How many times have you been arrested?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:14:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How many times have you been arrested?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: How many times have you been arrested?

4+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How many times have you been arrested?  (Read 67103 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2004, 08:17:20 AM »

Well then it's about time you found a way to get yourself arrested.  Everybody should have at least one brush with the law.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 12:55:30 PM »

Never.
I threw a traffic cone at someone once while drunk. Unfortunately a copper was walking around the corner at the time! Was let off with a caution.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 01:26:13 PM »

I haven't ever been arrested.  I'm too lazy to get in trouble with the law.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 01:31:56 PM »

Well I've had some friends that if I were to spend enough time with, I certainly would have had problems...It's just I was never really that rebel type, never wanted to be.

Oddly enough, I'm the exact same way.  I have a friend who hangs around with a bunch of, er, interesting character; their favorite pastime is getting stoned and drunk enough that they puke.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 05:34:21 PM »

Wow. I'm among those very few forum members who have had brushes with the law! A vast majority of us seem to be law-abiding citizens. On the other hand most of them are just kids.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2004, 11:25:37 PM »

I've been convicted of second degree murder, but I got off cause I'm rich.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2004, 11:28:15 PM »

I *hope* this was a joke
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2004, 03:19:44 AM »

I love arrest stories.  I have never been arrested, though I have had a couple of close brushes, and of course I've had a few speeding tickets.

My closest brush involved the time I went drinking with a buddy of mine, and we got into a mock fight in the parking lot when we left the place.  Somebody must have thought we were serious and called the cops.  My friend left and I was pulling out of the place when a cop pulled in and signaled for me to pull over.  He asked me to wait while he investigated a call they had gotten.

A short time later, he let me go.  My real concern was not the fight, which was clearly not serious, but the possibility that I may have been over the legal BAC limit.  My driving record was not great to begin with at that time - I had just been to court for my second speeding ticket within a short space of time - and I didn't need more trouble.  Luckily, nothing happened.

That same friend got arrested once for driving a moped the wrong way up a one-way street and zig-zagging between cars.

I used to like engaging a little bit in drunken and disorderly conduct, and I liked to do things like knock over, bend, or otherwise damage signs.  Another thing I used to do is go out driving with a couple of friends late at night, and deliberately go the wrong way up one way street, running red lights and stop signs.  I could still do it now, under the right conditions.

NYM90 - Your football game story reminds me of something that happened to a couple of friends in high school.  They were caught at the heinous crime of throwing soda cans at a football game.  The following Monday, the dean made a whole announcement to the school about how such idiotic behavior would not be tolerated.  They were given a whole week of after-school detention, plus a Saturday detention.  It was pretty funny.

StatesRights - I want to hear your arrest stories.

Yeah, I was throwing marshmallows at some of my friends. Got ejected and given a $50 civil infraction...that seemed pretty bogus to me.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2004, 05:55:08 AM »

Yeah, I was throwing marshmallows at some of my friends. Got ejected and given a $50 civil infraction...that seemed pretty bogus to me.

I guess it was a bit much, but if that's the worst legal trouble you ever have, you're pretty lucky.  Real legal problems are no fun.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2004, 12:54:02 PM »

George W Bush has been arrested 3 times.  Do you have him beat?

definitely.  but cheney has me, and George, bested for DWI convictions, though.  He has three, and I think Bush has one.

Scariest arrest was in the third world.  You do not want to see the inside of a Latin American jail, my friends.  Luckily, their officials are more open to "negotiation" than ours.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2004, 05:31:34 PM »

I *hope* this was a joke

No. It wasn't.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2004, 05:35:07 PM »

I *hope* this was a joke

No. It wasn't.

nice!

Redefeatbush04

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2004, 03:45:42 PM »

So you.......hmm........details lol?
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2004, 08:59:49 PM »

Zero.

Shocker, huh?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2004, 10:47:22 PM »

The closest brush with the law I've had was one night I was using 1-800-COLLECT to make prank phone calls and costing people money because I swore it was an emergency.  They threated to call the cops.  I was 9 so I was scared to death.

I've gotten in trouble in school many times, mostly for gambling and violence.
Beaver
Rookie

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2004, 12:07:28 AM »

Zero!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2004, 12:09:02 AM »

I've never been caught.  I did spend a few days in college ducking a subpoena that might have been issued.

Nobody asked me why.  :-(
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2004, 09:57:33 AM »

I've never been caught.  I did spend a few days in college ducking a subpoena that might have been issued.

I'd love to hear why.  It seems the people on here with potentially the most interesting stories are holding them back.
chadnat1019
Rookie

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2004, 12:45:04 PM »

Are those Democrates living in Glass Houses throwing Stones again.!!!!!!

Look every one has made mistakes in there lives.  Some of you have not got caught, some of you have.

So are Democrates wanting a global have you ever been arrested test now also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet the French would love that.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2004, 01:54:48 PM »

I'd love to hear why.  It seems the people on here with potentially the most interesting stories are holding them back.

A candidate who lost the area where I was working fairly badly, larger by the margin of the vote in the election.  He though I had fixed the election somehow.

I didn't, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.  I'd worked the area for months.  I'm not sure if he was looking for me, but I wasn't going to take any chances. 

It was a county wide race and ended up in the State Supreme Court.  2000 was giving me flashbacks to college.  :-)

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2004, 03:41:53 PM »

Are those Democrates living in Glass Houses throwing Stones again.!!!!!!

Look every one has made mistakes in there lives.  Some of you have not got caught, some of you have.

So are Democrates wanting a global have you ever been arrested test now also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet the French would love that.

Communication is more possible when you speak a language.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2004, 10:38:06 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2004, 11:02:45 PM by dazzleman »

A candidate who lost the area where I was working fairly badly, larger by the margin of the vote in the election.  He though I had fixed the election somehow.

I didn't, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.  I'd worked the area for months.  I'm not sure if he was looking for me, but I wasn't going to take any chances. 

It was a county wide race and ended up in the State Supreme Court.  2000 was giving me flashbacks to college.  :-)

And I was expecting to hear a story involving some type of drunken debauchery....well, it's better than anything I have.  The best I can come up with is speeding tickets, though I have some friends who could tell some interesting stories.  I did some things that I could have been arrested for, but I was pretty good at avoiding getting caught.

I don't think I know anybody who has been arrested for anything serious.  Some of my friends were regulars in traffic court, and I know a few people who got arrested for alcohol and drug related offenses, but I don't know anybody well who was ever sentenced to anything worse than some hours of community service.  The worst legal penalties I've ever incurred have been (repeated) fines for speeding.  What a boring life I've led...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2004, 11:33:14 PM »

I generally don't do illegal stuff.  My barely legal stuff is quite interesting.

dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2004, 07:00:12 AM »

I generally don't do illegal stuff.  My barely legal stuff is quite interesting.

Neither do I, anymore.  And even the illegal stuff I did was pretty lame.  The worst I ever did that I can remember, aside from my near miss with drunken/disorderly conduct and possible DWI, was when I knocked over or damaged road signs, and put M-80s in the coin returns of public phones.  But that was a LONG time ago...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2004, 04:28:57 PM »

The only thing illegal I do is speed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length