanism atleast on social issues because for the most part its pushed abortion, gays etc to bottom of the list of concerns. But if you can't satisfy at least one leg of the three legged stool completely or near completely, you really are out of luck in the GOP. In Fezzy's case the closest he came was on fiscal issues but supporting Health care is a big mark against him in the eyes of the last group of the Republicans he could possibly fit into. The odd thing is I agree with Fezzy to an extent on healthcare as far as Romney and MA went but there was no way that GOP was not going to rally itself against whatever Healthcare plan Obama put forth. Also, the rhetoric of opposition may seem distastefull at times but it is nothing new to American politics which is built on one side coming up with something and the other side screaming "Hell no" at it. So I disagree on him faulting Romney for using such rhetoric. The opposition party will rally in opposition to actions and measures that the incumbent party makes especially one as divisive as health care. I frankly prefer such a system as the worst thing possible would be to give one party everything it wants without a fight and fierce debate.

I hope that Fezzy can find peace with himself as an independent. I wish there were some way the GOP could have maintained a place for him in the party and its unfortunate that such a great FF is leaving the party.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »

The odd thing is the Tea Party is the last chance for moderate Republicanism

wtflol
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »

wtflol

Perhaps the better phrasing would have been "provide them a chance".

It also depends on how one views the Tea Party movement in general. I see them as being similar to the Perot voters of the 1990s, whereas you see them more in the line of Lyndon LaRouche's crazies.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »

You could look at it like that.  However, my registration still says Democrat, but my heart says Independent-Republican.  We are entering the period that I cannot change my political affiliation (July 1-September 1) in an even-numbered year.  Then, if I change it in September, I run the risk of not being able to vote at all in November, so I will wait until after the first of the year to change.  Of course, if any of you remember, I went through this debate with myself a few months ago and I ended up staying Democratic.  Let's just say that I am trying to find the party I best identify with.  I hate the indy rules in Oklahoma.  They SUCK!!
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 11:33:57 PM »

wtflol

Perhaps the better phrasing would have been "provide them a chance".

It also depends on how one views the Tea Party movement in general. I see them as being similar to the Perot voters of the 1990s, whereas you see them more in the line of Lyndon LaRouche's crazies.

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'moderate.' If by moderate you mean beltway centrists/opportunists like Scott Brown I think that ship is starting to sail. Although I have to admit at this point the Tea Parties are bordering on becoming irrelevant and that's coming from someone that works with them. We need to drastically change our tactics and who we associate with.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 11:35:14 PM »

You could look at it like that.  However, my registration still says Democrat, but my heart says Independent-Republican.  We are entering the period that I cannot change my political affiliation (July 1-September 1) in an even-numbered year.  Then, if I change it in September, I run the risk of not being able to vote at all in November, so I will wait until after the first of the year to change.  Of course, if any of you remember, I went through this debate with myself a few months ago and I ended up staying Democratic.  Let's just say that I am trying to find the party I best identify with.  I hate the indy rules in Oklahoma.  They SUCK!!

What's with Oklahomans and their rigid scheduling system?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »

What's with Oklahomans and their rigid scheduling system?

What else is there to do in Oklahoma?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies