Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 10:15:18 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Anyone here that doesn't like Mitch Daniels?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone here that doesn't like Mitch Daniels?  (Read 1287 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:04:26 pm »
Ignore

Looking more into him I really don't like his political record or his chances of bringing enthusiasm back to a 2012 Republican Ticket. Does anyone else not like him?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 10:10:56 pm by redcommander »Logged
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:14:18 pm »
Ignore

I dislike Daniels mainly because he was hyped up here while there was nothing to back up the hype. His ties to George W. Bush are disturbing to begin with.
redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:21:24 pm »
Ignore

I dislike Daniels mainly because he was hyped up here while there was nothing to back up the hype. His ties to George W. Bush are disturbing to begin with.

Right he just strikes me as another boring McCain-like Republican. The Republicans need someone energetic, or at least telegenic, that can take Obama down in the campaign.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 10:44:15 pm »
Ignore

Those ties to Bush have been made up for by successfully turning Indiana around and successfully running a business.

I'm Derek and I approve this message.
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 10:45:35 pm »
Ignore

Right he just strikes me as another boring McCain-like Republican. The Republicans need someone energetic, or at least telegenic, that can take Obama down in the campaign.

Yes, like Ron Paul. I don't think there's any other Republican on the horizon to break the Bush-McCain mold.
redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:33:28 am »
Ignore

Those ties to Bush have been made up for by successfully turning Indiana around and successfully running a business.

Then minus not having the Bush ties, Republicans should be turning to Mitt Romney then.
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:46 am »
Ignore

Then minus not having the Bush ties, Republicans should be turning to Mitt Romney then.

Except Mitt Romney has a mediocre record as governor. He's quite unpopular in Massachusetts.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:44:27 am »
Ignore

John Kerry was able to shake off the Hanoi Jane ties which was worse than a former 2 term president to have ties with. I mean really Bush Jr. is never going to be a factor again in an election unless he decides to run for something.

I'm Derek and I approve this message.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 07:57:49 am »
Ignore

Well and this guy is Mike Huckabee just face it.

Or at least Sarah Palin could bring entousiasm
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 07:09:17 pm »
Ignore

Matter of perspective. I don't recall him being hyped. I do recall him getting a lot of discussion. Primarily because he is not Romney/Palin/Huck/Gingrich/Paul that we have been discussing for ever.

And in my opinion, Daniels is the best you will ever get. Tongue

No Republican that has a chance at the nomination is going to seriously turn on national security and if they do, it will be a temporary head fake on one national security issue like Afghanistan. You might get rhetoric similar to that of Bush in 2000, but thats it. Welcome to the new Republican Party. Tongue

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

hcallega
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 07:22:32 pm »
Ignore

Matter of perspective. I don't recall him being hyped. I do recall him getting a lot of discussion. Primarily because he is not Romney/Palin/Huck/Gingrich/Paul that we have been discussing for ever.

And in my opinion, Daniels is the best you will ever get. Tongue

No Republican that has a chance at the nomination is going to seriously turn on national security and if they do, it will be a temporary head fake on one national security issue like Afghanistan. You might get rhetoric similar to that of Bush in 2000, but thats it. Welcome to the new Republican Party. Tongue

Right. Both parties are going to be interventionist for the near future, for better or for worse. Neither party will nominate someone who appears to oppose the War on Terror or international organizations.

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America."-President William Jefferson Clinton
"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America there is the United States of America."-Senator Barack Obama
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »
Ignore

I think my "boner" thread made it clear that I don't think much of him... at all.

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »
Ignore

eh, I have things I like and don't like about him. But I'm not excited for a 2012 run from him. I'll shrug, I'd vote for him. I'd volunteer if he's the nominee or it came down to him or Romney...but other than that nope

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 01:22:49 pm »
Ignore

No thanks.

Except Mitt Romney has a mediocre record as governor. He's quite unpopular in Massachusetts.

^^^^

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 04:02:52 pm »
Ignore

Me

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 07:46:19 pm »
Ignore

I see Mitch as a strong VP candidate.  Guys that look good on paper and can help in Swing states.  Other strong VP contenders are Petreaus, Thune, Hutchinson.  But a smart VP pick will help win Ohio and even Santorum might be able to do that. 

But Mitch doesn't have a large personality.  He's the Republican version of Evan Bayh, boring mid-westerner with a good political resume but no one is excited to vote for him outside of Indiana.  Mitch could win Iowa and grind out a national campaign against Obama, but at this point he's not Bill Clinton and doesn't have GWBush's family name recognition to win voters.  He's not even a War Hero like McCain or Kerry. 

Sadly, Romney could win the nomination by Default because everyone is 2nd tier.  But Romney's barely above 2nd tier himself, with a very small base somewhere in michigan, utah, and NH.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »
Ignore

I see Mitch as a strong VP candidate.  Guys that look good on paper and can help in Swing states.  Other strong VP contenders are Petreaus, Thune, Hutchinson.  But a smart VP pick will help win Ohio and even Santorum might be able to do that. 

But Mitch doesn't have a large personality.  He's the Republican version of Evan Bayh, boring mid-westerner with a good political resume but no one is excited to vote for him outside of Indiana.  Mitch could win Iowa and grind out a national campaign against Obama, but at this point he's not Bill Clinton and doesn't have GWBush's family name recognition to win voters.  He's not even a War Hero like McCain or Kerry. 

Sadly, Romney could win the nomination by Default because everyone is 2nd tier.  But Romney's barely above 2nd tier himself, with a very small base somewhere in michigan, utah, and NH.

Pretty much this.  It's a better idea for Daniels to be a VP candidate and run later on.  Nevertheless he still has a high chance though.

"Human beings are not much. But they may still be much more."
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 06:22:05 pm »
Ignore

Mitch also doesn't really want to run for President unlike the other contenders.  If he really wanted it, he could do well, its about having the passion for the national campaign.
Pope Callixtus IV
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 09:36:11 pm »
Ignore

No thanks.

^^^^

Yes, Mitt Romney is a well-yesterday news. Deal with it, hacks.
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 12:39:17 am »
Ignore

No thanks.

^^^^

Yes, Mitt Romney is a well-yesterday news. Deal with it, hacks.

I really think that if Romney is the GOP presidential nominee, we will see a 3rd party made up of Christian Tea Party members.  Romney has strength in the 3 states of Michigan, NH, and Nevada, and nowhere else.  He represents Wall Street I-bankers who fleeced the economy.  He has no military record and he's a radical mormon. 
GOP732

P
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 01:52:06 pm »
Ignore

I dont like his hair. Sorry somebody had to say it.
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 12:42:23 am »
Ignore

I dont like his hair. Sorry somebody had to say it.

Doesn't he dye his hair?  but so did reagan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout