Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:19:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue  (Read 24305 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: July 02, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »

Tell Marokai Blue to be carefull if he is helping you refurnish your office, wouldn't want something bad to happen to him to prevent him from running the Senate. Evil Grin

Keep hoping. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »

Do I need a confirmation or swearing in?

For DoFA? You'll still need some Presidential action, so you'll have to wait until PS gets online to make his appointments official, but I don't think your position needs a hearing, you just need to wait for the President and then Meeker to be confirmed I think, since you also need an SoFE in place to be picked.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »

I will be introducing 9 bills once there is an elected PPT. It will be part of an "Administration Legislative Agenda" thread I will create once someone has been elected PPT, which of course looks to be BK at the moment.

There is more than one important bill in the bunch of initial proposals, much work still to be done, and plenty of game reform/forum affairs proposals in the package. (As well as the obligatory joke proposal Tongue)

Stay tuned!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »

Question to the vice president- would you like to continue daily operation of the senate or would you prefer to have me step in as president pro tempore? I am willing and able to keep the Senate functioning, if you so desire Smiley

I actually meant to PM you about that. I have no desire to run the Senate and I wanted to turn it over to you as soon as you were elected PPT, but I said nothing about it, so you had no idea I wanted you to do that. So yes, by all means Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:00:15 AM »

I'm willing to keep an open mind at the confirmation hearing, but I anticipate some difficulty here.

I have quite a hard time imagining someone as knowledgeable as Ebowed in this area, really. I have the utmost confidence in him. And if it eases your concerns at all, I personally asked him if he would keep an open mind and be more deliberative, and he did say yes. Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

Mister President, all of your cabinet appointees have been confirmed by the Senate.

I'll mark all the threads to reflect that so there's no confusion. I'll also finally post the legislative agenda thread. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »

Public Purple State has taken a much different tact than Private Purple State, apparently.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 02:01:49 AM »

GAH.

WHY IS THAT NOT CITED ANYWHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY AMENDMENTS
WHY DO NONE OF THEM HAVE DESCRIPTIONS OR ANYTHING

ah, ...proof for the ConCon if there ever was one.
I'm tired right now, I'll deal with the mess in the morning.

Hello to the need for consolidation and simplifying. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »

That's change I can believe in. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=122587.0

On your desk, m'lord. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 01:41:55 AM »

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 01:57:58 AM »

I'd just like to apologize for my lack of action today and yesterday. My grandfather was hospitalized yesterday quite suddenly. I've just been exhausted and yesterday was tending entirely to him.

I'll get back on top of things very soon. Working on legislation to further expand access to credit and further stimulate the economy.

Thanks everyone.

~Acting P. Blue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »

Once again, we gain further proof of the need for reformation of the GM position. We've been talking about it on and off since I first started in Atlasia... This is further proof that only certain talents can handle the job as it's so data driven. The job should be storyline focused with only a smattering need for data.

I disagree, we need someone who can give us data or much of what we do is pointless.

Agreed. Storylines are good, but they won't make sense without at least some basic data. I don't want the Senate to deal with completely absurd and fantastical storylines that make no sense or anything like that.

I don't really see, like Yankee, what's so difficult with just some simple sets of data once in awhile. It's really not too much to ask for, even if I do understand why people don't want to do it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »

Once again, we gain further proof of the need for reformation of the GM position. We've been talking about it on and off since I first started in Atlasia... This is further proof that only certain talents can handle the job as it's so data driven. The job should be storyline focused with only a smattering need for data.

I disagree, we need someone who can give us data or much of what we do is pointless.

Agreed. Storylines are good, but they won't make sense without at least some basic data. I don't want the Senate to deal with completely absurd and fantastical storylines that make no sense or anything like that.

I don't really see, like Yankee, what's so difficult with just some simple sets of data once in awhile. It's really not too much to ask for, even if I do understand why people don't want to do it.

I love it when I post long responses, no one ever understands what the hell I am saying.

No, I am fine with the most wild and fantastic stories and I said back in the day that PS should have the complete freedom to post whatever the hell he wanted, while YOU said no, Mr. Bluey. I want what I proposed to Al, essentially, fill out every three months the entire economics section of the CIA World Factbook from any country, preferably the US, since the categories will be the closest as will most of the data. Then the GM should be able to make up a storyline as creative and bold as he wants to explain why changes occurred, to deal with not economic events, and add some interesting twist and current events. Its pretty damn hard to do Foreign policy with a bunch of percentages and random numbers. Hence why Hashy and Ben have ran into solid brick walls as the damn SoEA.

I am perfectly fine with storylines. I just want something to actually make sense and be remotely feasible. I got a little.. well, miffed, when the whole "bombing in New Mexico" story came up, but I still played along as a Senator and worked to improve a reconstruction effort as best I could.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies