CA: Ipsos: Boxer still the favorite in the senate race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:36:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA: Ipsos: Boxer still the favorite in the senate race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Ipsos: Boxer still the favorite in the senate race  (Read 1551 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »

New Poll: California Senator by Ipsos on 2010-6-30

Summary: D: 45%, R: 41%, I: 0%, U: 13%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:09:34 PM »

This isn't safe by any means, but I think Boxer will pull it off.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »

Indeed. I am actually starting to warm up to Fiorina. I probably still won't vote for her, but I'll be a little sad to see her lose.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »

Indeed. I am actually starting to warm up to Fiorina. I probably still won't vote for her, but I'll be a little sad to see her lose.

You too? I thought she gave a real good interview on FNS. She had a good response to the outsourcing of jobs and her poor record at HP which was to blame the tech bubble bursting and gov't policies encouraging outsourcing. All nicely shielded in talk of "rough times" and making "tough decisions" due to those "rough times".

She also was pretty hard hitting about the water being cut off to the farmers, so she might overperform a little in those areas, however, you need more then that to win CA. Much more.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »

You too? I thought she gave a real good interview on FNS. She had a good response to the outsourcing of jobs and her poor record at HP which was to blame the tech bubble bursting and gov't policies encouraging outsourcing. All nicely shielded in talk of "rough times" and making "tough decisions" due to those "rough times".

She also was pretty hard hitting about the water being cut off to the farmers, so she might overperform a little in those areas, however, you need more then that to win CA. Much more.

The Democrats going after her for the massive layoffs HP went through under her watch offended my sensibilities. I mean, you have to trim the fat when things get rough & scale back; that much is basic. I would deeply question her judgment if she hadn't issued significant numbers of pink slips.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »

Yeah, it's kind of scary that she is even that close. Both of them seem like such mega-bitches on a personal level but Fiorina seems like one of the few people who is actually even more grating to listen to than Boxer is.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 01:42:49 AM »

Yeah, it's kind of scary that she is even that close. Both of them seem like such mega-bitches on a personal level but Fiorina seems like one of the few people who is actually even more grating to listen to than Boxer is.

It's nice to see you've found your rationalization for supporting an indefensible incumbent.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 01:49:13 AM »

It's nice to see you've found your rationalization for supporting an indefensible incumbent.

Yeah, I find it offensive that a liberal Democrat is having to settle for supporting the liberal Democrat in this race.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 03:44:58 AM »

Yeah, I find it offensive that a liberal Democrat is having to settle for supporting the liberal Democrat in this race.

My point is that people often claim to dislike certain members of their own party in order to seem fair and independent when in fact they will always revert back to supporting their party's nominees for any office.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »

In what way is supporting Boxer indefensible?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 01:13:44 AM »

My point is that people often claim to dislike certain members of their own party in order to seem fair and independent when in fact they will always revert back to supporting their party's nominees for any office.

How did Eraserhead seem fair and independent?  It's pretty clear that he would support Boxer from the outset, despite having a poor opinion of her personally.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 01:41:09 PM »

The "fair and independent" crowd is getting very thin on the ground these days, Joe. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies