Is Anne Frank in Hell?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:29:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Is Anne Frank in Hell?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Is Anne Frank in Hell?  (Read 16058 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2013, 02:08:03 AM »

All religions share a lot, a l o t, of similarities, and I think whatever religion you follow shouldn't matter, but if you are a good person who helps others during your life, then you'll go to heaven.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »

If you can't say no right away to this question, it might be best to stop believing.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »

Sorry JCL, but Muslims worship the same God you and I do.

Muslims deny that God is a Father. Look at Sura 5:18 for example,

And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His loved ones." Say: "Why then does He punish you for your sins?" Nay, you are but human beings, of those He has created, He forgives whom He wills and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and to Him is the return (of all).

Since they deny God as father they automatically deny the mere possibility of The Son.

Allah (which is just the Arabic word for 'God', remember) and God the Father are arguably more one-and-the-same than God the Father and Jesus are, unless you're a Oneness Pentecostal.

Since Islam denies the Father/Son relationship between Yahweh and Yeshua, Allah and God the Father can never be the same. I'm not a Oneness Pentecostal. Jesus and the Father are much closer to being one by any stretch. Look at John 10:22-30 (NLT)

22 It was now winter, and Jesus was in Jerusalem at the time of Hanukkah, the Festival of Dedication. 23 He was in the Temple, walking through the section known as Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The people surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

"25 Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name. 26 But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.[d] No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”"

I could go further and give you the numerous statements just between here and the end of the end of The Gospel of John alone to show the reader how close the relationship between the Father and Son really is and throw in the Holy Spirit for bonus. However to bring this back to the core of the question of the thread. Oldies says that only God knows. That is correct. To pose this question because of relevance, could Anne Frank have come to faith in Jesus as her Saviour?

That's why I said 'arguably' (to wit: Theologically you're entirely right in what you're saying, but a secular comparative religions type might look at the ways in which the Muslim version of Allah and God the Father are discussed and decide that they have more in common). It's only if one is a Oneness Pentecostal--which I didn't think you were--that it's inarguable.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »

All religions share a lot, a l o t, of similarities, and I think whatever religion you follow shouldn't matter, but if you are a good person who helps others during your life, then you'll go to heaven.

Supposedly we're all bad people - all of us - so none of us deserve heaven.  But eventually there comes the question of if we have any formula for which get to heaven, a foolproof plan, that is composed of orthodoxical or orthopraxic methods of attaining salvation.  The only logical answer to that is no.  If God wills someone to be in heaven, regardless of how faithful they were in life, then there's nothing stopping Him from making that decree.

But life is simply not about "getting to heaven."  It's about concentrating on what's in front of you.  It's about living the moment.  It's about cherishing what you have and treating people the way you want to be treated, which is the number one rule all religions teach.  If you worry day in and day out about who's going where, at a time or place of which you cannot be certain, then everything you experience on this earth is absolutely meaningless.  That's why questions like the thread title are absolutely meaningless, because any answer I give is pure speculation.  That is why we are not to judge.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »

I hope I am not the only atheist Republican here, haha.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »

You're not.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »

Well those who don't revere the god of Abraham mainly worship the almighty dollar. By the way, there are some who see prophetic images hidden in US money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafxhMLeGeA

GOP_flow_rida
Rookie

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »

Oh boy this is a doozy. In the bible a Jew can mean two things actually, a Jewish man who is a Hebrew is one who pratices the actually faith of Judisim, but there is a second kind of Jew when I believe it was Paul who stated "You must be born again" To be born again also makes you a Jew. At the same time Jesus indeed was a Jew, but look at it this way there was no Christianity back then same with Islam as well and please Atheism did even get popular till around the 18Th century. So What else were we expecting Jesus to be? The answer to wether or not Jews that don't believe Christ go to heaven is varied depending on your denomination. I believe in the answer yes Jews that don't believe in Christ will go to hell, but God also stated in Revelations that the Jews will repent and bow down and accept Jesus. I think this question is too complex for a man to answer and beside God stated "Who are we too judge?" so wether or not the Jews go to heaven is like debating wether or not the murder on the cross who confessed his faith in Jesus at the last second and was forgiven did he go to heaven? Scripture tells us he did, but regardless man still has petty arguments over the matter of wether someone who kills, rapes, and steals will go to heaven if he confesses his faith just 2 hours before his execution.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies