A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:07:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...  (Read 39998 times)
MarkDel

« on: November 02, 2004, 12:24:11 AM »
« edited: November 02, 2004, 12:28:13 AM by MarkDel »

A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...because it's VERY important.

Unfortunately, it is time to deal with the fact that there is a very good chance that John Kerry will be the next President of the United States. Your initial reaction will be one of either anger, disbelief or sadness. My initial reaction will be to get stinking drunk, go down to the nearest Starbucks and beat the sh**t out of some latte drinking Democrat...BUT, I am about to tell you something that I think is very important. You need to put aside the anger and other feelings of negativity and remember that you are an American first, and a partisan second.

That's why I am telling you that we, as Republicans, must pledge our full support to a Kerry Administration. You have a duty as Americans to support the Commander in Chief at a time of War, and we ARE at war even if the majority of Americans seem to act like we're not.

For the next four years, you MUST NEVER undermine Kerry by nitpicking over his decisions related to national security. If, and when, he makes mistakes in the War on Terror, you should be decent, patriotic Americans and keep your criticism to yourself. I know the temptation will be great to travel down the same sordid path the Democrats have the past few years and place your ideology, and partisan ambitions over the welfare of this nation, but if you do that, then you are no better than the Michael Moores and other LEFT WING POND SCUM (like a few posters on this site) who have behaved in that fashion during the Bush era.

Unlike our foes in the Democratic Party, we are Americans first and Republicans second. We do not and MUST not sit back and root for bad news in the War the way so many Democrats have this year. We are better than that...and America needs us to be above the vile behavior that has plagued this nation the past few years.

And if you cannot follow my advice for the sake of duty to your country, or if your disdain for Kerry and the other Leftists is so great that you feel unable to put aside your bitterness...then DO IT FOR THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE PUTTING THEIR LIVES AT RISK ON A DAILY BASIS.

So shut up and support Kerry as President in the War on Terror no matter how much you think or KNOW that his actions are wrong. You and I owe it to those soldiers in the field to do NOTHING that might weaken their resolve or shake their confidence in their missions. And contrary to what our Left Wing buddies will tell us, it DOES hurt the troops when Americans sit back and criticize the war and question our motives, or our ability to emerge victorious. If you don't believe me, go talk to them...I do on a regular basis with all of the friends and family members I know who are serving in either Iraq or Afghanistan...and they have been dealt a severe, disheartening blow over the past year to see the bitter arguments over the War in this country.

This must stop. And if our Democratic friends lacked the restraint, decency and sense of duty to follow the proper path this past year, the responsibility falls to us to right this wrong and convince our soldiers, and the rest of the world, that the United States is truly united when we place our sons and daughters into harm's way.

So many of you here are very, very young and may not have a full appreciation for what I am saying, but I am confident that most of you will see the wisdom in my words. I know it is difficult...believe me, I have more fears and more misgivings about a Kerry Administration than ANY of you. I have a baby daughter who just turned one last week, and another baby on the way, and I lie awake at night (as I am right now) in fear that they will never have a future, or that they will grow up in a nation that has become a mere shell of what it once was. So yes, I fear John Kerry and the ing appeasement monkeys in the Democratic Party...more than any of you, but I have risen above it and will speak no ill of him for the next four years when it comes to matters of NATIONAL SECURITY. He will be our President, we must hope that we are wrong about him, and we must do everything in our power to help him and our armed forces win this monumental struggle against the forces of Islamic Extremism.

I hope and pray that I am wrong about him...and I hope and pray that you follow my advice in this matter.
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 02:37:13 PM »

Agree Mark and it works vice-versa for me now Bush has won, I never hated the guy in the first place, I've always said politicans get a bad rap and both Kerry and Bush where decent men despite my feeling that Kerry would have been a better president Smiley 

Ben,

Well said. Believe me, I was NEVER referring to you when I talked about some posters on this forum. In fact, I have often mentioned you as an example of the way decent people on both sides can have legitmate disagreements and still treat each other with respect. It used to be that with MOST people in this nation, but the Left has gone haywire the past several years, and it's not just a few crazies, but a strong, vocal minority of the Party who has increased their influence in a big way the past four years.
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 09:27:53 PM »

Ben,

Of course you are 100% correct. Moderate to conservative Democrats (Carson, John, etc...) in the South have to carry the national Democratic Party around their necks in any race. One of the big rallying cries of Republicans in the South has been to tell Conservative Democrats that if they vote in a Democratic rep, no matter how Conservative they might be, that rep's first vote will be for Speaker Nancy Pelosi...or Senator Tom Daschle. This is a VERY effective and impactful statement.

On an interesting note, I have been fascinated by the last few responses from you and Nym. Here we have two Democrats who are really not all that far apart on substantive policy beliefs, yet you reach two incredibly diverse conclusions about what actually took place in the South.

In my opinion, you have a classic example of the difference between a legitimate centrist Democrat (you) who is open to positive AND negative views of your party, and Nym, who despite his seemingly moderate views would march off the cliff, drinking his cool-aid, with the Left Wing of your party.
MarkDel

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 11:42:42 PM »

Nym90,

Well, your last post here was extremely sensible. However, I am mainly referring to your slavish defense of the extreme Left Wing of your party in past commentary.

Until you recognize that people like Michael Moore, Al Sharpton, Al Franken, Jesse Jackson, and to a lesser extent Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich and Nancy Pelosi, are a CANCER in your party then you will never learn the lessons you need to learn in order to bring your party back to the glory days of FDR and JFK.

Like it or not, among Republicans and Independents of the moderate to conservative bent, Michael Moore is now the symbol of your party more than any actual party leader...and mainstream Dems made that possible by refusing to repudiate Moore and his vile lies.
MarkDel

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 11:45:30 PM »

hey mark, what do ya call a busload of lawyers going off a cliff?

Angus,

The answer to that question is "a good start" or "I hope it's a LARGE bus"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies