If I were Kerry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:59:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  If I were Kerry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If I were Kerry  (Read 6746 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2004, 01:04:36 AM »

don't honestly know.  In a nation of two-hundred ninety-one people, if the best we can come up with is Albert Gore and George Bush we must retool.  But it must come naturally.  I'm not one for forcing it--that's an antiquated game plan.  Capitalism rules.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2004, 01:05:49 AM »

Entropy rules.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2004, 02:04:37 AM »

entropy is time
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2004, 04:22:23 PM »

I think it's fitting considering Hitler is my idol (other than the anti-Semitism).  Excepting that he wasn't actually Aryan (I actually am, pure as far back as anyone has records), and that he was actually half-Semitic himself.

Its weird that people refer to only one tribe of Semitic people as Semities, technically the Berbers, the Hebrews, the Arabs, the Babylonians, the Urites, the Syrians, etc are all Semitic peoples.

Hitler was bad even without anti-semitism.
dunn

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2004, 04:53:03 PM »

I think it's fitting considering Hitler is my idol (other than the anti-Semitism).  Excepting that he wasn't actually Aryan (I actually am, pure as far back as anyone has records), and that he was actually half-Semitic himself.

Its weird that people refer to only one tribe of Semitic people as Semities, technically the Berbers, the Hebrews, the Arabs, the Babylonians, the Urites, the Syrians, etc are all Semitic peoples.

even?
zachman

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2004, 05:04:23 PM »

What about the world dominance plan? You can not admire that alone. He was a ruthless dictator and a ruthless propagandist.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2004, 05:05:49 PM »

Close on the age, I wish I was that young.  Maybe I could relive those years and not f**ck up college so much.

I know what you mean...I had scholarships and passed 'em up Sad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2004, 05:26:03 PM »

even?

Yes, even if you remove his anti-semitism from the equation (which is doubtful to do...) he's still a bad guy, imo.
dunn

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2004, 05:26:47 PM »

even?

Yes, even if you remove his anti-semitism from the equation (which is doubtful to do...) he's still a bad guy, imo.

yeah i mean it is obvious
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2004, 05:27:15 PM »

He was also anti-Catholic (people don't realize this), anti-feminine men, anti-handicapped, anti-french, anti-slav... no, you'd have to give Hitler a political change, sex change, makeover and a lolly pop before you can consider him as your idol.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2004, 05:27:58 PM »

even?

yeah i mean it is obvious

Not to RightWingNut apparently, since he claims to have Hitler as an idol, minus the anti-semitism. That's what I was referring to.
zachman

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »

There are better role models out there.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2004, 05:37:05 PM »

There are better role models out there.

You THINK? Shocked

Wink

Brambilla,

I remember reading that Hitler basically bashed everything in 'Mein Kampf' except for the UK and the German soldier. He was a bit of a maniac as well sa being wrong politically.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2004, 05:57:25 PM »

Mein Kampf was a funny book.
zachman

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2004, 06:00:52 PM »

Did you just move RightWingNut, or are you foreign?
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2004, 06:04:40 PM »

I live in the DC metro area.
zachman

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2004, 06:07:15 PM »

On the Virginia side?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2004, 06:25:26 PM »

What about the world dominance plan? You can not admire that alone. He was a ruthless dictator and a ruthless propagandist.
I thought he was jipped when TIME magazine picked Genghis Kahn as Man of The Millenium, instead of Hitler.  I voted for Hitler, and he came in a close second.  TIME did explain its reasoning fairly well I thought.  Guess I was just being ethnocentric.  Still not sure if Kahn should have beat out Hitler.  
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2004, 10:48:01 PM »

I thought he was jipped when TIME magazine picked Genghis Kahn as Man of The Millenium, instead of Hitler.  I voted for Hitler, and he came in a close second.  TIME did explain its reasoning fairly well I thought.  Guess I was just being ethnocentric.  Still not sure if Kahn should have beat out Hitler.  

I seem to remember Time picked Albert Einstein as Man of the Millenium.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2004, 11:48:15 PM »

I stand corrected.  During the end of 2001, I was thinking about who should be the man of the just past century and millenium.  Time Magazaine, wrong as usual, chose Einstein and Gutenburg respectively.
dunn

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2004, 03:42:44 AM »

I seem to remember Time picked Albert Einstein as Man of the Millenium.

Einstein was Man of the century
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies