Is Anne Frank in Hell? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:37:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Is Anne Frank in Hell? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Anne Frank in Hell?  (Read 16106 times)
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« on: July 08, 2010, 05:43:04 PM »

So Christians think the only way to heaven is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Since the Jews don't do this is Anne and every other Jewish person in hell?

BTW, If God does sent people to hell for being Jewish I don't want to go to heaven.

so, let me get this straight:  you believe the sufferings of Anne Frank should have earned her a ticket to Heaven? 

Christianity views salvation as a gift of God, not as something than can be earned.  Period.  Sorry you don't accept such a basic premise.

Well if you're an adherent to the unofficial churches (i.e. Protestant ones) I can see someone believing that.

It's quite clear to me that Jesus's message was love and acceptance for all people. I believe in Jesus, but I think deep down we're all Christians. I also believe that salvation is found through faith and good works. If someone is a good person then yes, they have earned a spot in heaven. God looks at people deep down inside, not just what faith they subscribe to.
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »

You have the belief that Jesus was for the Jews only or only for those who converted to Christianity? I don't see the point in the divine choosing a religion. Yes, Jesus took on the religion of the culture around him and if not he would have been viewed as an outcast. No nothing can earn going to heaven because humans are sinful and imperfect. This is why Christ HAD TO die for our sins. Only arrogance assumes it was for one particular group of people.

probably the dumbest paragraph you have written to date - and that is saying something.

Jesus did NOT take on the relgion around him, because the religion of the day did not understand scritpure, rather he stated the scriptures were all about him:

John 5:37 "You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life."

So even though the scriptures are all about Christ (Christianity 101), you approach the bible as if the scriptures were just something Jesus adopted simply in order to make a point.  You are simply blind and stand in disagreement with every basic concept of the bible. You have magnitudes more screwed up theology than even the Jews who opposed Jesus in his day. 

I can’t even think of a single character in the bible, believer or unbeliever, with whom you have anything theological in common.  You have uniquely screwed your brain.  And I’m not the only saying it – everyone on this board is saying it.  You, Derek, are the only topic everyone on this board agrees upon.

Actually for once I am with Derek! He has a firmer understanding of the Bible than you do! Simply believing everything assembled in a book written by man as absolutely true is foolish, not to mention dangerous. God gave us free will for a reason. If we do good in this world, and if we believe in good then you will find eternal salvation. I believe that good is God, that when we do good we become closer to God. Now I do believe that being a Christian gives you an advantage in going to Heaven, but the only people who I believe go to Hell are the ones who do bad or turn their back on God. By turning your back I mean forsaking all that God taught, not just God himself.

Also, I do believe in much that is written in the Bible. But I also recognize that it was assembled by men, in some cases through divine intervention. Men are fallible, and therefore can make decisions that they see as a personal advantage to themselves. 
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:40:14 PM »

Actually for once I am with Derek! He has a firmer understanding of the Bible than you do! Simply believing everything assembled in a book written by man as absolutely true is foolish, not to mention dangerous. God gave us free will for a reason. If we do good in this world, and if we believe in good then you will find eternal salvation. I believe that good is God, that when we do good we become closer to God. Now I do believe that being a Christian gives you an advantage in going to Heaven, but the only people who I believe go to Hell are the ones who do bad or turn their back on God. By turning your back I mean forsaking all that God taught, not just God himself.

Also, I do believe in much that is written in the Bible. But I also recognize that it was assembled by men, in some cases through divine intervention. Men are fallible, and therefore can make decisions that they see as a personal advantage to themselves. 

So, you reject the bible as the word of God and you think that since men are fallible, God gave you a supposedly infallible free will in order to determine which part of the bible is true, as if you yourself werent' infallible?!  That doesn’t make sense.

The simple matter is…if you don’t believe the scripture, you have nothing in common with the teachings of the Apostles:

Acts 24:14 “I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets”

As for me, I want to remove any differences between my faith and the apostles’ teachings:

Acts 2:42 “They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching”

Adios.  May the free will force be with you.

I think you're misinterpreting me. I believe that the Bible is the word of the Lord. HOWEVER, certain parts were clearly left out that may also have been the word of God. These things are both very clear. Now if someone with a certain view point was assembling the Bible, then it is possible that certain parts were included or left out due to that view point. Also, while I believe it is the word of God it is also metaphorical, and to take it literally is to belittle God. After all, a large part of Christianity is a belief in mystery, so to claim a full understanding of God or the Bible is foolish. Translations also change the emphasis of certain things, as our previous debate over homosexuality exposed.

Anyway, I am a Christian who believes fully in Jesus Christ and his word. All I'm saying is don't pretend to know or understand everything in the Bible, or about God, Heaven, or Hell.
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »

I think you're misinterpreting me. I believe that the Bible is the word of the Lord. HOWEVER, certain parts were clearly left out that may also have been the word of God. These things are both very clear. Now if someone with a certain view point was assembling the Bible, then it is possible that certain parts were included or left out due to that view point. Also, while I believe it is the word of God it is also metaphorical, and to take it literally is to belittle God. After all, a large part of Christianity is a belief in mystery, so to claim a full understanding of God or the Bible is foolish. Translations also change the emphasis of certain things, as our previous debate over homosexuality exposed.

Anyway, I am a Christian who believes fully in Jesus Christ and his word. All I'm saying is don't pretend to know or understand everything in the Bible, or about God, Heaven, or Hell.

What, exactly, do you think was left out of the bible’s plan of salvation?  Does not the bible state that those who have not heard the gospel are in darkness and under the power of Satan? And doesn’t the bible state the message of the gospel is being spread in order to that those same people might believe in order to  receive forgiveness of their sins?  And doesn’t the bible state that as of right now, belief in Jesus is the only way to receive forgiveness of sins?

It seems you think something was left out simply because you disagree with what the bible/ already has iin it.  But anything you attempt to bring in is going to contradict both the OT and NT, for even Moses warned the Jews concerning their acceptance of the Messiah;

Dt 18:15 “The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.”

Also, you’ll have to refresh my memory regarding our previous debate over homosexuality, because I am able to take the scripture exactly how it is written in regard to those passages and view the bible being in total harmony on this issue from cover to cover.

Right because you know exactly what every implied statement or metaphor that may no longer culturally apply means today. You always are reading what is absolutely the correct translation of the Bible. There's no debate, JMCFEST knows everything about God and Christianity. After all, he can quote the Bible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies