General Senatorial Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:40:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  General Senatorial Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Senatorial Discussion  (Read 27086 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 11, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »

One, I'd like to give accolades to Libertas; over the past month I've been genuinely surprised by the dedication he's given this office, his ability to work with other Senators, and the new and innovative ideas he brings forth to discussion. I hope Libertas does not take this as an insult, but he has definitely shown much more zeal for this office than I was expecting of him. Smiley

Libertas' robust questioning of the Cabinet nominees was welcomed and I appreciate his decision to vote in favor of their confirmations.

I look forward to a strong working relationship between the Senate and my administration and I do urge each of you to shoot me a PM every so often to rip me a new one on something or other. I find one-on-one discussions to be of special value in this game, especially in private, beyond the lights of public posturing.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »

Where the hell is everyone?

BK, could you please put the ConCon resolution in Slot 6 or 7 once one of them is empty? Much obliged.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »

Any chance I could get a confirmation hearing?

I think I'm moving too quickly for Atlasia. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »

Ahh, I knew things couldn't have stayed that quiet while I was away. Glad to see things remained lively.

For the record, I have in the past and continue to support a single slot on the Senate floor to be used for executive initiatives. Apparently this has become a more controversial topic than it was when I initially floated the idea, but it will ultimately be up to the Senate whether such a provision is included in the OSPR.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies