Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 10:47:59 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Midwest Universal Alțing Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: Midwest Universal Alțing Official Thread  (Read 52876 times)
Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2010, 05:27:52 am »
Ignore

As per the text of Amendment:

Midwest Universal Alțing Amendment
1. The ican'tbelieveitwasn'tformerlyknownasverin is empowered to create and preside over a permanent thread for an Alțing in which all Midwestern citizens may debate and pass referendums

(and maybe we should have two threads, one for introduction, one for debate and passings?)

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:51:24 am »
Ignore

Well, as Amendment doesn't mention all of this things, I guess as "presiding" I shall adopt following procedure:

1. Legislation in introduced.
2. Per order of introduction, we're debating this, one at the time. In case of amendments when it's accepted friendly by the author, it's added to the text, if not, we have to vote on amendment.
3. Debate before final voting.
4. Voting.

Of course author may always withdraw the project during whole process.

Just like in one great legislature, only composing all of us.

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 10:41:21 am »
Ignore

Nobody cares so, as citizen, I starts:

Midwest Facial Hairs Appreciation Day

1. The day of June 14 every year is hereby designated as the Midwest Facial Hairs Appreciation Day
2. During this day a sell of blades shall be prohibited
3. During this day Midwest Authorities shall be required to actively encourage opressed people with a facial hairs from other regions to seek an asylum and happines in Midwest
4. During this day, authorities shall the required to present a double cake to every citizen with a non-fake facial hairs of their choice

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:49:18 am »
Ignore

Debate without maps

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 11:42:11 am »
Ignore

I like it.
ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 11:51:20 am »
Ignore

Does this extend to lady Midwesterners with facial hairs?

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 12:34:11 pm »
Ignore

By wording - yes.

I propose a friendly amendment to make that the 14th day of every month.

And another to change "blades" to "shaving equipment" - the current line could be taken to ban sale of knives, axes, etc. Tongue

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 12:39:21 pm »
Ignore

By wording - yes.

I propose a friendly amendment to make that the 14th day of every month.

And another to change "blades" to "shaving equipment" - the current line could be taken to ban sale of knives, axes, etc. Tongue

Friendly!

I'll add this just after I stop watch an election night.

Anyone else want to excercise their rights of speak, debate, propose and amend in this awesome thread?

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 12:47:25 pm »
Ignore

i propose a bill

Midwest Official Dog Bill

1. The Chihuachshund is the Midwest region's official Dog.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 12:56:25 pm »
Ignore

Will be considered just after FHA

Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 01:31:01 pm »
Ignore

Universal Cocaine:

1. Cocaine shall be free and readily available for all Midwest citizens.
2. And when I say cocaine I mean COCAINE MOTHAF***A, not that weakass "crack" sh*t.
3. Free 40 pc Spicy Chicken Nugget meal from Wendys per bag of cocaine.
4. Have each Spicy Chicken Nugget meal from Wendys come with a special commemorative gold plated plaque with Vepres face on it with the words "Il nomine Patri. Et Fili. Spiritus Sancti." in LED running along the outside.
5. Anybody who votes against this bill will be taken to Buffalo Bill's place for some good ole fashioned coerced man lovin' to be "re-educated".

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 01:34:53 pm »
Ignore

"Mechaman" Holiday:

1. Every Friday shall henceforth be known forevermore as the holiday "Mechaman", for he is indeed the lord of all things awesome.
2. Every working Midwest citizen shall be given the day off to go home and sit on their asses to watching Star Trek reruns and the drinking of White Sands Caribbean Rum with Dr. Pepper.
3. Any business that refuses to respect and observe this holiday will be told "TITS OR GTFO."

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 07:31:16 pm »
Ignore

Nobody cares so, as citizen, I starts:

Midwest Facial Hairs Appreciation Day

1. A 14th day of every month is hereby designated as the Midwest Facial Hairs Appreciation Day
2. During this day a sell of the shaving equipment shall be prohibited
3. During this day Midwest Authorities shall be required to actively encourage opressed people with a facial hairs from other regions to seek an asylum and happines in Midwest
4. During this day, authorities shall the required to present a double cake to every citizen with a non-fake facial hairs, regardless of sex, of their choice

Modified

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 07:32:49 pm »
Ignore

Since the amendment don't give any procedure, as presiding pain in the neck I shall create it.

1. 24 hours for debate and potential amending of a project currently on the floor.
2. Then we're voting.
3. Then next thing...

Also, any law talking about the lenght of voting, applying here?

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 08:02:28 pm »
Ignore

THE LETTERS TEDDY CAN PRONOUNCE ACT

1) Replaces the letter ț with the letters th

But you can pronounce "ț": it's a voiceless interdental fricative, like the "th" in "thing"!

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »
Ignore

Ilikeverin is politely asked to not post anything in proposal thread, except proposals, esspecially regarding projects which are yet to be brought to the floor.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 09:00:55 pm »
Ignore

THE LETTERS TEDDY CAN PRONOUNCE ACT

1) Replaces the letter ț with the letters th

But you can pronounce "ț": it's a voiceless interdental fricative, like the "th" in "thing"!
The language of this region is English (and German?) as well the language of this forum is English. ț is therefore a satanic symbol that goes against Dave himself.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 11:17:20 pm »
Ignore

Ilikeverin is politely asked to not post anything in proposal thread, except proposals, esspecially regarding projects which are yet to be brought to the floor.

This isn't the proposal thread! Sad

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 03:17:52 am »
Ignore

The language of this region is English (and German?) as well the language of this forum is English. ț is therefore a satanic symbol that goes against Dave himself.
Lemme correct țat:

țe language of this region is English (and German?) as well țe language of țis forum is English. ț is țerefore a satanic symbol țat goes against Dave himself.

Ah, much better!

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 06:48:49 am »
Ignore

Gentlemen, we're debating Facial Hairs thing now.

Don't make presiding officer react this way.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:08:47 am by A Night of Horrors with the State Electoral Commission »Logged

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 01:07:37 pm »
Ignore

Ok, I need someone smart.

1. The ican'tbelieveitwasn'tformerlyknownasverin is empowered to create and preside over a permanent thread for an Alțing in which all Midwestern citizens may debate and pass referendums

This means that we pass proposals here? Any rules on voting lenght and margin?

I'm asking because if it's old way, then it's pointless institution.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 01:23:44 pm »
Ignore

The language of this region is English (and German?) as well the language of this forum is English. þ is therefore a satanic symbol that goes against Dave himself.
Lemme correct þat:

Ðe language of ðis region is English (and German?) as well ðe language of ðis forum is English. þ is ðerefore a satanic symbol ðat goes against Dave himself.

Ah, much better!

Fixed.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 01:26:09 pm »
Ignore

Lemme correct țat:

țe language of this region is English (and German?) as well țe language of țis forum is English. ț is țerefore a satanic symbol țat goes against Dave himself.

Ah, much better!

Ahem, of course đou must be lying:

Đe language of đis region is English (and German?) as well đe language of đis forum is English. ț is đerefore a satanic symbol đat goes against Dave himself.

Teddy did not say anyțing đat was worđy of a ț, just a lot of "đises" and "đats" and ođer such țin words Sad

Ok, I need someone smart.

This means that we pass proposals here? Any rules on voting lenght and margin?

I'm asking because if it's old way, then it's pointless institution.

No, I didn't specify how it would work, because I wasn't sure what people would want best.  Nobody offered any suggestions, eiđer.  I țink perhaps đat could be our first order of business... deciding how we should run ourselves.

(Okay, okay, I'm done with the ț/đ business, except in the running of the Alțing of course Wink)

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 01:26:32 pm »
Ignore

Lemme correct țat:

Đe language of đis region is English (and German?) as well đe language of đis forum is English. ț is đerefore a satanic symbol đat goes against Dave himself.

Ah, much better!

Fixed.

Grin Cheesy Grin *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 01:39:32 pm »
Ignore

I was aware țat what I was typing is not quite correct. But cannot be boțered - besides Teddy's objection as I understood it was specifically about ț.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout