Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 05:36:12 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Midwest Universal Alțing Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: Midwest Universal Alțing Official Thread  (Read 53017 times)
Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: October 28, 2012, 08:47:58 am »
Ignore

Damn, I forgot to open the doors.

Pope of the Northeast Catholic Church
Sovereign of the Papal Boats
Former Drunkard
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:20 pm »
Ignore

The doors are unlocked now and I strongly recommend reading this post! *bump*

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 10, 2012, 08:44:21 am »
Ignore

All right...

Quote from: Midwest Regional Kommissær Kalwejt
[b
The Cake Cross Establishment Act[/b]

1. The Cake Cross (CC) shall be awarded by the Most Serene Republic of Midwest for an especially meritorious contribution to the Region.
2. The Cake Cross shall not be awarded to an individual more than once.
3. Recipients of the Cake Cross shall be entitled to a free cake of their choice once per every month on the Region's expense.
4. The Cake Cross can be awarded to an active Midwest citizen as well as posthumously (to those who are no longer active).
5. The Regional Kommissær shall nominate candidates for the Cake Cross, along with specific citation.
6. The nominees shall be awarded upon a written confirmation by the Wisard Extraordinær.
7. The Cake Cross insignia shall be determined by a separate legislation.

Debate.

Former Drunkard
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51:20 am »
Ignore

I support this.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 10, 2012, 04:21:35 pm »
Ignore

A lovely cause, but we are sure that we do not want the Midwest's people involved in this via some sort of Alțing vote?

“The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can”

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 10, 2012, 04:55:36 pm »
Ignore

A lovely cause, but we are sure that we do not want the Midwest's people involved in this via some sort of Alțing vote?

If you want to propose an amendment... Grin

Former Drunkard
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 10, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »
Ignore

Oh, very well, Kal. I'll give you the activity you so devilishly want out of us. Wink

I propose this amendment:

The Cake Cross Establishment Act

1. The Cake Cross (CC) shall be awarded by the Most Serene Republic of Midwest for an especially meritorious contribution to the Region.
2. The Cake Cross shall not be awarded to an individual more than once.
3. Recipients of the Cake Cross shall be entitled to a free cake of their choice once per every month on the Region's expense.
4. The Cake Cross can be awarded to an active Midwest citizen as well as posthumously (to those who are no longer active).
5. The Regional Kommissær shall nominate candidates for the Cake Cross, along with specific citation.
6. The nominee shall be put up to a vote in the Alțing, conducted by the Regional Kommissær, and requiring 2/3 support for approval (abstentions do not count as "nay"s).
7. The nominees shall be awarded upon a written confirmation by the Wisard Extraordinær.
8. The Cake Cross insignia shall be determined by a separate legislation.

It's a bit of a clunky/wordy mess, as my legislation writing skills are a tad rusty now, but maybe a fine gent will suggest cleaner verbage or you lovely people will accept it just the way Dave made it.

“The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can”

Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 11, 2012, 07:06:01 am »
Ignore

I accept the amendment as friendly.

Former Drunkard
ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 12, 2012, 11:30:43 am »
Ignore

A lovely idea.

ilikeverin

We should discuss the best way to bring immigrants to the Most Serene Republic.

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 12, 2012, 07:11:30 pm »
Ignore

I guess we can vote already.

Grin

Former Drunkard
ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 12, 2012, 08:28:49 pm »
Ignore

Grin

No; propositions can only be voted in at the same time as elections for other executive offices every other month.

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 12, 2012, 08:40:47 pm »
Ignore

Grin

No; propositions can only be voted in at the same time as elections for other executive offices every other month.
Oooooo, we'll have quite the ballot come then.

Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 12, 2012, 08:47:22 pm »
Ignore

Does the Prime Verinship still exist? Or has it been replaced by those two new positions? I know I'm from the Pacific, so this will be my only comment Tongue

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 13, 2012, 02:25:48 pm »
Ignore

Does the Prime Verinship still exist? Or has it been replaced by those two new positions? I know I'm from the Pacific, so this will be my only comment Tongue

The Wisard Extraordinær is a ceremonial head of state.

The Regional Kommissær is a head of government.

Former Drunkard
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 18, 2012, 08:11:10 pm »
Ignore

Hey everyone. We ought to make a push for some of the funds which I have to hand out as SoIA; also, we need to pick where our regional university is going. For the former I have not a proposal; for the latter, I propose Bismarck, Serenity out of complete homerism. I'll leave below the official text I've been sending all of the legislatures, just so it's out there. When decisions are made, I'd like to have Kal give me the official requests in my Government Board official office.

Pardon my interruption everyone, but I just wanted to inform all that, given the change in power and the amount of time passed, I am giving an additional 48 hours to all regions to formally request a portion of the $8 billion from the Transportation Infrastructure Investment Act for the "repair, expansion, or construction of rapid bus lines in metropolitan areas", or to modify the request which was made of the former SoIA. Should you all wish to make any request or modification, please let me know in my Official Department Office.

Furthermore, in order to grant a regional university to the Pacific region, I need an official request of location from the regional government. Either I have missed your previous request (which is quite possible) or you have yet to make one. Either way, when a decision is reached (keeping in mind that it is to be in a place of economic struggle that would benefit from such a project), please let me know in the same official office. Thank you!

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: November 20, 2012, 05:25:04 pm »
Ignore

Even though I am no longer a member of this fine institution, if I do not get word of a new proposal or affirmation of my proposal when I was a legal member of Bismarck, Serenity, for the regional university, then I shall, as SoIA officially approve my own recommendation. Thanks gang! Cheesy

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 24, 2012, 10:38:24 pm »
Ignore

This is a reminder to the Midwest executives that I need a proposal for regional university. For archiving purposes, and since I am no longer a member of this legislature, can someone please make a formal request in my Government office? Thank you!

Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 25, 2012, 03:50:03 pm »
Ignore

Grin

Wait a second, Verin. As far as I know, Althing is still an universal legislature, not a place to put ballot initiatives.

Former Drunkard
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1218 on: November 29, 2012, 12:32:55 am »
Ignore

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this, and my apologies if it is not.

The Mideast Assembly has recently passed the following resolution, and I hope you would consider doing the same:

Wiki Senate Hearing Resolution
WHEREAS the wiki is severly lacking in updates, especially in the cagegories of statutes and court cases;
WHEREAS the regions depend on an updated wiki to pass and enforce their own laws;
THERFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Mideast Assembly urges the the Senate to hold a hearing to determine what should be done to rectify the problem.
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 02, 2012, 09:23:17 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, that might be pretty important to pass.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Pope Kalwejt I
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 06, 2012, 05:46:53 pm »
Ignore

I still believe since our new constitution retained Althing as universal legislature, talkink about "ballot initiatives" is an utter nonsense. Legislature is not merely a place to put ballot initiatives and since said legislature is already universal

I know Verin is the greatest opponent of moving anything forward since Charles I (I don't want to cut off his head, though) but I don't care. We'll proceed as f**king legislature and if you have problem with this, you're a terrorist.

Former Drunkard
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 22, 2012, 07:39:21 pm »
Ignore

Did we miss another election?
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 22, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »
Ignore

Did we miss another election?

Indeed we did. I'm going to open a voting booth momentarily since I've been granted the authority by the Supreme Court. We'll get back on track!

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 22, 2012, 09:18:24 pm »
Ignore

SO, GUYS.

Once we elect a new Kommissær, which will be great and all, we still have the issue of our Wisard Ekstraordinær (Redalgo) being basically MIA. He's failed to open this election, and also failed to open the ratification booth for the Amendment to the Amendment Amendment, which is a big deal, since national ratification depends on how the Midwest votes.

We clearly need to fix this situation.. but our Constitution doesn't seem to give us any ability to impeach the Wisard Ekstraordinær, or even for the Kommissær to take over the Wisard's duties if he/she is absent. Electing a new Kommissær will be nice, but we still have these issues to overcome if we're going to get all the gears moving again here.

SO WHAT DO WE DO.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 24, 2012, 04:16:58 pm »
Ignore

SO, GUYS.

Once we elect a new Kommissær, which will be great and all, we still have the issue of our Wisard Ekstraordinær (Redalgo) being basically MIA. He's failed to open this election, and also failed to open the ratification booth for the Amendment to the Amendment Amendment, which is a big deal, since national ratification depends on how the Midwest votes.

We clearly need to fix this situation.. but our Constitution doesn't seem to give us any ability to impeach the Wisard Ekstraordinær, or even for the Kommissær to take over the Wisard's duties if he/she is absent. Electing a new Kommissær will be nice, but we still have these issues to overcome if we're going to get all the gears moving again here.

SO WHAT DO WE DO.

SadSadSadSad

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout