General Senatorial Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  General Senatorial Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Senatorial Discussion  (Read 27093 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: July 11, 2010, 12:24:35 AM »

A couple of things.

One, I'd like to give accolades to Libertas; over the past month I've been genuinely surprised by the dedication he's given this office, his ability to work with other Senators, and the new and innovative ideas he brings forth to discussion. I hope Libertas does not take this as an insult, but he has definitely shown much more zeal for this office than I was expecting of him. Smiley

Why thank you. I try.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 05:59:08 PM »

I've put the last of the President's legislative agenda on the floor. Note that I haven't done anything with the Keystone Shrill Act because I think it's stupid. If someone else wants to sponsor it, be my guest, but otherwise we're done with the PS/MB stuff.

Hopefully someday we make it so the President and VP can introduce things on their own, independently of some Senator making arbitrary changes off the bat or ignoring certain pieces of legislation.

Does the separation of powers mean anything to you? I have been nothing but kind towards your agenda, personally sponsoring it and working to quickly shepard it through the Senate, even introducing things I personally opposed. If you're so riled up about "some Senator" messing up your legislation, I think you miss the point of the Senate entirely.

I think the Senate better be on guard now that the cat's out of the bag about Vice President Marokai's desire to violate the separation of powers and endow the executive branch with legislative powers.

He's lucky BK has introduced his legislation at all; the executive branch has no right whatsoever to bully the legislature into even considering their agenda.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »

I've put the last of the President's legislative agenda on the floor. Note that I haven't done anything with the Keystone Shrill Act because I think it's stupid. If someone else wants to sponsor it, be my guest, but otherwise we're done with the PS/MB stuff.

Hopefully someday we make it so the President and VP can introduce things on their own, independently of some Senator making arbitrary changes off the bat or ignoring certain pieces of legislation.

Does the separation of powers mean anything to you? I have been nothing but kind towards your agenda, personally sponsoring it and working to quickly shepard it through the Senate, even introducing things I personally opposed. If you're so riled up about "some Senator" messing up your legislation, I think you miss the point of the Senate entirely.

I think the Senate better be on guard now that the cat's out of the bag about Vice President Marokai's desire to violate the separation of powers and endow the executive branch with legislative powers.

He's lucky BK has introduced his legislation at all; the executive branch has no right whatsoever to bully the legislature into even considering their agenda.

'Cat's out of the bag'? You better try harder to spin up your outrage machine, Libertas, because I brainstormed about the executive being able to introduce legislation on their own during the campaign.

I don't care what you did during the campaign. I will fight any attempt to usurp legislative power on the part of the executive branch.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:09:43 PM »

Wow. That was even worse pwnage of Libertas than usual. Tongue

(Though I still oppose the letting the bills be introduced directly by the executive).

There was no "pwnage". Marokai was on my ignore list for months and I didn't/don't give a damn about what he "campaigned" on. I will not sit back while this authoritarian Vice President attempts to usurp more and more power for himself.

Btw, you got some brown on your nose.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 03:21:54 PM »

I have no ability to "usurp power," Libertas. All I came into power to do was to find ways to maturely discuss the issue of improving existing positions and making changes to the game when possible to improve the game without breaking it.

I discussed the issue of the Vice Presidency and to a lesser extent the President, needing some game improvements to "rebalance" their positions a bit, but I always had them calmly and intelligently with others. I find it a little sad that, instead of let anything get a fair shake through reasoned discussion, you try to manufacture controversy and scandal, and scream bloody murder, to distract everyone from the calm efforts and reasoning to make sure that nothing can change.

I'm fine if you oppose what I brainstorm about, it's what the game is all about, but what I would appreciate is being reasonable and mature about it and for you to act like an adult. In the last two months+ I have discussed possible changes that could be made to improve executive positions, and you have been the first one to have a cow. Everyone else calmly agrees or disagrees up to this point. No one made this a big issue because they're not 4.

So please, I'd like to discuss these game reform issues maturely, and if you can't do that, don't just try to pointlessly cause trouble.

The "first one to have a cow"? lol

There is no "reasonable discussion" to be had over your desire to run roughshod over the constitutional separation of powers. This is not your personal fiefdom.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »

This is a political simulation game on an internet forum. Get a grip.

Lol, irony.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies