How would the whole world vote in 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:41:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  How would the whole world vote in 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would the whole world vote in 2012?  (Read 2182 times)
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2010, 01:04:55 AM »

In a presidential election? Obama with 21% approval in the states and a young rising Republican hero who has saved the world.

My take:

justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 01:14:31 AM »

21% approval?  The Hell?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:16:20 AM »

I never said it was realistic.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »

Scotland and N. Ireland would go Obama...
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »

Obama wins everywhere except Israel and maybe Iran (if the regime there chooses to rig the election).
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 03:22:20 PM »

Well, as I said, a lot of places would go blue because this Republican has saved their lives and their countries.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »

Well, as I said, a lot of places would go blue because this Republican has saved their lives and their countries.

No, they wouldn't. I seriously doubt Iraq and Afghanistan would go blue. Other than that, which other countries did the GOP liberate?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »

No, they wouldn't. I seriously doubt Iraq and Afghanistan would go blue. Other than that, which other countries did the GOP liberate?

They liberated the whole world from a huge missile pointed at the north pole. this would have destroyed civilization. Obama was opposed to saving it but the GOP bravely acted by themselves and saved the planet from its ultimate fate. Germany still votes Obama <80% because he showed up there one time on the campaign trail.
ComeAndTakeIt53
CalebR
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »

Everything.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »

They liberated the whole world from a huge missile pointed at the north pole. this would have destroyed civilization. Obama was opposed to saving it but the GOP bravely acted by themselves and saved the planet from its ultimate fate. Germany still votes Obama <80% because he showed up there one time on the campaign trail.

What are you talking about?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »

Bush went from 92 to the mid 20's.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 10:53:53 PM »

I think he's trying to make a point that the rest of the world holds a nonsensical prejudice against Republicans and thus even if a Republican were credited with "Saving the world", they would still be shunned by most of the world's population. -- thus, we shouldn't really be that concerned with what "the world" thinks about our politicians because they will always view Republicans through a prism of ignorance or prejudice.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 11:14:51 PM »

FWIW Angola has an ambiguously communist government.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »

I think he's trying to make a point that the rest of the world holds a nonsensical prejudice against Republicans and thus even if a Republican were credited with "Saving the world", they would still be shunned by most of the world's population. -- thus, we shouldn't really be that concerned with what "the world" thinks about our politicians because they will always view Republicans through a prism of ignorance or prejudice.

Bingo
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 12:54:45 AM »

Which is complete nonsense. George HW Bush probably would've won a worldwide election in 1988.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 04:24:22 AM »

Which is complete nonsense. George HW Bush probably would've won a worldwide election in 1988.

It's also possible he would have won in 1992 as well, with the Cold War having recently ended and the success of the Gulf War.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »

Check out this hilarious article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2008

McCain won in Cambodia, Georgia, Phillippines, Laos, Israel, and Palestinian Territories.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 09:13:09 PM »

Check out this hilarious article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_presidential_election,_2008

McCain won in Cambodia, Georgia, Phillippines, Laos, Israel, and Palestinian Territories.

I looked at the polls--Obama won Palestine. About Israel--that's self-explanable. Georgia is also due to McCain's hawkishness. As for the rest, maybe they felt McCain would have devoted more time to Asia than Obama. I honestly don't know, though.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 04:18:13 AM »

I looked at the polls--Obama won Palestine. About Israel--that's self-explanable. Georgia is also due to McCain's hawkishness. As for the rest, maybe they felt McCain would have devoted more time to Asia than Obama. I honestly don't know, though.

Nah, we're looking at different parts of the article. In the article, it says that the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion polled Palestinians and they preferred McCain. I consider localized polling to be more accurate, but of course, I could be wrong.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »

Nah, we're looking at different parts of the article. In the article, it says that the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion polled Palestinians and they preferred McCain. I consider localized polling to be more accurate, but of course, I could be wrong.

Ah, OK. I just saw the other poll. Still, I would guess that the poll above yours is more accurate, since I think Palestinians (and Arabs in general) would be attracted to Obama due to his Muslim heritage, opposition to Iraq and Bush's policies, and pro-Palestinian bias.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 07:31:09 PM »

Ah, OK. I just saw the other poll. Still, I would guess that the poll above yours is more accurate, since I think Palestinians (and Arabs in general) would be attracted to Obama due to his Muslim heritage, opposition to Iraq and Bush's policies, and pro-Palestinian bias.

True, but I would have to wonder how they would vote in 2012, and how they would have voted in 2004.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 01:16:27 AM »

True, but I would have to wonder how they would vote in 2012, and how they would have voted in 2004.

I think the Palestinian territories would vote for Obama in 2012 and would have voted for Kerry in 2004. However, I think they would have voted for Bush in 2000 due to Gore's VP pick.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies