Is Anne Frank in Hell? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:57:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Anne Frank in Hell? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Anne Frank in Hell?  (Read 16135 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 12, 2010, 02:54:40 AM »

I think you're misinterpreting me. I believe that the Bible is the word of the Lord. HOWEVER, certain parts were clearly left out that may also have been the word of God. These things are both very clear. Now if someone with a certain view point was assembling the Bible, then it is possible that certain parts were included or left out due to that view point. Also, while I believe it is the word of God it is also metaphorical, and to take it literally is to belittle God. After all, a large part of Christianity is a belief in mystery, so to claim a full understanding of God or the Bible is foolish. Translations also change the emphasis of certain things, as our previous debate over homosexuality exposed.

Anyway, I am a Christian who believes fully in Jesus Christ and his word. All I'm saying is don't pretend to know or understand everything in the Bible, or about God, Heaven, or Hell.

What, exactly, do you think was left out of the bible’s plan of salvation?  Does not the bible state that those who have not heard the gospel are in darkness and under the power of Satan? And doesn’t the bible state the message of the gospel is being spread in order to that those same people might believe in order to  receive forgiveness of their sins?  And doesn’t the bible state that as of right now, belief in Jesus is the only way to receive forgiveness of sins?

It seems you think something was left out simply because you disagree with what the bible/ already has iin it.  But anything you attempt to bring in is going to contradict both the OT and NT, for even Moses warned the Jews concerning their acceptance of the Messiah;

Dt 18:15 “The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.”

Also, you’ll have to refresh my memory regarding our previous debate over homosexuality, because I am able to take the scripture exactly how it is written in regard to those passages and view the bible being in total harmony on this issue from cover to cover.

So you believe that anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus as their lord and savior goes to hell, even if they have never heard of Christianity before? Quite weird.

Chrisitianity's view that all humans are sinners is pretty f'ed up as well. And the obsession with quoting specific bible passages as proof is downright hilarious. Are Islam and Judaism also so precise? Eastern religions certainly don't follow some archaic book to a T and view it as some unquestionable truth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies