Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 08:17:04 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments
| | | |-+  Midwest Universal Alțing Official Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: Midwest Universal Alțing Official Thread  (Read 50865 times)
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 19, 2012, 05:24:52 pm »
Ignore

First of all, who is seating in this assembly with a rather exotic name?

It's universal!

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 19, 2012, 05:25:20 pm »
Ignore

I'd like more specifics in the bill.  What is the timeline for any of this?  How should we determine what's "polluted", what's "in need of money", etc.?
The Midwest Department of Environmental Protection and Department of Finance shall decide.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 19, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »
Ignore

How much money is being set into this program?

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 19, 2012, 09:42:14 pm »
Ignore

How much money is being set into this program?
To be honest, I actually hadn't thought of that. It would be too much money. Noting that, I amend the bill to this:
Midwest Comprehensive Jobs Act
I. The Midwest Government shall sponsor a program to clean up and fix all bridges, roads, and other places in bad shape. It will pay $6,000,000 for this program
II. The Midwest Government shall also sponsor a program to clean up all lakes, rivers, and other places which have been ruined by pollution or other environmental problems. It will pay $5,000,000 for this plan
III. The Midwest Government will sponsor a program to build hospitals, schools, houses, apartments, and other necessities for the citizens of the Midwest. It will pay $10,000,000 on this plan.
IV: Noting that this bill will create hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of jobs, the Governor of the Midwest urges this bill to be passed right away.
V: *hughughug*
VI: This bill will be paid for by raising taxes on citizens with incomes over $200,000 by 4%.
x hawkeye59
debate
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:37:53 am by hawkeye59 »Logged

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.  So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.-Jack Layton 1950-2011
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on-John F. Kennedy 1917-1963
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1104 on: January 19, 2012, 10:22:15 pm »
Ignore

Probably need to be a little more specific on how much money will be specifically given to each section.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
-Jackie Robinson
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 20, 2012, 08:38:18 am »
Ignore

I. The Midwest Government shall sponsor a program to clean up and fix all bridges, roads, and other places in bad shape. It will pay $6,000,000 for this program
II. The Midwest Government shall also sponsor a program to clean up all lakes, rivers, and other places which have been ruined by pollution or other environmental problems. It will pay $5,000,000 for this plan
III. The Midwest Government will sponsor a program to build hospitals, schools, houses, apartments, and other necessities for the citizens of the Midwest. It will pay $10,000,000 on this plan.
IV: Noting that this bill will create hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of jobs, the Governor of the Midwest urges this bill to be passed right away.
VI: This bill will be paid for by raising taxes on citizens with incomes over $200,000 by 4%.
x hawkeye59
debate
[/quote]

Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 21, 2012, 09:43:29 am »
Ignore

I support this bill. I like bridges that don't fall down and lakes that are clean.
hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 21, 2012, 10:54:39 pm »
Ignore

VOTE ON THIS
[/quote]
Cheesy

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 21, 2012, 11:25:43 pm »
Ignore

Grin

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 22, 2012, 03:19:43 am »
Ignore

Grin
RG Fritz
JLD
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.48

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: January 23, 2012, 12:03:39 am »
Ignore

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 23, 2012, 08:51:08 am »
Ignore

THE BILL PASSED 4-0

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 25, 2012, 06:22:12 pm »
Ignore

Cheesy ftr

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 29, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »
Ignore

anybody?

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 01, 2012, 03:24:27 am »
Ignore

I wish to propose that we in the Midwest operate a weekly question time format a'la the British Parliament.

If someone wants to put that into some sort of bill form, please do, because I'm terrible at writing legislation.

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 01, 2012, 08:18:22 pm »
Ignore

I wish to propose that we in the Midwest operate a weekly question time format a'la the British Parliament.

If someone wants to put that into some sort of bill form, please do, because I'm terrible at writing legislation.

I'm still alive! Grin

I'd be glad to write up something to get us started on this.  Smiley

-Atlasia and all that jazz-
Senator for Atlasia At-Large
General-Secretary of the Labor Party

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 01, 2012, 08:51:04 pm »
Ignore

Two separate bills here. Smiley (It's been a little while since I've written any legislation, so they might be quite awful.)

Verin Question Time Act
1) The Alțing shall allocate a day (or set of days) in the week to be designated as "Verin Question Time."
2) During this period, any member of the Alțing may propose a question to the Prime Verin, Deputy Prime Verin, or any Verinous officer.
3) The officer shall be required to then submit a well construed and responsible answer that addresses the issue raised.
4) The Prime Verin may choose to not answer a question if they declare it to be against the interest of the Midwest's security.  However, the Alțing may vote to force the Priem Verin to answer.
5) If the Prime Verin again refuses to answer, the Alțing may take a second vote to require him to answer.  If this vote is also resolved in the positive, then it shall be interpreted as a vote of no confidence in the Prime Verin.

Verinous Offices Act
1) The definition of a "Verinous Office" is the one given in Section III of the Third Midwest Constitution.
2) The offices of Prime Verin, Deputy Prime Verin, and all Verinous Officers, shall be collectively referred to as the Government.
3) The Government shall meet from time to time at the discretion of the Prime Verin.  The Government shall collectively decide whether to meet in public (meaning the official thread of the Alțing), or in private.  If they choose the later, the Prime Verin shall publish a list of issues discussed at the meeting in the Alțing thread in a timely manner.
4) If it meets in private, the Government may choose to not report certain topics discussed to the Alțing, it must however, state that it has decided such.  The Alțing may vote to force the Government to publish the said information.

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 02, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »
Ignore

Guys? Smiley

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 03, 2012, 05:16:12 am »
Ignore

Thanks to Barnes for writing up the legislation for me, as well as one piece of his own.

As Deputy Prime Verin, I would like to say that I would make myself available for a weekly question time should the Prime Verin be unavailable to participate.

I think both of Barnes' pieces of legislation would be good steps forward for the Midwest in terms of operation and procedure and we should take them.

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 03, 2012, 09:58:12 pm »
Ignore

Verin Question Time Act
1) The Alțing shall allocate a day (or set of days) in the week to be designated as "Verin Question Time."
2) During this period, any member of the Alțing may propose a question to the Prime Verin, Deputy Prime Verin, or any Verinous officer.
3) The officer shall be required to then submit a well construed and responsible answer that addresses the issue raised.
4) The Prime Verin may choose to not answer a question if they declare it to be against the interest of the Midwest's security.  However, the Alțing may vote to force the Priem Verin to answer.
5) If the Prime Verin again refuses to answer, the Alțing may take a second vote to require him to answer.  If this vote is also resolved in the positive, then it shall be interpreted as a vote of no confidence in the Prime Verin.

Verinous Offices Act
1) The definition of a "Verinous Office" is the one given in Section III of the Third Midwest Constitution.
2) The offices of Prime Verin, Deputy Prime Verin, and all Verinous Officers, shall be collectively referred to as the Government.
3) The Government shall meet from time to time at the discretion of the Prime Verin.  The Government shall collectively decide whether to meet in public (meaning the official thread of the Alțing), or in private.  If they choose the later, the Prime Verin shall publish a list of issues discussed at the meeting in the Alțing thread in a timely manner.
4) If it meets in private, the Government may choose to not report certain topics discussed to the Alțing, it must however, state that it has decided such.  The Alțing may vote to force the Government to publish the said information.

Since Hawkeye is not here and there has been no debate, I'm going to do something rare and exercise my author-a-tah as DPV...

Vote on both bills.

Bill 1: Grin
Bill 2: Grin

Senator Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 03, 2012, 10:43:59 pm »
Ignore

Grin
Grin

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:43 pm »
Ignore

Cheesy
Cheesy

Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 08, 2012, 10:15:11 am »
Ignore

*Gavel Bang*

Both Pass 3-0

hawkeye59
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 10, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »
Ignore

Anyone?

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 12, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »
Ignore

Question Time Day Act Bill Law
1. The Deputy Prime Verin shall be responsible for determining the day of the week that Question Time is performed.
2. Every four Sundays, the Deputy Prime Verin will generate the question time day for the next four weeks using the random.org number generator.
2a. The randomization will be performed by generating a random integer from 1-7 four times.  The first integer corresponds to the first week, the second integer corresponds to the second week, and so on.
2b. Generating a 1 indicates that question time will be held on the Sunday of the corresponding week.  Generating a 2 indicates that the question time will be on a Monday.  3 is Tuesday, 4 is Wednesday, 5 is Thursday, 6 is Friday, and 7 is Saturday.
3. Whenever possible, the revealing of the question time days of the week will be done in a manner akin to the Powerball drawing.

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout