I will now accept my accolades
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I will now accept my accolades
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades  (Read 282773 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: November 02, 2005, 02:38:12 PM »

It's been a glorious year. 

I think Chum is here under another name.

Oh, and Sam, no need to bump a stickied topic.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #376 on: November 02, 2005, 06:57:52 PM »

This has become possibly the most iconic thread ever created on uselectionatlas. I can just imagine Mypalfish typing "I will now accept my accolades" into the subject bar with absolutely no idea how legendary that thread would become. Hard to believe that it's been a year already!
Rococo4

« Reply #377 on: November 03, 2005, 01:37:32 PM »

GOODTIMES
HAHAHA
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #378 on: November 14, 2005, 09:29:33 PM »

Well, I predicted a Kerry victory (and said Bush had to be in Ohio and Florida more), and I also said that the GOP GOTV 72 hour plan would be very ineffective.  And it looks like I was right.

Not really douchebag
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2006, 10:44:54 PM »

I love this thread.  I truly do.  This is a great pick me up after a rough day.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2006, 11:49:51 PM »

Wow, get over it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2006, 02:10:46 AM »

Ahhh, still a classic. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2006, 02:54:34 PM »

And this is the first time I've read this...highly amusing. Kiki

Sad to see some of the good posters on here who left, though... Sad
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2006, 03:40:09 PM »

Oh come now.  If the shoe happened to be on the other foot, you'd be bumping this thread every week.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #384 on: January 31, 2006, 03:43:50 PM »

Oh come now.  If the shoe happened to be on the other foot, you'd be bumping this thread every week.

Definitely not 14 months later.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #385 on: January 31, 2006, 04:35:47 PM »

The funny part isn't the result of the election; it's that the poster so surely proclaimed he was right right before the facts punctured his theory.

If this had been a poster telling us how he was an "insider" with the Obama campaign and how Keys was going to win, it would be just as funny.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2006, 10:33:07 PM »

The funny part isn't the result of the election; it's that the poster so surely proclaimed he was right right before the facts punctured his theory.

If this had been a poster telling us how he was an "insider" with the Obama campaign and how Keys was going to win, it would be just as funny.

No, actually, that would be MUCH funnier.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2006, 09:31:24 PM »

No, actually, that would be MUCH funnier.

Not really though, because it would have been so obviously fake, while here it was a close race, so we can assume that mypalfish actually believed  what he was typing. If someone insisted Keyes would win, we'd all think he'd have been joking.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2006, 11:48:31 PM »

I don't disagree with making light to some degree with someone's inaccurate prediction, but does this thread really merit being stickied?

This just seems ridiculous to sticky this, unless we are going to start stickying stuff like when AuH20 predicted Harris would win in Florida.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2006, 11:40:23 AM »

I don't disagree with making light to some degree with someone's inaccurate prediction, but does this thread really merit being stickied?

This just seems ridiculous to sticky this, unless we are going to start stickying stuff like when AuH20 predicted Harris would win in Florida.

True, but there really is a difference of degree here.  All of us have sort of occasionally wacky and dead-wrong predictions 12 to 18 months out from that we may post in a thread here and there.

It's a totally different thing to be saying "day of election" when only exit polls and rumors of exit polls are out that the election is most certainly over already and then make a thread detailing this fact.

That is an error of the greatest magnitude for those of us talk and predict elections.  It's like pitching and throwing a game-winning grand slam to lose the World Series. 
Rococo4

« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2006, 12:27:17 AM »

Timeless.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2006, 03:12:27 PM »

there's no reason at all to sticky this...Republicans bump it enough
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

Yeah. I agee it's the stupidest prediction anyone has ever made by far, but still, why sticky it? Is it sort of like putting skulls on the town walls in medieveal times, a warning to other posters that they better not make any ridiculous predictions or else they will suffer the same fate?
Please Delete my account!!
Michael_Barkley
United States
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2006, 07:57:50 PM »

Yeah. I agee it's the stupidest prediction anyone has ever made by far, but still, why sticky it? Is it sort of like putting skulls on the town walls in medieveal times, a warning to other posters that they better not make any ridiculous predictions or else they will suffer the same fate?

If the guy had come out and just said he thought Kerry was going to win, nobody would have thought twice of it.  But this dumb a$$ tried to make half the people on the board look stupid by saying he tried to tell everyone that Kerry would win and nobody would listen.  Well guess what, the joke was on him.  And it was him who wound up looking stupid.   So let this serve as a lesson to  everyone else not to taunt people before the final chicken has hatched.   
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2006, 08:53:31 PM »

This thread was of vital importance in November of 2004.  It kept the winning side from taunting the losign side.  Instead we all came in here and taunted mypalfish.  Its stickying also serves as a reminder to, as said by the angry one, not count your chickens before they hatch.

And there are some damn funny posts in here.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2006, 09:43:04 PM »

This thread was of vital importance in November of 2004.  It kept the winning side from taunting the losign side.  Instead we all came in here and taunted mypalfish.  Its stickying also serves as a reminder to, as said by the angry one, not count your chickens before they hatch.

And there are some damn funny posts in here.

That's true, you bring up some good points. I'm still not sure it merits stickying but the guy did say it was ok to ridicule him for the next four years if he was wrong.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2006, 04:06:55 PM »

I miss Fish.
Rococo4

« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2006, 11:49:25 PM »

If the Democrats win in November, he should come back and just claim he was 2 years early.  Good times.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #398 on: August 09, 2006, 09:15:18 PM »

As of tomorrow, FriedFlounder will have been gone for a year.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #399 on: August 09, 2006, 09:25:09 PM »

He's still alive on the Internet as of two months ago:

http://www.gsn.com/buzz/showthread.php?t=83329&page=2
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies