How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:50:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 124867 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: June 23, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »

Reported Posts:     128
Moderated Posts:    56
Infraction Points:    0
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »

Currently trying to figure out what "infraction points" mean now with the current system for y'all!  Put an inquiry in to Dave.

It seems like we've stretched out the system like 5-10 fold, and I have no idea how infractions given before we could rate things on a 1-10 scale fit in with what's currently going down, they probably either count as 0 or 1 but I'm not sure!*

Rest assured, as soon as I know how the current system even works [as I said in the other thread, I hadn't even realized that Dave had changed our profiles so we could see this], I'll post some thread publicly in the Alas forum supposing Dave doesn't do so first.

So I'm not sure what that last statistic even means!

*Edit, I'm thinking 0 upon further reflection

Do infraction points expire after a time or are they permanent?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »

You might notice that over half of Libby's reported posts haven't been acted on.

I'd love to see Rochambeau's stats.

I think the stats show pretty clear that there are people who obsessively over-report my posts in the hopes that something will stick.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »

Torie, Hamilton was the one that reported you Smiley  So yes, a SOB

The thread relating to presidents and white suprmemacy.

Nope, it was the one saying you supported a "Holocaust" for politicians in a Lieberman thread.  I reported it just as a "wtf" thing [I sometimes do this on my mobile phone to flag things for later comment & then think about them later].

What kind of a phone do you have? It's one of the Android phones, IIRC?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:39:23 AM »

Ooh, got another! Cheesy

Reported Posts:     129
Moderated Posts:    56
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:30:05 AM »

It should be pretty easy for a lot of us to figure out who reported our posts from now on if you check your stats on a daily basis. For instance, when I made a post this morning in this thread correcting which of my posts had been moderated I had six reported posts. Since that time I've made only one new post which was about Libertas' fetish of Rand Paul. Lo and behold, I now have seven reported posts! Who could've reported that post?!?

As if the rudeness weren't enough, now you're throwing around false accusations, Meek?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 06:46:07 PM »

Ah, two more in the meantime...

Reported Posts:     131
Moderated Posts:    53

Wonder who's responsible?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »

Two more reports, right, not moderated posts?  Too lazy to look up the previous number.

edit: It seems like you have had three reports recently, one where the moderated deleted the post but didn't give any "points," and two where the moderators involved haven't made a decision, but I'd be personally rather surprised if they were anything but "no infraction."  So it should be +3?

My moderated posts were lame.

One deleted in the cinyc opinion thread. And one edited because I was impersonating Alcon.

Alas, such is the case for our normal posters, that some quick judgment calls we made, which never had much of a chance of getting to light [a "warning"] with the previous system, get viewed with such seriousness.

Anyway, as I've said a lot, going forward, y'all should feel free to politely contact a moderator if you feel any of those judgment calls were too silly, and we'll review it and rescind/justify it.

WTF, now we're having posts deleted for expressing "inappropriate" political views?

(Not directed at you, just a general concern)
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »

There's no policy of deletion for political views [obviously].  Just because something was marked "inappropriate" doesn't mean it was a political decision, fwiw [and it was marked with infinitely less points than calling someone a "moron" would get, that is to say, 0].  

But, as I haven't taken the time to form an opinion on the post, I wouldn't want to speak too much about it or ramble too much.

Shrug.

Well apparently implying that the CIA and Mossad are terrorist groups was considered "Inappropriate" enough for a moderator to delete my post, despite the fact that their acts of terror are becoming increasingly well-known.

Seriously, what kind of juvenile would even report that post? As far as I can see, we've officially crossed the threshold into censoring political speech on a political forum.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 02:26:10 PM »

I often made a habit of browsing your recent posts and reporting anything that might muster a violation (Wasn't hard considering you usually had at least one on the front page, which is only 15 posts). Complaining about this is rather hypocritical after you and your hero Hamilton reported posts of anyone Hamilton hated for stuff like using the word "retarded". I can say though that I did get a good number of your posts deleted for the style of "debating" which consisted of nothing but "You are wrong and I am right." which was essentially trolling so the mods clearly don't disagree. And that's exactly what you did in that thread.

Mind you, I have a far lower ratio of posts moderated out of posts reported than you do, and I have less posts even reported than you have moderated in general.

Yes, what Inks mentioned is the standard practice on most big political sites.

I look forward to reporting under this new with how frequently Libertas and CARLHAYDEN violate it.

Here we have further confirmation of who has been doing the childish 'tattletaling' around here.

Or "rat-finking" as opebo termed it.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »

I often made a habit of browsing your recent posts and reporting anything that might muster a violation (Wasn't hard considering you usually had at least one on the front page, which is only 15 posts). Complaining about this is rather hypocritical after you and your hero Hamilton reported posts of anyone Hamilton hated for stuff like using the word "retarded". I can say though that I did get a good number of your posts deleted for the style of "debating" which consisted of nothing but "You are wrong and I am right." which was essentially trolling so the mods clearly don't disagree. And that's exactly what you did in that thread.

Mind you, I have a far lower ratio of posts moderated out of posts reported than you do, and I have less posts even reported than you have moderated in general.

Yes, what Inks mentioned is the standard practice on most big political sites.

I look forward to reporting under this new with how frequently Libertas and CARLHAYDEN violate it.

Here we have further confirmation of who has been doing the childish 'tattletaling' around here.

Or "rat-finking" as opebo termed it.

You can see that I was clearly talking about posting entire articles in violating of copyright rules, which is something I have yet to report you for. Though I don't doubt I'll be able to at the rate you do it.

Thanks for ignoring the point. Or maybe it did just go way over your head.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 10:44:45 PM »

How about rather than infractions, can we refer them to demerits?  Perhaps we can adopt a forum nun to smack the childrens' hands with rulers when they step out of line.

But one has to wonder if we even need moderators with the amount of tattling going on.  I'm starting to be sympathetic to Lunar and Mikado.. I really honestly didn't realize the sheer amount of childish elementary school behavior going on.   

BRTD, quit trying to out-douche the tattle tales.  If you can't seem to stop, check yourself back into 2nd grade and let them school you on maturity.

I only started reporting a lot after the new policies when it could get people banned. It worked in getting Hamilton banned so I figure I'd try it on others.

Oh, that makes it much more mature...

Actually, it does the opposite.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 01:11:42 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2010, 01:15:41 AM by Ἀναρχία »

Haha so my moderated ones were calling BRTD a moron for opposing Puerto Rican statehood under the circumstances that they vote Republican and for deriding the Catholic church for its sex scandals.  A personal attack and trolling.  If those were my worst, then I can only imagine how stupid the other two must be.  All definitely "whiny" and "telling on" me.

(Is that against the rules to tell?)

Let me just say that I did not report this, and that I think it is just as stupid as you do. Which makes me wonder who it was who actually did report that...

Oh and that means Lunar deleted a personal attack against me? That's kind of amusing considering he used to personal attack me all the time (No I did not care and I never once reported such a post.)

Even more amusing is people calling me a "tattle-tale" and all when excluding blatant spamming trolls like Ogis and Stark, I have only reported posts from three posters, and one of those only one time (That being Flyers. The only other people I have ever reported have been Hamilton and Libertas.)

Oh yeah there was HoffmanJohn's thread about masturbation too but honestly that probably should be classified with Stark and Ogis.

You are a tattletale, and the fact that you only report people you dislike (and obsessively so) in hopes of getting them banned makes it worse.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »

So, I'm up to 140. Stop yer whining.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »

I don't troll.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 01:38:16 AM »

Calling someone with a clear pattern of troll-like behavior a "troll/sock" is now grounds for infraction?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »

Reported Posts:     175
Moderated Posts:    67
Infraction Points:    41

Most recent infractions were for calling John Thune a corporatist, making a mild joke about pbrower2a's hackishness, and calling Nancy Pelosi evil.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies