How many times have you been arrested? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How many times have you been arrested? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many times have you been arrested?

4+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How many times have you been arrested?  (Read 67534 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: November 03, 2004, 11:25:21 AM »

I love arrest stories.  I have never been arrested, though I have had a couple of close brushes, and of course I've had a few speeding tickets.

My closest brush involved the time I went drinking with a buddy of mine, and we got into a mock fight in the parking lot when we left the place.  Somebody must have thought we were serious and called the cops.  My friend left and I was pulling out of the place when a cop pulled in and signaled for me to pull over.  He asked me to wait while he investigated a call they had gotten.

A short time later, he let me go.  My real concern was not the fight, which was clearly not serious, but the possibility that I may have been over the legal BAC limit.  My driving record was not great to begin with at that time - I had just been to court for my second speeding ticket within a short space of time - and I didn't need more trouble.  Luckily, nothing happened.

That same friend got arrested once for driving a moped the wrong way up a one-way street and zig-zagging between cars.

I used to like engaging a little bit in drunken and disorderly conduct, and I liked to do things like knock over, bend, or otherwise damage signs.  Another thing I used to do is go out driving with a couple of friends late at night, and deliberately go the wrong way up one way street, running red lights and stop signs.  I could still do it now, under the right conditions.

NYM90 - Your football game story reminds me of something that happened to a couple of friends in high school.  They were caught at the heinous crime of throwing soda cans at a football game.  The following Monday, the dean made a whole announcement to the school about how such idiotic behavior would not be tolerated.  They were given a whole week of after-school detention, plus a Saturday detention.  It was pretty funny.

StatesRights - I want to hear your arrest stories.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 08:17:20 AM »

Well then it's about time you found a way to get yourself arrested.  Everybody should have at least one brush with the law.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 05:55:08 AM »

Yeah, I was throwing marshmallows at some of my friends. Got ejected and given a $50 civil infraction...that seemed pretty bogus to me.

I guess it was a bit much, but if that's the worst legal trouble you ever have, you're pretty lucky.  Real legal problems are no fun.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 09:57:33 AM »

I've never been caught.  I did spend a few days in college ducking a subpoena that might have been issued.

Nobody asked me why.  :-(

I'd love to hear why.  It seems the people on here with potentially the most interesting stories are holding them back.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 10:38:06 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2004, 11:02:45 PM by dazzleman »

A candidate who lost the area where I was working fairly badly, larger by the margin of the vote in the election.  He though I had fixed the election somehow.

I didn't, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.  I'd worked the area for months.  I'm not sure if he was looking for me, but I wasn't going to take any chances. 

It was a county wide race and ended up in the State Supreme Court.  2000 was giving me flashbacks to college.  :-)

And I was expecting to hear a story involving some type of drunken debauchery....well, it's better than anything I have.  The best I can come up with is speeding tickets, though I have some friends who could tell some interesting stories.  I did some things that I could have been arrested for, but I was pretty good at avoiding getting caught.

I don't think I know anybody who has been arrested for anything serious.  Some of my friends were regulars in traffic court, and I know a few people who got arrested for alcohol and drug related offenses, but I don't know anybody well who was ever sentenced to anything worse than some hours of community service.  The worst legal penalties I've ever incurred have been (repeated) fines for speeding.  What a boring life I've led...
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 07:00:12 AM »

I generally don't do illegal stuff.  My barely legal stuff is quite interesting.

Neither do I, anymore.  And even the illegal stuff I did was pretty lame.  The worst I ever did that I can remember, aside from my near miss with drunken/disorderly conduct and possible DWI, was when I knocked over or damaged road signs, and put M-80s in the coin returns of public phones.  But that was a LONG time ago...
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 09:25:11 PM »

I was pulled over for doing 20 over and got away with just a no seatbelt ticket (i did have a seatbelt on though). you see, I hit 5000 miles and the little needs oil/maintenance required light started blinking. So I hit the hazard lights and sped away to the nearest auto-shop. HAHA.....sigh........that was dumb........

You got lucky.  The no-seatbelt ticket is a standard ploy by a cop who pulls you over for something worse, is basically letting you off, but has to give you something.  What did you say to the cop to get him to let you off so easy?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 08:30:45 PM »

Earlier in the thread, you told a funny story about throwing marshmallows at a football game, and getting fined for it.  I guess that's the closest you've come to getting arrested.

I've never been arrested either, though I could have been on a few occasions.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 08:21:15 AM »

Never, only infraction was a speeding ticket

Only one speeding ticket?  Dude, you're slacking....Tongue  You should at least 4 or 5 by now...Cheesy

I think Nation's got the best driving record on here, though I doubt he's ever been arrested.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 08:32:01 AM »

Only one speeding ticket?  Dude, you're slacking....Tongue  You should at least 4 or 5 by now...Cheesy

I think Nation's got the best driving record on here, though I doubt he's ever been arrested.

I found out a way to avoid speeding ticket points from showing up on your record. A friend of mine knows someone who works for the DMV and told him the way to avoid getting points, it actually works.

Is that the one where you overpay the fine by $1, and then don't cash the check they send back to you as a refund?

Or is it another one?  Share the details, man......I'm ticket-prone sometimes, and could always use some tips on how to keep them off my record....Cheesy
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 08:40:55 AM »

I found out a way to avoid speeding ticket points from showing up on your record. A friend of mine knows someone who works for the DMV and told him the way to avoid getting points, it actually works.

Is that the one where you overpay the fine by $1, and then don't cash the check they send back to you as a refund?

Yep. But I was told 5 dollars is the minimum.

Maybe it depends on the state.  I've heard it doesn't work, but who knows?  It would be worth a try.

That approach assume you mail the fine in, rather than go to court.  I've gone to court with my last few tickets, and handed the clerk a check for the fine as I left.  It would look strange if I just wrote a check for $5 more than what the amount they were fining me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies