A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:41:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Message to All Republicans Here...yes, I'm back for the next 24 hours only...  (Read 39992 times)
M

« on: November 02, 2004, 08:42:29 AM »

Mark, it's good to hear from you again. You're absolutely right, of course, that if Kerry wins tonight (G-d forbid!) we will have an obligation to support him as our president and commander in chief. Republicans should not even think about aping the dems over the past four years and developing a cult of hating Kerry.
That said, I fear a Kerry could be quite bad for this country, perhaps worse than Carter. The problem is not just that he would mismanage the war, but that he thinks there is no war. Unfortunately, the terrorists and their rogue state allies have yet to receive this memo, and think there's still a war on. Also, Kerry would reverse Bush's move towards an opportunity society, pushing the needed redefining of the welfare state off into the unknown future. And the isolationist anti-trade junk of the dems this year would give FDR a heart attack- and for good reason, it could be exceedingly damaging to the world.
But I have a good feeling right now. I really do. We'll see.
M

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 11:00:17 PM »

In fact, I wonder if the evolution of a true GOP Solid South would actually bring a degree of moderation. If, for example, in an Oklahoma where only the GOP primary mattered and the Dems were virtually nonexistant, a Carson would not smash a Coburn; and so forth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies