Is Anne Frank in Hell? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:30:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Anne Frank in Hell? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Anne Frank in Hell?  (Read 16128 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 12, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »

Jewish people sure do go to hell.  Because they have not had their sins washed away by the blood of our Savior, Christ Jesus. 

Jesus was Jewish.  Hurr hurr.

You're missing the point here.  From a Christian perspective, Jews would be condemned precisely because the Savior was sent to them and they ignored and rejected his message.

I'm not a Christian, but I have difficulty understanding how anyone could interpret Christianity as saying other than that only faith (sola fides) can save.  It's pretty clear in the text.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:29:16 PM »

St. Paul disagrees with you.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »

First off, your version renders the story meaningless.  Lot's wife died in the incident.  She doesn't reappear in story.  Second, my Oxford Study Bible, an academic Bible painstakingly translated, has this: Genesis 19:26 "But Lot's wife looked back, and she turned into a pillar of salt.". The only footnote to the verse just points out that an oddly-shaped column in the area has been associated with Lot's wife straight to the present day.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 11:53:46 PM »

Wasting my time arguing with you is casting pearls before swine, but if you go to http://biblegateway.com, you can search a verse in any translation you want.  Find a single translation that backs you up and I'll put the quote of your choice in my sig for a month.

Also, it's not just Christians.  Jews, whose religious leaders can speak Hebrew, render the Lot story the same way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies