Likud: further in Judea, Samaria and Greater Jerusalem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:16:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Likud: further in Judea, Samaria and Greater Jerusalem
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Likud: further in Judea, Samaria and Greater Jerusalem  (Read 1499 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
« edited: June 24, 2010, 06:09:17 PM by Bunoah »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.france24.com/en/20100624-israel-right-wing-likud-backs-building-settlements-west-bank-netanyahu
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »

Good news, I guess. If the Arabs/Palestinians want to complain some more about settlement constuction, how about they agree to direct talks with Israel and then immedaitely start discussing borders. Also, Israel should keep all of Jerusalem and all the large Jewish settlements in the West Bank in a final peace treaty. The Arabs/Palestinians can keep the rest of the West Bank (and all of Gaza) and could dismantle all the smaller settlements.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »

This would only be newsworthy if they decided that doing so was not a good idea.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »

Not really news that there are Zionists who want more lebensraum.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »

Well, yes, the idea is not something new, but now after several back and forth seems the decision will become actual for Israel since Likud officially decided it, which is what I assumed and why I posted. And this despite, well, everything, and the current climate, not that it wouldn't surprise me big from Israel so far but for me each time, it's one more: 'wow, then they will actually do it'.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:46:42 PM »

Good news, I guess. If the Arabs/Palestinians want to complain some more about settlement constuction, how about they agree to direct talks with Israel and then immedaitely start discussing borders. Also, Israel should keep all of Jerusalem and all the large Jewish settlements in the West Bank in a final peace treaty. The Arabs/Palestinians can keep the rest of the West Bank (and all of Gaza) and could dismantle all the smaller settlements.

If the prerequisites to end it are unacceptable, the Drang nach Osten can be continued forever, eh?
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 11:56:40 PM »

Not really news that there are Zionists who want more lebensraum.

This pretty much sums it up, sadly.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:39:37 PM »

I am sick and tired of both Limas and Hakud. Given that there is no difference between the two, when will they finally merge?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:39 PM »

Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 10:58:14 PM »

Disgusting, and made worse by their plans to use Biblical names as if God would ever approve of the horrific crimes of the Likud.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »

Disgusting, and made worse by their plans to use Biblical names as if God would ever approve of the horrific crimes of the Likud.

When's the last time you read the Book of Joshua?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »

When's the last time you read the Book of Joshua?

We don't live in the times of the Old Testament. Physical warfare has been superseded by the spiritual warfare of the New Testament.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 11:28:53 PM »

We don't live in the times of the Old Testament. Physical warfare has been superseded by the spiritual warfare of the New Testament.

I doubt Likud cares all that much about what its members would consider the New Testament of a false Messiah.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »

I doubt Likud cares all that much about what its members would consider the New Testament of a false Messiah.

Of course not. God is not on the side of the Zionists.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »

I am sick and tired of both Limas and Hakud. Given that there is no difference between the two, when will they finally merge?

Maybe the way for the one state solution!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »

The Northern Ireland solution?  Paisley and Adams clasping hands and smiling while the corpses of their victims are forgotten and the actual people that care about peace are sidelined?

But with Bibi and Hamas leaders smirking and joking with each other instead while the people that care about peace on the Israeli and Palestinian sides are forgotten outside?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2010, 03:06:37 PM by Bunoah »

The Northern Ireland solution?  Paisley and Adams clasping hands and smiling while the corpses of their victims are forgotten and the actual people that care about peace are sidelined?

But with Bibi and Hamas leaders smirking and joking with each other instead while the people that care about peace on the Israeli and Palestinian sides are forgotten outside?

Euh, the exclamation point was supposed to be here to indicate that it wasn't serious, and it was so enormous that I don't see how it could be taken seriously. Such kinds of humor are the fruit of desperate situations, when things seem so desperate and stupid, sometimes maybe it's better to mock them. Since it isn't serious, humor is supposed to be here to be able to speak about tensions without tensions, then it's supposed to be a good thing. When people can't even have distance on things like this, it would show a situation is really f**ked up. In France Jews are admired because they are the 1st to make jokes on Shoah, that's this kind of thing, it's a kind of what we call 'black humor' in French, I don't think we have the monopoly on this. Though, on a side note, unfortunately Jews lose more and more their sense of humor nowadays, in a kind of 'Israeli fashion'. We had a big humorist in France, Pierre Desprosges, who enjoyed this kind of humor.

But maybe I hadn't to type all of this, just saying it wasn't serious was enough, in case I had to say it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »

I realized you were joking.  I was just saying that the solution you were proposing (the horrible militants on both sides joining together at the cost of all the good people on both sides) was not as absurd a prospect as it sounds.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »

I realized you were joking.  I was just saying that the solution you were proposing (the horrible militants on both sides joining together at the cost of all the good people on both sides) was not as absurd a prospect as it sounds.

Oh well, sorry if I overreacted, maybe it was me who missed of distance here, but well, all these interrogation marks was like if I had to justify my remark.

Well, yes, and technically that's more or less what's happening, both maintain each other in power.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 02:21:42 AM »

Not a great map. The bit of Bophuthatswana in the Orange Free State could just as easily be KwaZulu territory.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies