How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:57:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 125159 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 23, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »

I have no idea. Nobody bothers to tell me these things. Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 08:28:10 PM »

Reported Posts:     1
Moderated Posts:    0
Infraction Points:    0

So who was the SOB who had the temerity to report one of my posts?  I want to damage his derriere. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »

I thought Hammy like me.  Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:41:49 PM »

How do you know?  Just asking.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 09:02:24 PM »

Reported Posts:     0
Moderated Posts:   0
Infraction Points:    0

Ah a virgin!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »

I think I have the lowest ratio. Clearly people are out to get me.

No I do, 0/1 = 0.  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »

I think I have the lowest ratio. Clearly people are out to get me.

No I do, 0/1 = 0.  Tongue

my 0/8 = maybe less than you depending on which parallel universe we're in

I just have to ask this. Where the 8 reports prior to you becoming a mod or after? If after, well then ... Tongue

Actually Lunar, I have never seen a post of yours (and that seems like zillions and zillions) that was remotely "reportable."  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 11:13:50 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2010, 10:20:22 AM by Torie »

Reported Posts:     0
Moderated Posts:    0
Infraction Points:    0

I'm a little surprised.  I would think that Torie would report half of my posts. Smiley

I have a policy of not reporting any posts, ever, but Ronnie you just don't have the killer instinct in you anyway, so you are just not reportable material in any event.  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 07:03:12 PM »

We now have a handy list of who the posters with the top 10 infraction points are.  Libertas isn't on that list, though my fellow moderator Sam Spade is.  I can't help but feel that's somewhat wrong, but oh well.

So somehow my count went from 4,1,0 to 5,0,0. 

Sam hasn't been posting much lately. Maybe you all in the cave have made him afraid. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »

Fewer than I deserve no doubt. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:34:46 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2010, 10:37:06 PM by Torie »

Folks, you know, one can lead a happy life never using the report button. Really. There are other ways to handle conflicts.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 12:50:51 AM »

FWIW, I inquired about that on my own recognizance, and was satisfied by the answer that it was appropriate. Not that my opinion should particularly matter, because it should not.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 01:03:49 AM »

FWIW, I inquired about that on my own recognizance, and was satisfied by the answer that it was appropriate. Not that my opinion should particularly matter, because it should not.

And the answer was? And why was William Sergeant canned?

As to Derek, I suggest you do what I did, and inquire by PM to the appropriate mods. I am not going to repeat a private PM. I am confident however, that you will obtain a response, and then form your own opinion. I did not inquire about Mr. Sergeant. He really did not hit my radar screen, before his sudden demise. I suggest you inquire about that in the same way. Just my suggestion.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2010, 10:31:50 PM by Torie »

I wonder how many posts have been generated on the infraction points issue? Have we hit a thousand yet? I suspect due to my lack of self control, I have added at least ten to the cesspool. Sad

I might add, that almost none of us have anything to worry about on this infraction point business, even if we catch a few, perhaps unfairly. So why sweat it? I don't worry about it at all. I just bowdlerize my language (annoying isn't it?), because Dave has a good reason for not wanting it, and try to be a basically decent person (I don't always succeed, but I try). It is not hard.

PS: I put a linkie to the definition of "bowdlerize," because I consider it one of the gleaming toy words of the English language, and you all should add it to your vocabulary, if you don't know the word already. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »

I can't seem to manage to get an infraction point, despite my request that I rack up a couple, just to de-fang all this silliness once and for all. I am enough of an egomaniac, to think that if I can rack them up, then it will be made crystal clear that it is not a scarlet letter kind of thing. We all know who the real problems, or were, and who are not. And almost all of us are not "real problems" at all. That is one reason why this forum is special. Plus we have enough good role models, that i think  it helps truncate what might otherwise be incipient problems. Just my take on matters.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 03:38:13 PM »

I think the mods have me on "ignore."  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »

lulz.  Piss one or more of your colleagues off?  I'm confident I laughed at all 11 moderated posts. Wink

How many points do you have Grumps? I think you have been swearing a bit haven't you lately?  Tongue

The trick of course is to call someone a dumb ass in a manner that 1) they don't know they are being dissed, and 2) if a mod shows up, well, they might miss it too, or admire the subtle fist in the velvet glove action.  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »

How many points do you have Grumps? I think you have been swearing a bit haven't you lately?  Tongue

Reported Posts: 25
Moderated Posts: 3
Infraction Points: 2

These young fellas are far too kind.  I got 1 death point from Lunar for something I said to CARL, and one  from Inks for an F bomb (both well deserved), and Gustaf was very kind to not death point me for calling Joe Republic an ass (which was factually true at the time I called him one Wink )

Again, kind, young, men.  Wink

Ah yes, CARL, bless him. I wonder if he got any death points for all the wet kisses he blew my way. I certainly hope not! And Joe can be kind of an ass sometimes, so you were being just accurate. Man, he let CARL get under his skin didn't he, and just lashed him into a pulp - time and again. It was kind of cruel really. If he wants to do that, he should pick a fair fight, and that one wasn't fair. But I like Joe anyway. Heck, I can be an ass. and us asses need to hang together. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »

Jmf is just another example of a situation when veteran posters have easy way, when it comes to moderating. Imagine him as newbie now. How long would he last? A week perhaps?

I am not sure I agree that the mods are harder on newbies. In fact, I think I disagree. If I were a mod, I would be harder on longer term posters; they should know better.

But the reality is, is that no matter how fair that you try to be, you are probably going to end up giving higher value added posters a bit more slack, than those with low value added. And while that might not be "fair," that's life, and it's time to learn that lesson. JMO.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »

You get any infraction points lately Grumps? Just asking - because I read almost all of your posts!  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 07:07:42 PM »

2-0-0.  I racked up another report in the past 6 months I guess. I wonder who I offended this time, to go this "extreme" measure. I guess I will never know. Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 12:16:34 PM »

I'm still at all zeros.  What the hell?  I suppose my posts are too boring.  I have to start calling people names, I guess.

Nah, we just both have the mods wrapped around our little finger, and they let us run wild without constraint.  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 11:02:18 AM »

Nah, we just both have the mods wrapped around our little finger, and they let us run wild without constraint.  Tongue

*fighting down temptation to report this post as "excessive hyperbole"*

Entirely justified of course. Go for it!  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »

So jmfcst got hit with two 10-pointers in a few minutes?

Mr. Moderate is not his friend right now

nah, that was just his way of giving me a 20 gun salute during my medal presentation ceremony.

Is it possible that I could see one of the "homophobic trolling" posts that got 10 death points?  This arouses my curiosity. Is it possible to be against gay rights and not get death points?  I assume that it still is, but just where is the line that defines the pale that one must not cross?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2012, 11:16:02 AM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

So jmfcst got hit with two 10-pointers in a few minutes?

Mr. Moderate is not his friend right now

nah, that was just his way of giving me a 20 gun salute during my medal presentation ceremony.

Is it possible that I could see one of the "homophobic trolling" posts that got 10 death points?  This arouses my curiosity. Is it possible to be against gay rights and not get death points?  I assume that it still is, but just where is the line that defines the pale that one must not cross?
I assume one of them was the one where he said that allowing gay marriage in churches would lead to bestiality.

Assuming as I do that jmfcst is not a terminal dumb, that seems more in the nature of an "epic fail" at humor. Assuming for the sake of argument, that he was serious, then I suppose the point is that when you say something outrageous, it behooves one to lay out one's case step by step (yes, in this case, the case is ludicrous, but whatever), rather than just do a hit and run. Make sense, or am I just drowning here in my own confusion?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies