How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:52:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 124850 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: June 23, 2010, 07:47:17 PM »

Currently trying to figure out what "infraction points" mean now with the current system for y'all!  Put an inquiry in to Dave.

It seems like we've stretched out the system like 5-10 fold, and I have no idea how infractions given before we could rate things on a 1-10 scale fit in with what's currently going down, they probably either count as 0 or 1 but I'm not sure!*

Rest assured, as soon as I know how the current system even works [as I said in the other thread, I hadn't even realized that Dave had changed our profiles so we could see this], I'll post some thread publicly in the Alas forum supposing Dave doesn't do so first.

So I'm not sure what that last statistic even means!

*Edit, I'm thinking 0 upon further reflection
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »

Reported Posts:     128
Moderated Posts:    56
Infraction Points:    0

Yeah, that pretty much confirms that all posts that received infractions prior to like two-three days ago currently count as 0 infraction points.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:50:30 PM »

Do infraction points expire after a time or are they permanent?

I just asked the same question of Dave 15 minutes ago Smiley

I'm of the strong opinion they should expire.  No poster who receives three infractions a year should ever see a warning of any kind.

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »

Where do I go to find this information in my profile?   

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »

You might notice that over half of Libby's reported posts haven't been acted on.

I'd love to see Rochambeau's stats.

I think the stats show pretty clear that there are people who obsessively over-report my posts in the hopes that something will stick.

Actually, it could hypothetically show both that we aren't out to get you at all costs, and that your posts are over-reported Smiley  

As I said earlier in this thread, everyone will have a "0" under infraction points unless you've done something like in the last 48 hours.  I expect that to be ignored.

I'm 8-0 fwiw.  Around two-three reports from before I was a moderator, with no infractions, and any of the remaining ones that I'm aware of were either jokes or things I'm unaware of...and I read 95% of what goes through the moderation board, can't seem to recall all 5-6 remainders atm.  Shows how deadly serious every "point" is [read: not at all].
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »

Reported: 1

Other two: Zero.

I don't know the post, but I have a good idea of what it was.

I know exactly what it was, could I ask what you think it was?  I'll tell you after you guess because it involves me Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »

I have no idea. Nobody bothers to tell me these things. Sad

Torie!!  This thread is about a new feature Dave just installed.  It's on your profile
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

Reported: 1

Other two: Zero.

I don't know the post, but I have a good idea of what it was.

I know exactly what it was, could I ask what you think it was?  I'll tell you after you guess because it involves me Smiley
Should I PM you or say it right here?

Whatever.  I ended up both reporting it and giving it 0 points*, I was just curious. 

*Another sign that reports are deadly serious
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »

Torie, Hamilton was the one that reported you Smiley  So yes, a SOB

The thread relating to presidents and white suprmemacy.

Nope, it was the one saying you supported a "Holocaust" for politicians in a Lieberman thread.  I reported it just as a "wtf" thing [I sometimes do this on my mobile phone to flag things for later comment & then think about them later].
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 08:54:19 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2010, 09:04:37 PM by Lunar »

What kind of a phone do you have? It's one of the Android phones, IIRC?

Aye, good memory.  I feel like a tool whenever I write about doing something on my "Droid" so I'm forced to say "phone" or "mobile phone." When I get off work I have to walk many avenues on my way to the subway, and from the subway home, so it's sometimes my first window of opportunity to evaluate reports etc.  Other times my phone buzzes to let me know I have a new report, and if the post in question seems outlandish and is reported by someone who rarely reports infractions or I otherwise very much trust, it'll make more sense to delete & then read the whole thread later when I have the time than to ignore something which looks to be an attack/whatevsky sit there for five hours and pick up steam and derail a thread.  It's a source of some of my mistakes, and a reason why I encourage people to reasonably challenge any of my infractions they disagree with.

In general, I don't contemplate for THAT long about anything I do, so I end up not giving infractions in cases where I probably should have as well as the opposite.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »

Reported Posts: 57
Moderated Posts: 42
Infraction Points: 0

Hahaha I'm a wild man hahaha

That's a pretty high ratio, I think, actually
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 09:40:24 PM »

Sorry, that was 3 infractions: forgot the one from officepark.

You're a borderline-deficient sack of *#&@ who doesn't know 2 from 3.

How does someone like that get to become moderator anyway?  Someone who can't tell the difference between this:

and this

CLEARLY USELESS
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »

I think I have the lowest ratio. Clearly people are out to get me.

No I do, 0/1 = 0.  Tongue

my 0/8 = maybe less than you depending on which parallel universe we're in
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 10:19:51 PM »

Reported Posts:   1
Moderated Posts:   0
Infraction Points:   0

whoo hoo! someone reported one of my posts!

I wonder which one?

Maybe it was the one when you said that the forum was giving you nightmares about going to jail.

Not certain how that'd be report worthy Tongue I have nightmares about all sorts of strange things.

I think it had to do with this post being misinterpreted by The Man six months ago:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=108250.msg2302213#msg2302213
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2010, 09:26:08 PM by Lunar »

Reported Posts:   28
Moderated Posts:   11
Infraction Points:   7

This also brings me to another point:
I talked to Kalwejt and it seems that in the past few days he's been hit by like a wave of moderated posts........FROM LIKE ALMOST 7 GODDAMN MONTHS AGO.  

That shouldn't be happening, and if it does to anyone, contact the moderator involved.  Considering that infractions themselves expire after 3 months, it would be improper for any moderator to count those, but we can make mistakes.  Those infractions would be very likely to be rescinded.

But, again, the only person I can remember going through another poster's history and reporting 3+ month old posts is, ironically enough, Kalwejt...

I don't know what he's talking about, as I went through every REPORT against him in June, not even counting infractions [I think - may have missed one or two], for the entire month of June, and I didn't see one that wasn't for a post of his in the month of June, let alone from 2009 as you imply...so I just don' see the "wave" that you're talking about.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 09:26:48 AM »

Of course now Libertas is getting infraction points for saying "you lose", that's a different kind of bitchiness....

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »

Reported Posts: 3
Moderated Posts: 1
Infraction Points: 0

YOU had a post moderated?  Lol.  Now I know the system is bugga.

I looked it up and CARL, of all people, reported him saying 'Beau's stupidity has taken him to a knew level, and that fascist Alcon deleted it.

Back in February
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 10:06:59 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2010, 10:09:00 AM by Lunar »

2 reported, 0 moderated. "Interesting."

One was Hammy reporting you for "Trolling" and one case of reported profanity in my board where I fixed your post but didn't have the heart to actually dish out an infraction.

In general I won't say who reported who, except in really weird cases of posters who aren't really here or are banned Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 10:23:21 AM »

It rhymes with "hero"
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »

1 Reported Post (I wonder which?)

You don't know?  It was a really recent one -- your atheism thread being reported as off-topic and the moderator disagreeing.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »

I couldn't find Mikado's report in  my search, but I did find this unsuccessful  one against yours truly, haha, I forgot about that.  This is why I have 8 reports!

character defamation

No.  I could, but it's a policy of mine not to meet people I meet online.  Sorry, Meeker.

I'm pretty sure Meeker is a rapist anyway, and not in the good sense of the word
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »

I have no idea. I think I may have taken one hit when I called Hoffman a dumb son of a bitch, but that's about it.

Yeah the entire point of this thread is that your profile now contains that info!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »

No, I know that one Micky M., I meant the one where you got an  infraction.

Is it possible to find which of my posts were reported, but not acted on?

Y'all are paranoid enough already, nope!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 06:56:18 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2010, 07:06:06 PM by Lunar »

Fezzy, it's certainly not against the rules.  It's important to remember that all infractions prior to Monday earlier this week no longer "count" too.  I'm hoping we get a more rational & reasonable system going forward, although I'm worried that posters are going to trip out about insignificant judgments calls we make that don't actually impact the trajectory a poster is on.  Really, at any given time, there are only one to three posters at serious risk for mod review, and only one poster at risk for banning ... and it really isn't a surprise who those people are.  The idea that any poster who's been established here for years is secretly at risk for a poke in the thigh, let alone mod review, is kind of laughable ... I mean, I think we have one or two moderators who would get mod review before Mechaman or Opebo do [despite their claims].

I'm thinking we should have done things as fractions instead of expanding the "points" people get, to avoid alarm.  Because, like, "two points" sounds awfully bad, but it's actually the second least amount we can give.  I'd have preferred the system give like "0.1" points instead of "1 point" just so people can keep things in perspective.

How do punishments work even? Is a certain number of infraction points necessary for being put on mod review or being banned from the forum or something?

Yeah, something like that, the numbers haven't actually been created.  So, I think you can get ten thousand points and nothing will happen automatically [yet].  There will be an announcement in Dave's thread on the Atlas Board when something is actually developed.

I'm really not sure what the ideal amounts should be, now that two reports of invasive privacy attacks or harassment can get you 20 points, the same amount as 20 minor ones.

If you have any input on this, by the way, use Dave's thread on the Atlas Board.  I think he's very likely to read it and, regardless, I promise me & other mods will, and I will take good ideas and advocate for them.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 07:35:03 AM »

I got 6 reported for when I made 'personal attacks' and one for spam. Just because I posted an image into response to something. To be honest, I deserved all but the spam one.

In the future, feel free to contact moderators about ones don't understand -- we'll either be able to explain it or rescind it supposing you're polite and whatot Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies