Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2014, 11:38:06 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments
| | | |-+  MA: A Bill Concerning Atlasian Internal Turmoil, & the Mideastern Response (Tab)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MA: A Bill Concerning Atlasian Internal Turmoil, & the Mideastern Response (Tab)  (Read 214 times)
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2013, 04:47:55 pm »
Ignore

A Bill Concerning Atlasian Internal Turmoil, and the Mideastern Response

1. The Government of the Mideast shall express full support for the actions of the Imperial Dominion of the South in regards to the dissolution of the Pacific Government.

2. An official military arm of the Mideast Government shall be created, heretofore referred to as the Army of the Mideast. It shall serve the Mideast's common defence and be at the disposal of the regional government in all regional military exercises.
Sponsor: Cathcon
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:58:08 pm by Inks.LWC Supports Chuck Hagel »Logged
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »
Ignore

I can't support a war between regions, and a regional army is unconstitutional.  Maybe we can have a regional guard or militia but that must be only for defensive capabilities.

" But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson WV SBE v Barnette
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:52:15 pm »
Ignore

I haven't followed what's been going on.  So, what's been going on?
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:39:39 pm »
Ignore

It's a long story but to simplify greatly the government of the Pacific Region dissolved itself and the IDS is planning on filling the power vacuum by invading and taking it over.

" But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson WV SBE v Barnette
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 08:49:17 pm »
Ignore

Well I don't think this will last long.  There's got to be some way around it.
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »
Ignore

This'll be resolved soon enough.  The Pacific can't win any case, because they'll default, as they have no one who is authorized to represent them.
Fmr. Assemblyman Njall
Njall
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 02:29:13 pm »
Ignore

This'll be resolved soon enough.  The Pacific can't win any case, because they'll default, as they have no one who is authorized to represent them.

Technically, the federal government now represents them.

But I digress.  I'm going to echo shua here, and say that I'm not opposed to the creation of a regional militia, but it must clearly be for purposes such as regional defense, search-and-rescue, and disaster relief.

The Reddest of the Red Tories
Atlasia registration: Labor Party-Maryland
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 02:38:27 pm »
Ignore

It's a long story but to simplify greatly the government of the Pacific Region dissolved itself and the IDS is planning on filling the power vacuum by invading and taking it over.

... yeah, I vetoed that bill, so that may be on hold for a while.

Malcolm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:30:49 pm »
Ignore

I urge my representatives in the Assembly to kill this bill at all costs.  I would also remind LG Cathcon that he represents the Mideast, not the IDS (no matter what position they try to bribe him with).  I would also urge the passage of legislation prohibiting Mideastern elected officials from holding rank in the armed forces of another region!  My concern is that it presents a conflict of interest.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:33:09 am by ex-Senator X »Logged

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

Christus Victor
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »
Ignore

Not only is this bill unconstitutional, but isn't it also unconstitutional for one region to invade another?  Something needs to be done in the Pacific to create a new government before the IDS can invade.

There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." -Luke 23:42
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 04:45:17 pm »
Ignore

If possible, I'd like to withdraw this bill. It was crafted in a fit of jingoistic fervor and put forward lacking detail and foresight. I do not deny my own views on the bill, but it seems like it would take a certain amount of work to properly amend so as to include military structure, and it wouldn't pass, it seems, so yeah.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 02:21:52 am »
Ignore

If possible, I'd like to withdraw this bill. It was crafted in a fit of jingoistic fervor and put forward lacking detail and foresight. I do not deny my own views on the bill, but it seems like it would take a certain amount of work to properly amend so as to include military structure, and it wouldn't pass, it seems, so yeah.

I believe that this is the right thing to do. Thank you, Lt. Governor.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout