Dick Cheney warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:03:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Dick Cheney warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dick Cheney warned about another Pearl Harbor if Kerry got elected  (Read 3058 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 04:15:55 PM »

Ok let see if I understand this you disagree with Bush sr, probabaly one of the best foreign policy presidents weve ever had, on why he didnt take out Saddam?

Looking back yes BUT at the same time we were giving him a final chance. It should have been on Clinton to take him out.
cpeeks
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »

Ok let see if I understand this you disagree with Bush sr, probabaly one of the best foreign policy presidents weve ever had, on why he didnt take out Saddam?

Looking back yes BUT at the same time we were giving him a final chance. It should have been on Clinton to take him out.

LOL OMG, please tell me you dont believe this garbage that you post. I am honestly going to have to quit reading and responding to it, because it is intellectually bringing me down.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:03 PM »

LOL OMG, please tell me you dont believe this garbage that you post. I am honestly going to have to quit reading and responding to it, because it is intellectually bringing me down.

What do you mean? You think we should have gone to war sooner in Iraq? I'll agree but not THAT much sooner.
cpeeks
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »

WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE TO WAR IN IRAQ, BUSH SR. TOLD EVERYONE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN AND HIS IDIOT SON DID IT ANYWAY. IRAQ WAS NOT A THREAT.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »

WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE TO WAR IN IRAQ, BUSH SR. TOLD EVERYONE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN AND HIS IDIOT SON DID IT ANYWAY. IRAQ WAS NOT A THREAT.

I agree with this. Saddam allowed the U.N. inspectors to return to Iraq before the invasion, thus eliminating any remaining threat he posed to the U.S. and removing the need for an invasion. I mean, what's the point of invading countries which are no longer threats to us? In those cases, we're just unnecessarily wasting our own money down the drain.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »

I still loved that Cheney speech.
cpeeks
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »

I agree with this. Saddam allowed the U.N. inspectors to return to Iraq before the invasion, thus eliminating any remaining threat he posed to the U.S. and removing the need for an invasion. I mean, what's the point of invading countries which are no longer threats to us? In those cases, we're just unnecessarily wasting our own money down the drain.

So true how many people are going to have to die, before we get out of this god forsaken quagmire? How much further are we going to continue going into debt paying for this travesty.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 04:30:15 PM »

So true how many people are going to have to die, before we get out of this god forsaken quagmire? How much further are we going to continue going into debt paying for this travesty.

Those weapons inspectors were in Saddam's pocket the entire time.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »

Why do say that?  Because they couldn't find WMD's that weren't there?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 02:39:45 AM »

Why do say that?  Because they couldn't find WMD's that weren't there?

No the weapons were there. Why haven't you heard about that?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »

No the weapons were there. Why haven't you heard about that?

Because no one has provided any evidence of them?  The official U.S. report put out by the Iraq Study Group after the invasion stated: "The ISG has not found evidence that Saddam possessed WMD stocks in 2003, but [there is] the possibility that some weapons existed in Iraq, although not of a militarily significant capability."  So, not even Bush's own effort to whitewash the past found that Saddam had WMD's he could make use of.
cpeeks
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »

In Febuary 2003, Saddam pulled his military leaders together, and informed them that were no weapons, and they were in complete shock becauuse they were counting on them to fight the allies. Saddam disarmed after the first gulf war, but acted like he still had weapons to bluff Iran, his main enemy. He never had the weapons. I always heard your enemy's enemy is your friend and yet we take out Saddam when Iran is supposed to be our main threat. LOL makes no sense.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 03:48:03 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2010, 04:04:31 PM by True Federalist »

In Febuary 2003, Saddam pulled his military leaders together, and informed them that were no weapons, and they were in complete shock becauuse they were counting on them to fight the allies. Saddam disarmed after the first gulf war, but acted like he still had weapons to bluff Iran, his main enemy. He never had the weapons. I always heard your enemy's enemy is your friend and yet we take out Saddam when Iran is supposed to be our main threat. LOL makes no sense.

Well this is what Saddam gets for acting like he had weapons. I hope he was happy. Enemy's enemy is your friend but don't be too trusty. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »

Well this is what Saddam gets for acting like he had weapons. I hope he was happy. Enemy's enemy is your friend but don't be too trusty. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Saddam stopped acting like he had weapons when he invited the U.N. inspectors to return to Iraq though. If he genuinely had WMDs, he would have never let the inspectors return.
cpeeks
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 08:55:37 PM »

Well this is what Saddam gets for acting like he had weapons. I hope he was happy. Enemy's enemy is your friend but don't be too trusty. Keep your friends cnlose but your enemies closer.

Saddam stopped acting like he had weapons when he invited the U.N. inspectors to return to Iraq though. If he genuinely had WMDs, he would have never let the inspectors return.

Of course, everybody knew he didnt, even Bush's National security advisors knew he didnt.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 07:09:55 PM »

Well this is what Saddam gets for acting like he had weapons. I hope he was happy. Enemy's enemy is your friend but don't be too trusty. Keep your friends cnlose but your enemies closer.

Of course, everybody knew he didnt, even Bush's National security advisors knew he didnt.

Then why the intelligence reports? You're not suggesting that Bush wanted people to die so he started a war are you?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies