How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:31:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 125194 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: October 18, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »

0/0/0. Ever? And here I was thinking I was occasionally risque.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 05:42:17 AM »

Still 0-0-0. Which still somewhat surprises me.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »

0-0-0
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 01:54:16 AM »

At my confirmation retreat, an actually legitimately cool youth pastor (In hindsight I realize he was very possibly a stoner, at the least he wasn't above underage drinking/providing minors with alcohol) gave a talk and at one point used an analogy of you walking through the streets, finding a very cool and expensive car with the doors unlocked and the keys remarkably inside, getting inside for just a joyride, then ending up crashing and wrecking it, and getting busted and thrown in jail. Then while sitting there thinking of what's up ahead someone unlocks the door and lets you out. It's the owner of the car. And he says that he's going to serve all of your sentence and cover all the damages. You don't have to do anything, you are free. And then explained that's what Jesus did for us.

I think the 0/0/0 people bring up a good example. Imagine you did a drunken trolling spree or whatever one night, and then woke up with almost 100 death points and on mod review. But then a poster who had never ever trolled, never said anything offensive and never accumulated a single death point announced that you had a clean slate and he has taken all your death points and consequences. That's what Jesus has done for you.

The key is knowing where the boundary is.

I am happy to admire the car - I know that's fine, it's appropriate, s'all good.

I am happy to touch the car - maybe it's not appropriate, but nobody is really going to mind.

Sometimes I might even sit in the car - sure it's not completely accepted, but it's not doing harm.

Once in a while, I'll turn the engine on - it can feel good to hear the engine thrumming, and it can be exhilarating to do something forbidden.

But that's where I draw the line. What kind of prick 'just takes the car for a spin'? And not only does so, but does so badly enough to crash? If you're going to drive the car, make sure you've got the skills to get away with it.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »

Who he supplied with beer at a youth camp. Classy guy.

I didn't get sidetracked by the analogy, by the way, I used it to explain the realities of the situations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies