Midwest Universal Alțing Proposal Introducing Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:07:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest Universal Alțing Proposal Introducing Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Midwest Universal Alțing Proposal Introducing Thread  (Read 29839 times)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2010, 07:43:29 PM »

End of Columbus Day Act

1. Columbus Day is officially abolished in the Midwest Region.
2. The second Monday in October is now Second Monday in October Day.

I offer an amendment to this awesome proposal:

1. Columbus Day, named after a genocidal bastard, is officially abolished in the Midwest Region.

Ok I fixed it.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2010, 06:06:11 AM »

End of Columbus Day Act

1. Columbus Day, named after a genocidal bastard, is officially abolished in the Midwest Region.

x Kalwejt
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2010, 08:36:49 AM »

End of Columbus Day Act

x Kalwejt

ilikeverin

I don't think most people have a three-day weekend in the Midwest, though.  I never got Columbus Day off when I was in Happiness schools.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2010, 07:32:02 AM »

That we add a stroke to our funny B/P/TH thingy as like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorn_with_stroke
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »

Recall Amendment

1. The Citizens of the Midwest Region may recall any regional official.

2. Any registered Midwest voter may open a recall petition on any regional official at any time.

3. If said petition shall receive the signatures of TBD registered Midwest voters, it shall be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote.

4. The vote shall remain open for three days.

5. If, in said vote, a simple majority are in favor of the recall of said regional official, that official shall be stripped of the position.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »

Recall Amendment

2. Any registered Midwest voter may open a recall petition on any regional official at any time.

3. If said petition shall receive the signatures of TBD registered Midwest voters, it shall be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote.

5. If, in said vote, a simple majority are in favor of the recall of said regional official, that official shall be stripped of the position.

X Teddy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2010, 04:17:53 PM »

Recall Amendment

X Teddy

x Kalwejt
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2010, 04:59:01 AM »

Federal Election Agent Act

1 - In the event that the voting booth administrator, and all possible replacement administrators fail to open the regional voting booth on time, the Secretary of Federal Elections (under whatever name that position shall currently have) is permitted to act as the regional Election Agent, and open and administer said voting booth.

2 - In the event that the administrator of voting certification has failed to certify the votes resulting from a regional election within the assigned deadline, the Secretary of Federal Elections (under whatever name that position shall currently have) is permitted to act as the regional Election Agent, and certify the voting results in the region.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2010, 05:39:14 AM »

Recall Amendment

X Teddy

x Kalwejt

X Hans-im-Glück
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2010, 06:05:20 AM »

Federal Election Agent Act

1 - In the event that the voting booth administrator, and all possible replacement administrators fail to open the regional voting booth on time, the Secretary of Federal Elections (under whatever name that position shall currently have) is permitted to act as the regional Election Agent, and open and administer said voting booth.

2 - In the event that the administrator of voting certification has failed to certify the votes resulting from a regional election within the assigned deadline, the Secretary of Federal Elections (under whatever name that position shall currently have) is permitted to act as the regional Election Agent, and certify the voting results in the region.

THIS IS A VIOLATION OF THE SACRED REGIONAL RIGHTS...

Which means I'm very happy to sign it Smiley

x Kalwejt
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »

Succession Emergency Act

1. In a case when the offices of ican'tunderstandwhyitwasformerlyknownasverinandwhatthehellisverin and ican'tbelieveitwasn'tformerlyknownasverin are vacant at the same time, the Althing Presiding Officer pro tempore shall succeed the office of ican'tunderstandwhyitwasformerlyknownasverinandwhatthehellisverin for an unexpired term.

Emergency situation.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »

Succession Emergency Act

1. In a case when the offices of ican'tunderstandwhyitwasformerlyknownasverinandwhatthehellisverin and ican'tbelieveitwasn'tformerlyknownasverin are vacant at the same time, the Althing Presiding Officer pro tempore shall succeed the office of ican'tunderstandwhyitwasformerlyknownasverinandwhatthehellisverin for an unexpired term.

Emergency situation.

x SEWER
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »

Succession Emergency Act

Emergency situation.

x SEWER
Succession Emergency Act

Emergency situation.

x SEWER

ilikeverin
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2010, 05:19:15 PM »

Succession Emergency Act

Emergency situation.

x SEWER
Succession Emergency Act

Emergency situation.

x SEWER

ilikeverin

X Teddy
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »

In light of this:

I just checked the Midwest Constitution to see what needs to be done...as it turns out, an election should have been held starting last Friday!!! 

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

WE ALL FORGOT to have an election.  Sewer, can we get one started please?  Tongue

I propose that History do record that "Everyone in the Midwest was drunk for over a week, and neglected to either open the ballot booth, or, show up to vote, until a sober gentleman pointed this out two sundays following" and that this forever be immortalized in the wiki.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

In light of this:

I just checked the Midwest Constitution to see what needs to be done...as it turns out, an election should have been held starting last Friday!!! 

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

WE ALL FORGOT to have an election.  Sewer, can we get one started please?  Tongue

I propose that History do record that "Everyone in the Midwest was drunk for over a week, and neglected to either open the ballot booth, or, show up to vote, until a sober gentleman pointed this out two sundays following" and that this forever be immortalized in the wiki.

X Sewer
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »

Succession Emergency Act

Emergency situation.

x SEWER
Succession Emergency Act

Emergency situation.

x SEWER

ilikeverin

x Thomas D
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2010, 10:57:46 AM »

In response to the latest machinations, I suggest that we move to a fused executive-legislative model, and so do propose an...

Amendment to Establish the Eleventy-Second Constitution of the Midwest

We the people of the Midwestern Verinocracy, in order to form a more verinous region, hereby establish this Constitution of the Midwest.

I – Alțing
i.   The legislative body of the Midwest shall be the Alțing.
ii.   The Alțing shall comprise all registered voters of the Midwest.
iii.   The Alțing may establish rules for its own proceedings, and with the concurrence of two-thirds of its voting number, suspend such rights of such members as it may deem appropriate.

II – Verinship
i.   Executive Power in the Midwest shall be vested in the Prime Verin, who shall also be Commander-in-Chief of the Midwestern Armed Ursine Brigades.
ii.   The Prime Verin shall be deemed the Governor of the Midwest for such purposes as may be required by the Constitution of Atlasia.
iii.   The Prime Verin shall be elected by the Alțing, and shall chair its sessions.
iv.   The Prime Verin shall continue his verinship for so long as he shall retain the confidence of the Alțing. After 3 months in office, the Alțing must hold an election for the Prime Verinship.
v.   The Prime Verin may not serve 3 consecutive terms.
vi.   Where the verinship shall fall vacant, or be deemed by resolution of the Alțing to have fallen vacant, the Alțing will proceed to an election to fill the vacancy.

III – Verinous Officers
i.   The Prime Verin may appoint such officers, and may delegate such executive responsibilities to such officers, as he may deem appropriate.
ii.   All such appointments shall be made with the advice and consent of the Alțing.
iii.   Any such appointed officer shall continue to serve until such time as they may lose the confidence of the Prime Verin or the Alțing.

IV – Judiciary
i.   The Supreme Court of Atlasia shall be the judiciary of the Midwest.

V – Constitutional Amendments
i.   The Alțing may amend this Constitution where such amendments are approved by two-thirds of its voting number in a vote that shall remain open for no fewer than 5 days.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »

x Lewis Trondheim the seventy-eleventh
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »

I was thinking about calling for a Midwest ConCon, but I like this idea better!

ilikeverin the negative pi-th
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »

X Teddy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »

I love and will support an idea.

However, after we almost experienced an anarchy after what Sewer did, I strongly insist to include a following amendment:

Althing shall also elect Deputy Prime Verin, who'll be in charge of presiding over the Althing and performing executive duties of Prime Verin, when Prime Verin is absent or otherwise unable to pefrom her/his duties. In a case of vacancy, Deputy Prime Verin shall become Acting Prime Verin, until new Prime Verin can be elected by an Althing.

hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2010, 03:37:42 PM »

However, after we almost experienced an anarchy after what Sewer did, I strongly insist to include a following amendment:

Althing shall also elect Deputy Prime Verin, who'll be in charge of presiding over the Althing and performing executive duties of Prime Verin, when Prime Verin is absent or otherwise unable to pefrom her/his duties. In a case of vacancy, Deputy Prime Verin shall become Acting Prime Verin, until new Prime Verin can be elected by an Althing.

x hawkeye59 to both
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »

x hawkeye59 to both

x ThomasD
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2010, 08:28:14 AM »

Verinship Elections Bill

Whereas the need to clarify the manner of electoral processes doth arise...

And whereas nobody doth appear to hath taken quill to papyrus to resolve these matters …

The following be proposed related to verinship elections and other related matters…

Nominations
i.   Any member of the Alțing in good standing will be eligible for election.
ii.   Nominations will be opened for 72 hours.
iii.   For a nomination to be deemed valid, members must either self-nominate or accept the nomination of 2 members in good standing (such acceptance being allowable within 24 hours after the close of nominations).

Voting
i.   On establishing of the candidates, voting shall be opened for 72 hours.
ii.   Voting will be preferential and counted by means of the Condorcet method.
iii.   Voters will be entitled to vote ‘None of the Above’ as per any other candidate. Should NOTA be deemed the winner of the election, nominations shall be re-opened but such candidates as lost to NOTA shall be disqualified from being nominated on that occasion.
iv.   Reasonable determination of voter intent shall apply in construing ballots for counting purposes.

Deputy Verinship
i.   The election of a Prime Verin, will precipitate an election for the position of Deputy Verin – as shall the arising of a vacancy in that office.
ii.   Elections to the Deputy Verinship will otherwise be conducted in accordance with the same rules as apply to the Prime Verinship.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies