Dick Cheney warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:09:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Dick Cheney warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dick Cheney warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected  (Read 3060 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »

I'll never forget when he went to Hawaii a week before the 2004 election and warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected.
cpeeks
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »

Um so im guessing he just forgot about the whole 9/11 thing that happened on the Bush/Cheney watch, lololololololol.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:43:11 PM »

I'll never forget when he went to Hawaii a week before the 2004 election and warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected.

I wish Gore would have warned the American people in 2000 about another Pearl Harbor if Bush was elected.
cpeeks
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:12:44 AM »

Yes me too.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »

It would've looked absurd though before and after.
cpeeks
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 05:18:34 AM »

No more than Cheneys statement after 9/11 happened under there watch.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »

Which statements? There was not another attack after 9/11 until Fort Hood.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 01:51:20 PM »

So, if Kerry were elected the Japanese would have made an amendment to their Constitution, striking Article 9 --perhaps reinstate the divinity of the Emperor and restore his Holiness to power, then they would proceed to build up military forces and make a kamikaze airstrike on Pearl Harbor due to an oil embargo against Japan from the United States. Realistic.
cpeeks
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 02:49:11 PM »

Thats what I said Genius, Cheneys statement about Pearl Harbor looks absurd considering 9/11 happened under there watch.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 06:28:24 PM »

Thats what I said Genius, Cheneys statement about Pearl Harbor looks absurd considering 9/11 happened under there watch.

Only because Bush didn't have time to build up our security systems and didn't know 9/11 was coming.
cpeeks
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 08:06:53 PM »

Really he knew it for nine months.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »

And there were really no signs about that happening. One piece of paper in the summer of 2001 wouldn't have swayed anyone prior to those towers falling.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »

And there were really no signs about that happening. One piece of paper in the summer of 2001 wouldn't have swayed anyone prior to those towers falling.

So why are you blaming Clinton for doing exactly as you just said Bush had every reason to do?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »

So why are you blaming Clinton for doing exactly as you just said Bush had every reason to do?

I blame Clinton for alot of things. What exactly do you mean? Ignoring intelligence reports? Domestic spying?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 10:35:10 PM »

I blame Clinton for alot of things. What exactly do you mean? Ignoring intelligence reports? Domestic spying?

He means that you're blaming Clinton for being unprepared for 9/11, while you say it's OK for Bush to ahve been unprepared.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 10:48:03 PM »

He means that you're blaming Clinton for being unprepared for 9/11, while you say it's OK for Bush to ahve been unprepared.

I'm not only blaming Clinton. Alot of his policies made us ripe for an attack though. Bush being in office I know is a talking point for the left but talking points don't really get anything done. I can't stand it when people here just use talking points.
cpeeks
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »

But yet you dont blame Bush Sr. for the first trade center attack it happened barely a month after Clinton took office. Dude you cant have it both ways, quit talkilking out of both sides of your mouth.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 12:32:19 PM »

But yet you dont blame Bush Sr. for the first trade center attack it happened barely a month after Clinton took office. Dude you cant have it both ways, quit talkilking out of both sides of your mouth.

What about Bush Sr.? He was the most qualified individual to ever hold that office.
cpeeks
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 02:37:37 AM »

What about Bush Sr.? He was the most qualified individual to ever hold that office.

You blame Clinton for 9/11 yet you dont blame Bush Sr. for the first trade center attack, you cant have it both ways dude.  And just because your qualified doesnt mean your going to do a job.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 12:33:41 AM »

You blame Clinton for 9/11 yet you dont blame Bush Sr. for the first trade center attack, you cant have it both ways dude.  And just because your qualified doesnt mean your going to do a job.

He's done better than anyone to come after him. I wish he would've pursued Saddam Hussein though.
cpeeks
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 04:42:31 AM »

He's done better than anyone to come after him. I wish he would've pursued Saddam Hussein though.

Bush sr in his autobiography said the reason he didnt take  out Saddam was it would have created an imbalance of power between the sunni and shiite nations throughout the mideast, created a power vacuum through out Iraq, and U.S. forces would be seen as bitter occupiers in a hostile enviroment with no exit strategey. WOW REALLY? Kinda like whats going on there now!!! All in all it would be a dumb idea.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »

Bush sr in his autobiography said the reason he didnt take  out Saddam was it would have created an imbalance of power between the sunni and shiite nations throughout the mideast, created a power vacuum through out Iraq, and U.S. forces would be seen as bitter occupiers in a hostile enviroment with no exit strategey. WOW REALLY? Kinda like whats going on there now!!! All in all it would be a dumb idea.

Yes I've read all of that. He's entitled to that thought. I have alot of respect for the man from his WWII service, success in the oil industry, organizing the GOP, negotiating with China and the UN, directing our intelligence, being VP, and commanding our troops while governing our nation. He is a real American hero.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »

Yes I've read all of that. He's entitled to that thought. I have alot of respect for the man from his WWII service, success in the oil industry, organizing the GOP, negotiating with China and the UN, directing our intelligence, being VP, and commanding our troops while governing our nation. He is a real American hero.

You're missing his point. cpeeks said that it's unfair to blame 9/11 on Clinton yet not blame the Twin Towers bombing attempt in 1993 on Bush Sr., since Clinton was in office for only a month when it happened, while Bush Jr. was in office for eight months when 9/11 happened.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

You're missing his point. cpeeks said that it's unfair to blame 9/11 on Clinton yet not blame the Twin Towers bombing attempt in 1993 on Bush Sr., since Clinton was in office for only a month when it happened, while Bush Jr. was in office for eight months when 9/11 happened.

I blame Al-Qaida for 9/11. Clinton's policies allowed for them to plot and plan without being caught. Although Clinton did authorize spying on US citizens. Without being familiar with Bush's policies as I did not go back that far, I will not blame him for the first Twin Tower attack.
cpeeks
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 08:59:51 AM »

Ok let see if I understand this you disagree with Bush sr, probabaly one of the best foreign policy presidents weve ever had, on why he didnt take out Saddam?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies