A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:20:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...  (Read 39993 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 03, 2004, 06:28:29 PM »

Wow, throwing f**k you around is so mature...

Really, this is such immature behavior. I can't believe people take their relationships with others so seriously on a message board.

Sheliak, you must excuse DefectiveInfest, as he's entered the Bizarro Universe.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 09:16:44 AM »

Wow, throwing f**k you around is so mature...

Really, this is such immature behavior. I can't believe people take their relationships with others so seriously on a message board.

Sheliak, you must excuse DefectiveInfest, as he's entered the Bizarro Universe.

I think you missed the point JJ.  She is complaining about seeing such immature behavior on the message boards.  She's complaining about the kind of stuff that you regularly engage in and just hypocritically did again right here.

I respond, Freedumbburnout, to about several differnt things this way.  Bad language, incorrect facts, stereotyping, excessive posting of new topics that is designed to provoke members, of either side, and not provoke debate.  In this particular case, I respond to bad language.

Keep it clean, keep it honest, and as I've pointed out, you will be treated with respect by me.  If not, don't mess with North Phila.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 04:03:10 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2004, 06:38:24 PM by J. J. »

When I say this tuff about Democrats hating middle America, I'm not talking about the voting base of the party.  They're too stupid to have independent thoughts anyway, as is the base of the Republican Party.  I'm talking about the intellectual base of the party.  The editorial boards of most newspapers, most network newsooms, college campuses, Hollywood, upper income areas of major urban centers, and the like.

Just look at Maureen Dowd, Thomas Friedman, and Paul Krugman and their most recent NYT columns, and then tell me they don't hate middle America.  Its right there in print for all to read.  This isn't conjecture, and its not something reasonable people can disagree about.  The intellectual elite of your party has exlicitly stated their hatred of middle America.

Well.. what's not to hate?  If someone is detestable, why shouldn't one hate them?

I think its very clear that the other side hate *us* in return.  I'd say both sides hate one another equally, and for very good reasons.

That's why we don't want the hate-monger wing of the Democratic party to ever get power.  Why should we vote for a party that hates us and tries to ram all of its dubious philosophies down our throats. 

The GOP keeps saying, okay, it is up to you.  The Democrats keep saying, do as we tell you to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies