Romney vs. Clinton 2008 and Beyond (COMPLETE!!!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:17:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Romney vs. Clinton 2008 and Beyond (COMPLETE!!!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: How Long Does This TL Last?
2008-2016
2008-2024
2008-2032
FOREVER!!!!
DESTROY IT
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Romney vs. Clinton 2008 and Beyond (COMPLETE!!!)  (Read 16268 times)
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »

Arkansas voted for Clinton in a slimmer margin than expected (52.3%-46.1%).
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 11:28:08 PM »

Well your map says it voted for Romney.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »

(NOTE: Still can't put pictures....sorry.)

November 20, 2008
President-elect Clinton and Vice-President-elect Obama resign their Senate seats and meet with President Cheney at the White House. Later, they prepare a press release:
Although many of us disagreed with the late President Bush's policies, we will regret his death, and will try our hardest to execute the smoothest transition of power possible.

November 2008
Treasury Secretary: Robert Reich
Director, National Economic Council: Larry Sommers
Director, OMB: Ed Rendell
Chair, Council of Economic Advisors: Christina Romer

December 2008
State Secretary: Joe Biden
Defense Secretary: Robert Gates
Attorney General: Jon Corzine
DHS Secretary: Janet Napalitano
UN Ambassador: Bill Richardson
Energy Secretary: Steven Chu
Interior Secretary: Ken Salazar
EPA Administrator: Carol Browner
Trade Rep: Ron Kirk
HUD Secretary: Shaun Donovan
Agriculture Secretary: Tom Vilsack
Education Secretary: Margaret Spellings
Transportation Secretary: Rodney Slater
Labor Secretary: Andy Stern
VA Secretary: Eric Shinseki
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2010, 12:00:38 AM by Nick Allman for President 2032 »

Well your map says it voted for Romney.

Yes, I made a few errors, but Arkansas voted for Clinton That would make the final results (as of November 19, 2008) 254-284. You didn;t mention this, but I added Oklahoma's votes way late and said it was "pretty close." I' not no genius, but I've gotten the major bugs out, except that Internet Explorer won't let me post pics. I also misspelled "Louisianna" and a lot of other words, I'm sure. Not to mention grammar................
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 11:53:09 PM »

I don't like the result, but hey it's going pretty good and I enjoy reading it.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. What about President Bush's death? NO ONE has responded to that at all on this forum............
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 12:19:19 AM »

Thanks for your vote of confidence. What about President Bush's death? NO ONE has responded to that at all on this forum............

Well, I think it was pretty crazy. It also would have had more effect on the election if it happened before. Romney landslide. Wink
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »

Well, I think it was pretty crazy. It also would have had more effect on the election if it happened before. Romney landslide. Wink

I read an article saying that "distressed Iraq War veteran Asa Seeley, 26" attempted to assassinate President Bush on that date. So I thought, "What if that really worked out......?"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 10:19:20 AM »

January-February 2009:
HHS Secretary: Ted Kennedy
Commerce: Chuck Schumer

January 19, 2009
PRESIDENT CHENEY DEAD[/b]
President Dick Cheney suffered a fall and broke his neck while moving boxes into his new house. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has resigned and been sworn in as the first female President of the United States of America.

January 20, 2009
Hillary Clinton is sworn in as the 46th President of the United States: We have seen a lot in the past year or so: two wars, a stagnant economy, a disputed election, and the deaths of two U.S. Presidents, who will both be dearly missed. But as Americans, we need to come together in these hectic times. Franklin Delano Roosevelt stood here on March 4, 1933, in this very same place, and said that all we have to fear is fear itself. I shall proclaim that as well: all we have to fear is fear itself, for we are Americans, and as such, we shall overcome.

Most agree that President Clinton's inaugural address was one of the best in history.

January 22, 2009
President Clinton signs an address closing down Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Detention Center.

February 25, 2009
President Clinton signs the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, a $787 billion stimulus package to reinvirograte the economy.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 04:26:54 PM »

Guys? Please comment, critisize me, throw out some ideas....don't leave me alone!!!!

ALSO, what if I just skipped ahead to November of 2010, during the midterms, then follow the 2012 presidential campaign?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »

I fear for the people of fantasy America
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »

I fear for the people of fantasy America

I know! All their Presidents die!
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »

Bump for future use - 2010 Midterm elections soon. Also, keep commenting. I like to be critisized.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »

Interesting.  It will be neat to see how the midterms turn out in this scenario, how Iraq and Afghanistan progress, what happens in North Korea, Yemen, and Somalia, etc. etc. etc.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

Interesting.  It will be neat to see how the midterms turn out in this scenario, how Iraq and Afghanistan progress, what happens in North Korea, Yemen, and Somalia, etc. etc. etc.

Hillary withdraws from Iraq and pulls an Obama in Aghanistan. North Korea has nukes and is still very much a threat. She sends 7,000 troops to Yemen to knock out Al-Qaeada (successfully) and sends 5,000 troops to Somalia for the same purpose (also successfully).

She is judged as a success in foreign policy, but the economy still sucks. Healthcare passed and she is now working on Cap & Trade. Midterms are pretty much going to same way as they are now.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 02:48:16 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2010, 10:32:22 AM by Nick Allman for President 2032 »

Midterm Elections, 2009[/b]

NJ Governor: Chris Christie (R)
VA Governor: Bob McDonnell (R)

Midterm Elections, 2010[/b]

House: 221 Democrats and 214 Republicans

Senate: 52 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and 3 Independents (GOP pick ups in WA, CA, NV, CO, AR, IL, WI, OH, PA, DE, NY, NH, and CT; Crist wins in FL)

Governorships: 32 Republicans, 17 Democrats, 1 Independent (GOP picks up OR, NM, CO, KS, WI, MI, OH, PA, and ME; Dems pick up HI; Chaffee wins in RI)

The Republicans now have a majority in everything but the House. The new Senate Minority Leader is Chuck Schumer of New York; Senator Sharon Angle of Nevada unsuccessfully tries to upstage Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky in the fight for Majority Leader. The next post is coming soon, concerning presidential announcements from GOPers and one independent that we all know and love (guesses before I start?)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

I am in tears over the Romney loss.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 05:27:56 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2010, 06:09:32 PM by Nick Allman for President 2032 »

November 12, 2010
Senator Lyndsay Graham, the 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee, makes a speech with Mitt Romney standing at his side: I believe that I have shown outstanding leadership in the Senate, and have done what is right , even if it has cost me a few approval points here and there. Therefore, I am announcing that I wish to continue exhibiting that leadership, but this time in a different place: in the Oval Office.

November 15, 2010
Congressman Ron Paul (R-Lake Jackson, Texas) and former Governor Gary Johson (R-New Mexico) meet in Denver, Colorado, to discuss the 2012 presidential election.

November 16 2010
Gary Johnson announces that he will run for President in 2012, with the blessing of Ron Paul.

January 1, 2011
Mike Huckabee announces on his TV show that he does not plan to run for President again in 2012, but will instead stay with FOX. He says that he will decide upon an endorsement t a later date.

Several prominent Republicans gather at a joint rally with Graham, aiming to "Kick Off the New Year with Lynsday Graham." Among those who endorse him there are John McCain, Senator Joe Lieberman (I-Connecticut), Governor Lincoln Chaffee (I-Rhode Island), Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine), and Senator Olympia Snowe (R-Maine).

January 8, 2011
Mike Huckabee announces on his show that he is endorsing Graham.

January 17, 2011
Governor Nikki Haley and Senator Jim DeMint, both South Carolina Republicans, endorse Graham for President. Joining them also are Governors Haley Barbour (R-Mississippi) and Bobby Jindal (R-Louisiana).

Also, Congressman Mike Pence (R-Columbus, Indiana) announces that he is challenging Senator Graham for the nomination. He is backed by Senators Lugar and Coats, the other 5 Indiana Congressmen from the GOP, Governor Daniels, and Lt. Governor Skillman.

February 7, 2011
In a CSPAN interveiw, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says that he will definatley make a decision on whether or not to run for President by the end of the month.

February 9, 2011
Former Governor Tim Pawlenty (R-Minnesota) announces that he will be running for President in 2012.

March 1, 2011
Newt Gingrich releases the following statement: I have carefully reveiwed my options, and have decided that the best chance America has in 2012 is Mike Pence. I will not be running for President, but will instead offer my wholehearted endorsement to the Congressman.

March 15, 2011
Former Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pennsylvania) announces that he will be running for President in 2012.

May 2, 2011
The 1st GOP debate is held in Pourtsmouth, NH. Graham dominated.

June 6, 2011
The 2nd GOP debate is held in Des Moines, IA. Pawlenty dominated.

July 4, 2011
The 3rd GOP debate is held in Philidelphia, PA. Santorum did well but was outperformed by Graham.

August 1, 2011
The 4th GOP debate is held in New York, NY. Graham dominated.

September 2, 2011
Herman Cain announces in an Atlanta speech that he is running for President of the U.S. in 2012.

September 5, 2011
The 5th GOP debate is held in Tampa Bay, FL. Cain outshined all other candidates in his first performance.

September 10, 2011
Former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs announces his intentions to launch an independent candidacy for President in 2012 during an interveiw on ABC's This Week with George Stephenopholous.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »

The Oppo research teams should be having a field day with Graham. I like Dobbs running.  Not that I'd vote for him of course.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2010, 06:08:51 PM by Nick Allman for President 2032 »

September 11, 2011
Senator John Thune (R-South Dakota) releases this statement: I believe that we need to keep this nation strong. I believe that under a Clinton Administration, America is vulnerable to another sickening and terrifying attack such as 9/11. We can't afford to loose 3,000 more Americans. That is why I'm running for President.

GOP Primaries (Early/Small States)Sad
Iowa - Pawlenty (Pence drops out)
New Hampshire - Graham (Johnson drops out)
South Carolina - Graham
Nevada - Graham
Alaska - Pawlenty
Hawaii - Graham
Idaho - Graham
Montana - Graham
Wyoming - Graham
North Dakota - Thune
South Dakota - Thune
Nebraska - Pawlenty
New Mexico - Graham
Puerto Rico - Graham
U.S. Virgin Islands - Graham
American Samoa - Graham
Northern Marinara Islands - Graham
West Virginia - Graham
D.C. - Santorum
Delaware - Graham
Vermont - Graham
Rhode Island - Graham
Maine - Graham (Santorum drops out)

Now only four candidates remain: Graham, Pawlenty, Cain, and Thune. Cain has not won a primary, Thune has taken only two, and the Pawlenty campaign is faltering. Graham, who has the most support and the most money from prominent conservative groups, is going to be the nominee....or is he? The bigger states still have to have their say:

GOP Primaries (Big States)Sad
Washington - Graham
Oregon - Graham
Utah - Graham
Colorado - Graham
Kansas - Pawlenty
Oklahoma - Pawlenty
Texas - Cain
Minnesota - Pawlenty
Missouri - Cain
Arkansas - Cain
Louisiana - Cain
Wisconsin - Pawlenty
Kentucky - Graham
Mississippi - Graham
Alabama - Cain
Maryland - Graham

It seems as if Pawlenty is getting his ego back, while Thune remains a two-primary-wonder. Cain has pulled an amazing upset in the South. Will he knock Graham from his throne? Even more big states to come:

California - Cain
Arizona - Graham
Indiana - Cain (Pawlenty and Thune drop out)
Tennessee - Cain
North Carolina - Cain
Virginia - Cain
New Jersey - Cain
Connecticut - Graham
Massahusetts - Graham

Pawlenty, Thune and Santorum have donated their delegates to Herman Cain, giving him several small states and a few larger states, making him even closer to the nomination than before!!!!!!!! More primaries:

GOP Primaries (Big States, cont.)Sad
Illinois - Cain
Michigan - Graham
Ohio - Cain
Georgia - Cain
Florida - Cain
Pennsylvania - Cain
New York - Graham

BREAKING NEWS - Herman Cain, newspaper columnist, businessman, activist, and talk-radio host is the new Republican nominee for President of the United States of America!!! Graham has conceded and says that he wishes Cain well in the general election.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2010, 04:31:07 PM by Right Wing Liberal »

Herman Cain is considering one of the following as his running mate:

*Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska (on the 2008 VP shortlist)
*Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and 2012 candidate
*Tommy Thompson, former Governor of Wisconsin and 2008 candidate
*John McCain, Senator from Arizona and 2008 candidate
*Lindsay Graham, Senator from South Carolina and 2008 VP nominee
*Joe Leiberman, Senator from Connecticut
*Mitch Daniels, Governor of Indiana

Lou Dobbs is considering these running mates:

*Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska (GOP VP shortlist candidate in 2008 and 2012)
*Ron Paul, Congressman from Texas and 2008 GOP candidate
*Rand Paul, Senator from Kentucky and Ron Paul's son
*Glenn Beck, pundit and author from Connecticut
*Peter Schiff, economist from Connecticut
*Jeb Bush, former Governor from Florida

August 25, 2012
Herman Cain announces that he has chosen Mitch Daniels as his runningmate in 2012.

August 27, 2012
Lou Dobbs announces that he has chosen Sarah Palin as his runningmate in 2012.

August 27-30, 2012
The Republican National Convention is held in Tampa, Florida. Speakers include Mitt Romney and Rand Paul. Most agree that Daniels' speech was the best: Government is out of control: it's too big, too overbearing, and it's wasting money. I say we should stop it now before it's too late. Vote for Herman Cain if you relish your freedoms. Vote for Clinton and Obama if you want America to go down the drain.

September 1, 2012
There is a bustle about rumors that President Clinton will replace Vice-President Obama in 2012. The White House denies the rumors and insists that Obama is a "valuable player."

September 3-6, 2012
The Clinton-Obama ticket is renominated at the Democratic National Convention in St. Louis, MO. President Clinton says: We have accomplished a lot in four years, and we can't let Cain and Daniels throw that away. We need real leadership in these hectic times, in the form of the Clinton-Obama Administration!

September 7, 2012
Lou Dobbs and Sarah Palin hold a joint rally in Detriot. Over 10,000 people arrive, causing speculation that they will split the GOP and conservative vote.

Poll Taken September 7-10, 2012
Clinton/Obama (D) 41%
Cain/Daniels (R) 39%
Dobbs/Palin (I) 14%

Contrary to the belief of most, Dobbs seems to be a non-issue for the Republicans, who are only 2% behind Clinton.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2010, 09:16:19 PM by Right Wing Liberal »

I'M BACK AND IGNORING THE HATERS!!! Now, to the task at hand -

September 26, 2012
The first presidential debate is focused on foreign affairs. Dobbs is not admitted because he has not reached 15% in the polls. Clinton dominated. She defended her decisions to withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan, and Cain agreed with her on her humanitarian military operations around the world.

Who Won the Debate?
Clinton 54%
Cain 42%
Undecided 4%

General Polls September 26-28, 2012
Clinton/Obama 42%
Cain/Daniels 33%
Dobbs/Palin 9%

October 4, 2012
The vice-presidential debate, spread out over a number of subjects, is won by Daniels. Obama shows Graham-like numbers that disappoint most Democrats.

Who Won the Debate?
Daniels 63%
Obama 19%
Undecided 17%

General Poll October 4-6, 2012
Cain/Daniels 36%
Clinton/Obama 20%
Dobbs/Palin 12%

October 17, 2012
This debate is a town-hall. The main subject was the economy. President Clinton did weakly due to the fact that unemployment is 11%, three points higher than when she took office.

Who Won the Debate?
Cain 57%
Clinton 40%
Undecided 3%

General Poll October 17-21, 2012
Cain/Daniels (R) 43%
Clinton/Obama (D) 31%
Dobbs/Palin (I) 28%

Dobbs now qualifies for the next debate!!!!!!! Full transcript in the following post!!!!!!!!!!!
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »

Edited Transcript of the Clinton vs. Cain vs. Dobbs U.S. Presidential Debate, 2012

BOB SCHIFFER: What is your plan to fix the economy - Mr. Cain?

CAIN: I believe in the principals espoused by President Ronald Reagan - I believe that we need to cut taxes for the middle class so that people can keep more of their own money; I believe that we should cut spending so that we can contain the deficit; and I believe that we need to cut government waste and interference in business so that we can restore the accountability that has been desperately needed in the past four years.

CLINTON: I think that the middle class has seen enough of tax cuts for the rich and enough of the failed "trickle down" economic theory. Like my husband said in 1992 and 1996, we need to move to "invest and grow" economics. Yes, I am a fiscal conservative, but fiscal conservatism has its limits.

DOBBS: I have seen enough wasteful spending in government, and so have the American people, for the past twelve years, and even before that. We need tax cuts for the middle class and small businesses, the people who let this economy prosper.

BOB SCHIFFER: President Clinton, under your Administration, the deficit has been reduced by $600 billion, and will most likely go down another $250 billion next year. Do you think that you can secure a continued path to eliminate the deficit?

CLINTON: I believe that we can do that, Bob, but not with a Balanced Budget Amendment. We need to think smart about our spending - stop shoveling loads of dollars to pork projects and dead-end wars in the Middle-East. We need to prioritize our spending and use our surplus for smart things, not just tax cuts.

CAIN: I agree with President Clinton when it comes to wasteful spending. But I disagree with her when it comes to the Balanced Budget Amendment. I think that the Administration has proven that it can keep spending under control, but will the next Administration? Who knows. I think that a Balanced Budget Amendment would effectively force Congress into being responsible for once.

DOBBS: I agree with Mr. Cain. A Balanced Budget Amendment would do wonders for the economy, I think. There would be a guaranteed surplus every year if we go with the 20-80 model.

BOB SCHIFFER: Mr. Cain, can you balance the budget as President Clinton has?

CAIN: Yes. I think that we can get rid of a lot of things under the authority from the 10th Amendment - education, agriculture, entitlements, and especially earmark spending. By cutting the size of government, we can shoehorn ourselves into a lower budget, thereby being able to balance it.

CLINTON: I think that I've proven we can give equal attention to all items in the budget while balancing it at the same time. I've done it three years in a row so far, I will do it this year, and I'm planning on doing it for the next four years.

DOBBS: I agree with Mr. Cain in that we need to use the 10th Amendment to reduce the size of government and reduce the size of the budget also. Therefore, if we keep a solid tax policy, we can have enough revenue to come up with a surplus.

BOB SCHIFFER: Now, all of you have incited hateful rhetoric towards your opponents during this campaign. What do you have to say about that, Mr. Cain?

CAIN: I have never slung any mud, I have just stated the facts. President Clinton and Mr. Dobbs are the ones who have been slinging mud at me.

CLINTON: I just pointed out that neither Mr. Cain nor Mr. Dobbs have ever held office, and therefore are not familiar with the problems that I face. That's not mud slinging, that's stating the facts.

DOBBS: I have made some inflammatory statements, yes, but I stand by those statements. They may be extreme, but they are true.

BOB SCHIFFER: Why did you pick the running mate that you did, President Clinton?

CLINTON: Well, for the past 16 years, Vice-President Obama has been fighting for the American people. He knows their struggles, and he knows that they are hungry for change. Not trickle down economics, but invest-and-grow economics. Vice-President Obama is a dedicated public servant and a wonderful member of the Administration.

CAIN: Well, I picked Governor Daniels because he has also fought for change. He has solved problems wherever he's went. Look at the State of Indiana right now - they have a booming economy, a budget surplus, some of the lowest taxes in the nation, and have an ever growing population. Expand Indiana's position all over the nation and you get prosperity. Mitch is my man.

DOBBS: Governor Palin is also a renegade, someone who wants change. She did it as a member of the Wasilla Town Council, as Mayor of Wasilla, and has done it for 6 years so far as Governor. She's fought big government and corruption, and has created economic growth and coherent energy policies in Alaska.

BOB SCHIFFER: President Clinton, over the past four years, you have greatly reduced our dependence on foreign oil. Can you continue?

CLINTON: Yes, Bob, I think I can. 7% of our entire economy is now green. That's up from 2% in 2008. We have reduced our foreign oil imports by 19% over the past three years. Under the next five, America will have an estimated 17% green economy, and will import 38% less foreign oil than it did in 2008. We are well on our way to energy independence.

CAIN: I support President Clinton in her effort to reduce foreign oil imports, and I do think we can go green without going broke. We can give subsidies to companies that use green products, and we can invest research and development in solar, wind, and nuclear power.

DOBBS: I think that President Clinton has achieved great strides in this matter, and, personally, I think that any one of us could lead America towards energy independence. We need to reduce our use of unclean energies while increasing our use of green energies.

BOB SCHIFFER: President Clinton, the health care plan you signed into law in March of 2010 now has a 23% approval rating. Your approval rating was 51% before you signed it, and is now 44%. Are you sure that universal health care is the answer?

CLINTON: Yes, it is the answer. Governor Romney and I agreed on this issue in 2008, and I think that we can fit it to our budgets by the time 2014 comes. Once you get it, America, you will all love it!!! Trust me, this has been done in Massachusetts and it has worked like a charm.

CAIN: I have 7 ways to lower the cost of health insurance in the U.S. - one, allow employees to buy employee-owned health insurance accounts. Two, reduce regulations. Three, allow the purchase of insurance across state lines. Four, expand personal health savings accounts of HSA's. Five, support retail health clinics like Wal-Mart and Target. Six, implement tort reform. Seven, provide health care vouchers for the poor and chronically ill.

DOBBS: We need to repeal HillaryCare and implement real reforms such as a tax credit to buy health care and the ability to purchase care across state lines. HSA's are also a very good idea, as is tort reform. We can do a number of things with health care that will work a multitude of times better than HillaryCare.

BOB SCHIFFER: What is your stance on Roe v. Wade? We'll start with Mr. Cain...

CAIN: I am pro-life, I believe Roe v. Wade should be overturned.

CLINTON: I believe in freedom of choice.

DOBBS: Personally, I think that abortion is wrong, but I wouldn't actively challenge the ruling.

BOB SCHIFFER: Are children are our future, so how can we have a good future? By that, I mean how are we going to educate our children? President Clinton?

CLINTON: I think that the No Child Left Behind Act is an amazing start. I will work to uphold NCLB, and I would even work to improve it by passing an NCLB II. National standards are going to have to be upheld if we are going to move forward as a nation in educating our children.

CAIN: No Child Left Behind is a disaster. It hasn't improved our scores at all. Spending doesn't matter when it comes to scores. For example, Utah spends the least money per student on education in the nation, and New York spends the most - yet, their scores are nearly identical. Education isn't a big priority of mine.

DOBBS: I think that we should abolish the Department of Education and work on giving the tools to educate children to the states.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »

Final Poll November 4-6, 2012
Cain/Daniels (R) 35%
Clinton/Obama (D) 34%
Dobbs/Palin (I) 26%
Undecided 5%

I WILL GIVE PROJECTIONS AS THEY COME, NOT IN REAL TIME (THIS WILL BE UNREALISTIC IN TERMS OF TIME)

7pm -

7:30pm -

8pm -

8:30pm -

9pm -

10pm -

11pm -

PRESIDENT CLINTON HAS BEEN REELECTED
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 05:58:17 PM »

January 20, 2013
President Clinton and Vice-President Obama are both inaugurated for a second term.

Clinton Approval/Disapproval - 43/56
Obama Approval/Disapproval - 44/54

Republicans now control the House. The new Speaker is Jon Boehner (R-Ohio8).

January 21, 2013
President Clinton makes her Fourth State of the Union. She calls for unity in a time of distress.

January 22, 2013
President Clinton's Green America Act - a Cap & Trade bill - looses in the Senate after passing the House narrowly in December.

January 24, 2013
In an MSNBC interview, Vice-President Obama says he will either run for U.S. Senate in 2014 (providing that Senator Durbin retires) or for President in 2016.

January 29, 2013
Former President George Herbert Walker Bush passes away in his sleep at the age of 89.

February 2, 2013
President Clinton, Vice-President Obama, First Husband Bill Clinton, and former President Jimmy Carter speak at Bush's funeral. President Clinton says: He will be remembered as one of the kindest, greatest men to ever enter the office of President of the United States. Now, no former Republican President is still alive.

February 3, 2013
Senator Dick Durbin announces in a Chicago speech that he will be retiring from the Senate in 2014.

February 19, 2013
First Husband Bill Clinton is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He will die in 1-5 years. In a statement, he says: I've lived a good life and have very few regrets. If God takes me, I will be ready.

March 9, 2013
In a Wasilla, Alaska speech, Governor Sarah Palin announces that she will run as a Republican for U.S. Senate in 2014. She will be challenging former Senator Ted Stevens in the GOP primary.

March 10, 2013
In a joint press conference with his wife Michelle and President Clinton, Vice-President Obama announces that he will run for U.S. Senate in 2014. He is the only incumbent Vice-President to run for office in the middle of his term.

March 11, 2013
Vice-President Obama says in an interview: I'm used to making history. I'm the first African-American Vice-President, so why can't I run for Senate? I know I have obligations as Vice-President, but I feel that I have a better legislative advantage if I get back into Congress. I didn't make this decision lightly.

When asked if he will resign, he says: If I do, it'll probably be a lot later next year.

Clinton Approval/Disapproval - 41/58
Obama Approval/Disapproval - 39/59

Unemployment - 9.1% (up from 8.6% in November 2012)

March 19, 2013
President Clinton says in an interview that she is still confident in her Administration and supports Vice-President Obama's decision to run for Senate once again.

April 13-15, 2013
President Clinton visits Afghanistan and says that she is confident in her decisions there.

April 19, 2013
Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) passes away at the age of 76.

May 1, 2013
Governor Jan Brewer (R-Arizona) appoints former Congressman J.D. Hayworth to replace the late Senator McCain.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies