Democrats on Iraq
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:38:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats on Iraq
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democrats on Iraq  (Read 6033 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:24:26 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4JRMkm4hg&feature=related

What changed other than the political aspects? What a bunch of hypocrites! How stupid do they think we are? Do they not think we remember?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:41:13 AM »

Since when has it been in doubt that ALL politicians are opportunistic, shallow, and deeply hypocritical beings?  It's not a particularly Democratic attribute nor is it confined to the Iraq War debate.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:44:27 AM »

Since when has it been in doubt that ALL politicians are opportunistic, shallow, and deeply hypocritical beings?  It's not a particularly Democratic attribute nor is it confined to the Iraq War debate.

I'm just saying since Iraq seems to be the hot button issue of the decade. Both parties seemed to take the opposite side of what they were really on. What is your point of pointing out that "ALL" politicians are opportunistic? Does that make it right? I agree that MOST politicians are like that. I'm just glad that Bush gave peace a chance instead of darting in.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 01:49:10 AM »

It's like reminding us that blue cars are indeed cars.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:54:52 AM »

I'm just saying since Iraq seems to be the hot button issue of the decade. Both parties seemed to take the opposite side of what they were really on. What is your point of pointing out that "ALL" politicians are opportunistic? Does that make it right? I agree that MOST politicians are like that. I'm just glad that Bush gave peace a chance instead of darting in.

Oh yeah, Bush definitely gave peace a chance in Iraq by starting an unnecessary war there.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »

Oh yeah, Bush definitely gave peace a chance in Iraq by starting an unnecessary war there.

Your party backed him up.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »

Why is this surprising to you?

The Democrats love war, it's part of their tradition. They only feigned opposition to the Iraq war during election years after Bush's war became unpopular.
cpeeks
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 04:28:38 PM »

Bush darted straight into Iraq. I remember when I was at Fort Jackson in May 2002, one of NCO'S flat out made the statement that we would be going to war in the winter/spring of 2003. The Bush administration knew from the time they took office they were going to war in Iraq. Remember that nsc advisor who resigned and said on the night of 9/11 Bush pacing saying find me a link between this and Iraq, and him saying Mr. President there is no link.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:18 PM »

Since when has it been in doubt that ALL politicians are opportunistic, shallow, and deeply hypocritical beings?  It's not a particularly Democratic attribute nor is it confined to the Iraq War debate.

Not the whole party. Just the cowards who fell for Bush's lies.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »

The Democrats love war, it's part of their tradition. They only feigned opposition to the Iraq war during election years after Bush's war became unpopular.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »

Since when has it been in doubt that ALL politicians are opportunistic, shallow, and deeply hypocritical beings?  It's not a particularly Democratic attribute nor is it confined to the Iraq War debate.

The Scoop Jackson wing of the Democratic party, you mean.

And no, they didn't "fall for Bush's lies", they were themselves part of the lying propaganda machine.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »

The Scoop Jackson wing of the Democratic party, you mean.

And no, they didn't "fall for Bush's lies", they were themselves part of the lying propaganda machine.

Thank you Libertas.
cpeeks
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 08:07:19 AM »

They were basically forced into voting for it because there was such a fear factor taking place and by voting against the war they would have been seen as weak on defense.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 11:39:13 AM »

Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 03:36:15 PM »

They were basically forced into voting for it because there was such a fear factor taking place and by voting against the war they would have been seen as weak on defense.

So? Was that the right thing to do according to you? How would you have voted?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »

I'm 99% sure cpeeks would have voted against the war. I would have as well.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

Is your name cpeeks?
cpeeks
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »

Without a shadow of a doubt I would have voted against the war in Iraq, I was in the army at the time and knew then that it was bs.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

Is your name cpeeks?

No. But I was correct about how he would have voted.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »

Lol Chris Dodd the debate is over. Just like your career.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »

Sorry, what's that supposed to prove? That rank-and-file Democrats are gullible fools?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 10:54:28 PM »

Point being: Saying that Democrats love war is a retarded statement that goes against reality. Democrats in the USA are obviously going to be more hawkish than the average European but they don't love war. From the start there was significant opposition towards the Iraq War among the Democratic base.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »

Point being: Saying that Democrats love war is a retarded statement that goes against reality. Democrats in the USA are obviously going to be more hawkish than the average European but they don't love war. From the start there was significant opposition towards the Iraq War among the Democratic base.

The Mexican-American War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, all initiated by Democrats.

Every Democrat in the Senate and all but one in the House voted for the Afghanistan war. The majority of Senate Democrats voted for the Iraq war, including Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, as well as a substantial percentage of Democrats in the House.

The Democrats have controlled Congress since 2006 and the White House since 2008. We are still in Iraq and we are escalating the war against Afghanistan.

So, sorry, the idea that the Democratic party is an anti-war party is just ridiculous. If it were, I'd have joined.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »

I'm not talking about the leaders of the Democratic Party, the history of the Democratic Party or Congressmen of the Democratic Party, just the base. Yes the DLC leadership of the Democrats is certainly more interventionist on foriegn policy than the base, but there will always be a wing of the Democrats that is extremely anti-war.

Also what the hell does the Democratic Party of the 1840s have anything to do with the Democratic Party of today?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies