Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 09:02:44 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Excessively degrading the quality of discourse should be a bannable offense
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Excessively degrading the quality of discourse should be a bannable offense  (Read 2122 times)
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2010, 02:51:01 am »
Ignore

I refer to things like this:

Those weapons inspectors were in Saddam's pocket the entire time.

Why do say that?  Because they couldn't find WMD's that weren't there?

No the weapons were there. Why haven't you heard about that?

Everyone may be entitled to their own opinion, but there's no reason for the rest of us to be subjected to it.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 02:56:18 am »
Ignore

X   Cubby

Hearing scattered reports of de Blasio supporters rounding up Kulaks on Wall Street and executing them in the streets.
It's always nice to see white people claim distant lands.
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 04:50:30 am »
Ignore

So should breaking into other people's accounts, but we can't all get what we want.

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:12:07 am »
Ignore

X Antonio V

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 10:46:23 am »
Ignore

I prefer that to those who post 80+% of their posts on the Forum and Off Topic Boards.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 12:40:20 pm »
Ignore

Inconsistent with Dave's vision of the site.

Unfortunately.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
President Mitt
Giovanni
YaBB God
Samoa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 01:24:21 pm »
Ignore

I refer to things like this:

Those weapons inspectors were in Saddam's pocket the entire time.

Why do say that?  Because they couldn't find WMD's that weren't there?

No the weapons were there. Why haven't you heard about that?

Everyone may be entitled to their own opinion, but there's no reason for the rest of us to be subjected to it.

X Giovanni

I prefer that to those who post 80+% of their posts on the Forum and Off Topic Boards.

X Giovanni

[This space is available for purchase]
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 04:06:37 pm »
Ignore

So should breaking into other people's accounts, but we can't all get what we want.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 03:26:03 am »
Ignore

How one perceives the ''quality of discourse" on here to be is 100% subjective.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 10:43:08 pm »
Ignore

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120512

"and Obama supporter"

I completely concur with Xahar. Whenever I read things like that post I think of this thread. Consistent stupidity should be a justification for banning.

Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
YaBB God
Faroe Islands

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:27 pm »
Ignore

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120512

"and Obama supporter"

I completely concur with Xahar. Whenever I read things like that post I think of this thread. Consistent stupidity should be a justification for banning.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/25/fidel-castro-applauds-passage-obamas-health-care-overhaul/

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/26/castros-stinging-endorsement/

"If Nixon wins our revolution won't last"- Castro, 1960

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:50:37 pm »
Ignore

Oh please. The hilarious part of your post was the fact that you used the implication that Obama was beloved by communists (and that's exactly what the point of the entire thread was to begin with) from a news link that featured Castro criticizing the United States.

Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
YaBB God
Faroe Islands

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 10:57:06 pm »
Ignore

right as always. EXCEPT that I started the thread to criticize the MSM for still reporting what this poster says. I wouldn't wish death on anyone on earth except for him. There is a special place in hell for this man who has oppressed and killed millions, and has turned this potential world power into a backwater communist fiefdom.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:08:27 pm by Dave Leip »Logged

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »
Ignore

right as always. EXCEPT that I started the thread to criticize the MSM for still reporting what this poster says. I wouldn't wish death on anyone on earth except for him. There is a special place in hell for this man who has oppressed and killed millions, and has turned this potential world power into a backwater communist fiefdom.

And randomly trying to tie Obama to him in any way you can is of course totally relevant and appropriate for the topic.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:47:42 am by Dave Leip »Logged

Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
YaBB God
Faroe Islands

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 11:01:38 pm »
Ignore

And randomly trying to tie Obama to him in any way you can is of course totally relevant and appropriate for the topic.

I remove it and everyone feels better.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:47:54 am by Dave Leip »Logged

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 11:04:17 pm »
Ignore

This thread is yet another reason why this board needs a mod.  Please, Dave - for the good of humanity.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 11:09:36 pm »
Ignore

But Inks, if you remove the Ban threads and the gimmick threads, there will be nothing on this board but useful threads discussing new features, and that would be boring.

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 11:12:45 pm »
Ignore

But Inks, if you remove the Ban threads and the gimmick threads, there will be nothing on this board but useful threads discussing new features, and that would be boring.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 04:23:04 am »
Ignore

You have excessively degraded the quality of discourse in this thread.

It is with the utmost regret that I must ask for your immediate removal from this forum by means of banning.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 04:27:00 am »
Ignore

You have excessively degraded the quality of discourse in this thread.

It is with the utmost regret that I must ask for your immediate removal from this forum by means of banning.

It won't work if you don't start a thread.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 04:35:20 am »
Ignore

Done.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 04:43:16 am »
Ignore

Oh, wow.  He's skating on thin ice now.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:38 am »
Ignore

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 09:35:06 pm »
Ignore

X BRTD

Hamilton's sock here provides a great example.

I will note that mods have told me that have deleted or given infractions to Libertas for basically doing this with his many posts where he merely states his opinion as if it were fact with absolutely nothing to back it up or attempts to "debate" other posters by doing this and merely dismissing their arguments by stating that they are wrong with nothing to back it up as well. Basically what Derek did in the first noted post.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout