Exercise Routine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:45:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Exercise Routine
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Exercise Routine  (Read 1003 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2010, 03:14:21 AM »

With the threads on weight I decided to start one on an exercise routine.

First, do you exercise, and if you do exercise, do you have a routine you try to stick to and if so what is it?  Or do you just do whatever?

Not sure how good it is, as I have only been doing it for about 2 weeks (though it seems to be good so far) with pretty much just using dumbbells and sit ups.

I have been doing bicep curls, tricep extensions, shoulder press, chest fly, squats

For the upper body I will do two days one one day off, for example

Day 1.  Bicep Curls, Tricep Extensions,
Day 2.  Bicep Curls, Tricep Extensions, Shoulder Press & chest fly
Day 3  Shoulder Press & Chest fly,
Repeat

For the squats its just one day on one day off

I tend to do a total of 10 sets of each exercise, typically it will be two sets back to back followed by a little rest and so on, each set consisting of 12-15 reps (I add a few more reps with the shoulder press as I change hand angles)

Every day I finish with some sit-ups (using the Iron Gym to keep my feet in line) do about 5 sets 30-35 sit-ups in each set.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:58 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2010, 12:30:28 PM by Torie »

Tuesday:  Go to gym to arrive at 3:45 pm.  20 minutes on treadmill at 4.4 miles per hour, with a 2.5% incline. 5 minutes on rowing machine. 20 minutes doing various stretching protocols, including something called "walkouts" where you engage in various contortions. 50 minutes with a trainer. Many of the exercises involve getting my muscles to both push or pull, and balance at the same time, including lunges, and putting one foot on a high chair that is about 3 feet up or something, and then having to step up with my other leg, and a bunch of stuff for rubber ropes, and then some stuff where I am kind of tied up, and work on certain muscles I want to work on in the more intimate areas of my body. (I told the trainer what I wanted to emphasize; I tell him everything. Smiley) I usually do 3 or 4 sets of each item, 8-12 reps each depending. Trainer then stretches me on a table for 10 minutes. Leave gym around 5:20 pm.

Thursday: Same as Tuesday

Sunday: Go to gym near my house, and do the same initial protocols, and then lift weights mostly myself, 3 sets of each, 12 reps. I also do crunches until my stomach is really hurting, 3 times (about 25 per set), and use a machine where I am at an angle with my head near the floor, pushing up about 250 pounds of weight (very sensual), and use other machines to work on specific muscle groups. I finish off with the bench press, 10 reps, 3 sets, trying to use perfect form, and not let the weight bar wobble at all, with the bar going straight down touching my chest, and then shove it up as for as my arms can reach. Also very sensual - I love it!   The whole process takes about 3 hours.

I do the above rather religiously. It is a top priority for me.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:28:13 PM »

Mine's physical labour.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »

Jog for at least 1 mile per day. Walk around the same.

Will start lifting weights in 1.5 weeks.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »

Schmutzig kommunistischen... um... der das die!

My routine varies.  Usually, I just concern myself with getting a pedometer goal (10k, 15k, 20k steps a day depending on my fitness at the time) along with some pushups and situps.  Nothing fancy.

If I do go to the gym, I usually do circuit machines instead of free weights--which I highly recommend--two sets: first set at the highest weight I can do, second set at 20% reduced weight.  Or if I feel like cardio, I do elliptical (much smoother on the joints than treadmills) for 35-65 minutes.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 04:26:32 PM »

1. Sit around and do nothing
2. Repeat again and again
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 07:04:12 PM »

Just back from the gym. I can put my hand on my upper arms and shoulders, and they feel warm from the well worked muscles. It's great!  Smiley
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 12:21:13 AM »

Every day I run 4 miles and do three sets each of 50 sit-ups and 30 pushups in the morning.  Monday and Friday afternoon is arms, chest and back with different exercises every two weeks.  Tuesday and Saturday afternoon is legs and core.  That I pretty much do the same thing every week: Barbell reverse lunges, dumbbell calf raises, glute bridge march, side plank, single leg lower.  I take Mondays and Saturdays off sometimes, too.  Diet is half the battle though.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 10:52:10 AM »

I will have to ask my trainer about the reverse lunges thing. I can finally do forward ones in just about perfect form now, with my back knee hitting the ground, and the forward knee behind the center point of my foot, centered on my heel. It is not easy.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »

I will have to ask my trainer about the reverse lunges thing. I can finally do forward ones in just about perfect form now, with my back knee hitting the ground, and the forward knee behind the center point of my foot, centered on my heel. It is not easy.

Yeah, they're good, but rough.  Once you get your balance and weight right, they'll buuuuurn like no other. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 09:00:08 PM »

30-35 minutes on the treadmill which results in about 4 miles give or take 4 times a week. Then I do curls, planks, leg press, squats, bench (both incline and decline as well). The most painful things are those ab pullup type things. I really don't remember the name of them though. I'm not good at actually planning out which days to do what. I suspect if I took the time to do that, I'd see even better results. My bench has increased 15 pounds in the 3 weeks I went back to regular lifting. Diet is also important too. Stay away from processed foods, simple carbs and drink tons of water. Sweet tea is my obvious weakness in this area.

Fezzz, I remember doing lunges once, but I felt like a woman when I did. How can I overcome my fears? Tongue
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »

I do like a mile jog at the track at the end of my road, and if I go to the gym, I will do about an hour jog on the eliptical, than just do weights for about an hour, than another 20 minutes or so speed walk on the treadmill.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »

30-35 minutes on the treadmill which results in about 4 miles give or take 4 times a week. Then I do curls, planks, leg press, squats, bench (both incline and decline as well). The most painful things are those ab pullup type things. I really don't remember the name of them though. I'm not good at actually planning out which days to do what. I suspect if I took the time to do that, I'd see even better results. My bench has increased 15 pounds in the 3 weeks I went back to regular lifting. Diet is also important too. Stay away from processed foods, simple carbs and drink tons of water. Sweet tea is my obvious weakness in this area.

Fezzz, I remember doing lunges once, but I felt like a woman when I did. How can I overcome my fears? Tongue

Lunges help the muscles work better that you want to work as well as possible when in bed Duke. I told my trainer, that I wanted him to really emphasize those muscles myself, and the flexibility of the relevant joints. I can be a very practical and blunt man sometimes, when I know what I want. I call them F exercises with my trainer. Some of the exercises that I do with my trainer, and now on my own, may be too salacious to describe in detail in a "family friendly" forum. Smiley 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »

Well, if you frame it in that manner, I suppose doing lunges here and there would only benefit me, huh? I guess I'll be hitting them hard first tomorrow after my run! New frontiers are always exciting. Cheesy
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 11:52:58 PM »

Well, if you frame it in that manner, I suppose doing lunges here and there would only benefit me, huh? I guess I'll be hitting them hard first tomorrow after my run! New frontiers are always exciting. Cheesy

Trust the old man on this one Duke. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies